Let's revisit this gem by Cam ft Max b 'Gotta Love It': Great diss track or Great Song?

Options

Comments

• international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    "? throwing rock signs outside of ur coup" "only time u went plat\my chain was on ur neck that's a natural fact"
    Crackin jokes <<< harsh reality

How was that harsh? Cam was the only one that had gone plat apart from Jay in that label, and he wasn't even signed by Jay nor ? with him, yet it was him that got them their first platinum plat as a signed artist...and Cam was spittin real facts too like; "You ain't the only with big wallets", "he stealin b.i.g. ? he made 2 albums you wyllin"...

But, but but wait... he was just payin homage to Big, go head and quote that ? bout him biggin up his borough and his brother that justifys minutes worth of material that he bit from ? , not just from Big... smh

So Kanye didnt go plat?

U Sir are a disgruntled underage fan & are not worthy of debating.

Lil ?

lmaooo@ yo selective ? , and im the lil ? ? rofl, you argue like a ? ...I clearly stated he was the FIRST to go plat as an artist and outside of Jay...that ? didn't even believe in Kanye as an artist at that time, Kanye himself will tell you that...foh with yo selective/groupieish ways...smh

Is that u Synthesis

I think you on to something, post just like that ? .

Was one of the WOAT posters..1369 post and 1369 n jigga related threads.. @ least tomp like lady gaga for a change of pace

Rofl...go do ya research before you type dumb ? ? , my thread making subjects mad diverse...go through my thread history before you talk ? , damn y'all ? just love talkin outta ya ass...
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good diss track but if you think about it cams career been on a down spiral since this dropped he might of went a lil over budget with this record lol #500kworth lol
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Keep my enemies close, give 'em enough rope/ they put themselves in the air, I just kick away the chair" >>>
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New York wasn't ? with Jay when this track dropped.
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Epic song

Love it to this day 1 of my fave diss songs ever period
  • King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought the diss was hard I just hated the alternate version beat was ?
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always thought this is a entertaining diss track but...
    Dig a Hole>>>You Gotta Love It
  • GunTown
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    New York wasn't ? with Jay when this track dropped.

Same over here and Max B was like a ? in the hoods out here when this song dropped

• bherc
    bherc Members Posts: 201 ✭✭
    Options
    Kalecrunch wrote: »
    Remember Cam's " I'm a biter not a writer"
    Damn near five mins of verse jay stole for half a second ? was looking at hov funny

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bherc wrote: »
    Damn near five mins of verse jay stole for half a second ? was looking at hov funny
    It was a dark period for Jay the funny thing is that clip existed before cam got a hold of it.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Funny track but amateurish
  • BamBamMr7Gram
    BamBamMr7Gram Members Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Timmy Jr don't respect his elders either

832663508.gif
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    bherc wrote: »
    It was a dark period for Jay the funny thing is that clip existed before cam got a hold of it.

yep and it was actually longer than that...
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    Options
    1.IMO Jay has never lost a beef but i ? with this song and Ether tough.
    2. I wasnt feeling Cam until he signed with the roc and i heard him on that Dream Team song.
    3. Cam plat album is because his association with Jay and we all know it
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great diss... Glad he put all that biting verses out for the world to see
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess I'm the only one that thinks "You Gotta Love" It wasn't all that. It was like he didn't have a good reason to diss jay but he went ahead and dissed him anyway. There were alot of quotables but in the end, the song was pointless.

And then he put Beyonce's vocals at the end. I'm not sure what he was trying to prove with that. All it proves is that back around 2000 when they were both trying to get on, Cam paid her to sing on a track. I never understood why he put that vocal clip at the end.

And I never understood why he kept going on and on about how Jay is ugly. Seems kinda childish to me.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All i know is I couldnt hang w/ yall nggas sayin 'this was ok'. Yall must have no sense of humor.

Ngga...when he said 'Sucker for love, mm mm, sucker for love' i fell tha ? out.

I am a Jay fan. I just pointed out Cam is less street than Jay in that other thread. But i call it how i see it.

This track was venomous. To this day i still cringe at how deep he was cuttin.

"Thats ya girl , thats ya world, had the fukin thing singin bout sellin ? "
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dqF_6H2ou8

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when u beef all that goes out the window...all of its childish. Cam is a real ? who is ignant so he wont pull any punches ala the ? he said bout dudes dead mom in that stan diss and the ? he said bout Nas kids.... The Beyonce ? was to jab at having urloe lady singing for me then aka fill in the blank
  • GunTown
    Options
    2. I wasnt feeling Cam until he signed with the roc and i heard him on that Dream Team song.

Then why didn't Beanie Sigel, Freeway, Memphis Bleek sell platinum they were associated with Jay Z and signed to Rocafella long before Camron yet they never went platinum even once

Then in 2013 J Cole who is signed to Jay Z and associated with him why didn't he go platinum?
  • ItzGravitation
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »

Then why didn't Beanie Sigel, Freeway, Memphis Bleek sell platinum they were associated with Jay Z and signed to Rocafella long before Camron yet they never went platinum even once

Then in 2013 J Cole who is signed to Jay Z and associated with him why didn't he go platinum?

i'll take the bait.
    who all went plat in 2013?
  • GunTown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »

i'll take the bait.
    who all went plat in 2013?

Forget 2013

Why didn't Beanie Sigel, Freeway, Bleek ever go platinum 10-15 years ago if u think Cam only went platinum because of the Jay Z affiliation?

U have no answer
  • ItzGravitation
    Options

Cam had already been out.
    Sigel and Freeway were just about rookies
    Xam already had a following but got enough to go plat when he ? with Jay and got that feature
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    This song shut down the IC back in 06.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beat and rhymes are dope.. The Hook is ? terrible
  • GunTown
    Options
    SMH this joker said the hook is terrible