Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only problem I have is a lot of people get falsely convicted....and we hear stories about them every month being released after serving half their life in prison

Nawww the judicial system is way too flawed
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    i think once they get caught someone should unofficially arrange for the parents of the victim have access to the accused while they're cuffed....

and whatever happens...happens

what if the parents are the actual culprits?

and you did mention the "accused"

whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? :(

you on your Republican ? right now haha
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think once they get caught someone should unofficially arrange for the parents of the victim have access to the accused while they're cuffed....

oh ? , i look dumb as hell right now
  • FatterThanKat
    FatterThanKat Members Posts: 677
    Options
    From an ethical standpoint the purpose of the courts and prisons should be corrections and rehabilitation, not punishment and public execution.

Free will does not work in the way our current court system believes. It only acknowledges certain factors as being legitimate reasons for crime, such as schizophrenia, but neglects the fact that every other person also behaves in the way their genes and upbringing dictate. Rather than just punishing these people the system should try to change the circumstances for these offenders and would be offenders to correct and rehabilitate, not simply punish.

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol. Du gon' drop the molesting ass parent in a room alone with the kid so they can molest them some more. SMH.
  • ol_buddy
    ol_buddy Members Posts: 293 ✭✭
    Options
    Y'all in here tripping. What happen when that man get found to be wrongly convicted. You gonna sow his ? back on for him?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

Lol. Du gon' drop the molesting ass parent in a room alone with the kid so they can molest them some more. SMH.

wtf?

yall be misinterpreting my posts like a mug
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? their grandmother
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The system dont work in our favor as is why would I want to up the punishment?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no... goin 2 jail and getting yo ass beat 4 20 or 30 years is good enough..

Child molesters are often not placed into population. If a ? gets harmed, there's a chance the prison can be held liable and sued. That's if they even reveal what their charge to the other inmates.

Railroading a man through the system and then expecting him to act as a vigilante on your behave. All the problems in prison that society turns they head on, now them ? want a favor. I wouldn't touch a hair on that pedophiles head unless it meant my appeal getting sped up. Give me something, ? .
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think people who prey on children should get life. That way they have a chance to be reformed and change their ways...but never come in contact with children again.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our justice system is too flawed to allow the implementation of permanent sanctions like death.
    You can't resurrect the falsely accused once their dead.

Exactly.

In addition, you have laws like that prosecute an 18 year old for having consensual sex with a 16-17 year old that fall under the same category of "child molester/sex offender", like ? don't know how to apply common sense.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    If you ? a child you should be put to death.

I have no sympathy for people who intentionally hurt children.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    no... goin 2 jail and getting yo ass beat 4 20 or 30 years is good enough..

Child molesters are often not placed into population. If a ? gets harmed, there's a chance the prison can be held liable and sued. That's if they even reveal what their charge to the other inmates.

Railroading a man through the system and then expecting him to act as a vigilante on your behave. All the problems in prison that society turns they head on, now them ? want a favor. I wouldn't touch a hair on that pedophiles head unless it meant my appeal getting sped up. Give me something, ? .

what i ment was 4 them 2 be put in population and let they charges be public... i was gonna work @ a place where violent sex offenders stayed and some of the ? they did was crazy so im just imagining if a ? who kno he gone spend the rest of his life in jail hear that some ? ? a 8 year old girl and repeatedly beat her and is givin access 2 him... thats all that is needed..
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This was always my sentiment.

I really feel that people act based on consequence. If people got their hands cut off for stealing people would be on their best behavior trust.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Only problem I have is a lot of people get falsely convicted....and we hear stories about them every month being released after serving half their life in prison

Nawww the judicial system is way too flawed

^^^ This.

A conviction doesn't even mean you're guilty these days, just that you didn't have enough evidence to prove your innocence.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/05/21/11756575-researchers-more-than-2000-false-convictions-in-past-23-years?lite

"In 1984, two North Carolina girls, age 4 and 6, were molested. They told police their abuser was Sylvester Smith, who was dating the mother of one of the girls, and he went to prison for the crime.

Twenty years later, the victims recanted, saying their grandmother told them to blame Smith, and his conviction was overturned.

But the person they say who really molested them -- their cousin, who was nine at the time -- could not be prosecuted because he was under age at the time of the alleged crime. He is, however, serving a life sentence for another crime he committed in the meantime: murder.
    "

Let's say a dude is accused of molesting a child, found guilty, then has his ? chopped off as some of y'all would have. 10 years later DNA evidence reveals that he was innocent.

Then what???

"my bad dawg..."

Y'all would be ok with this??? There were dudes on death row that were exonerated of the ? /murders that put them there via DNA evidence.

The justice system is entirely too flawed for any of this.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WHATS CASTRATION GONE DO???..MEN STILL HAVE HANDS AND MOUTHS... THE SAME WITH WOMEN
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *puts on Devils advocate hat*

Wow you ? up in here sounding like a bunch of conservatives. This type of "THEYRE GUILTY LET THESE ? ROT FOR ALL ETERNITY" thinking is why whitey has got no problem throwing tons of minorities in prisons.

With any crime, IMO, you seek to understand and CORRECT the problem (if possible) versus throwing ? under the jail and hope everyone learns their lesson.

So in regards to pedos.....

Has it occurred to anybody that:

1. Pedophiles might just be mentally ill. Mentally ill people really don't fully understand the scope of their crimes. Its not so much they have no control; its just their minds don't relate to other people enough to see why what they did was so wrong. In other words, these folks never had a chance to be fully capable members of society. Should they be unforgivably punished for having broken brains?

2. Sexual behavior is subjective as ? and the more we talk about it the better. A lot of pedophiles become violent predators because of the taboo nature of their attraction. They have no outlet or anyone to vent too without the feds kicking their door in. Imagine that, never acting on an attraction (something you can't control mind you), yet there's a high probability that you will be ostracized, arrested, or killed for even outing your preference.

Point is, Throwing ? in woodchippers for touching kids wont improve things. They'll just get sneakier. Its the same principle with poverty/oppression; the more we seek to understand it and have open dialogue, the higher chance we can come up with viable, effective solutions.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? /quarantine/chemically or physically castrate child molesters?

I mean, clearly they're defective and can taint society by abusing children. Many abusers were once abused. Would it be best to get rid of them?

Or nah?

U c, ? like this is y u always see people fighting so hard for freedom of speech, even though in the same instance it might've been an affront directed at them.

Ts just said a group of people are defective and have no use.
    That's a slippery slope.

What if we all were judged by our current 'contributions' to society or even worse societies opinion of 'worthiness'......see kardashians.

Peeps would be ? .

Deciding a group is worthless could have a trickle down effect and one day that cubicle u r so proud of, could be deemed not worthy enough to be afforded a Walmart wage, cause u taint society with your mediocrity and should go the way of the dodo.

It's time we accept it, ? as well as homosexuality is a sickness. It needs to be dealt with accordingly and not be cast aside as something individuals afflicted with the disease simply be put out to pasture, but a cure should be worked on and funded.

For the good of us all.
  • OhMars
    OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they are undoubtedly proven to have molested a child, I say ? them. There is no use for them in this world.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Then all murderers would have to be executed. All thieves would have their hands cut off. All Dope dealers would have to be pumped full of dope. Get the point? Nothing will stop pedophiles from existing. What about the ones who don't get caught for years or never been caught?
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One moment y'all ? are wondering where were all the sexed raged teachers at while y'all was in school. The next you want to sent them to the gallows.

Just the unattractive ones.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options