Tom Ford calls out Jay Z for rocking bootleg shirt, and he stole Jay Z idea..

Options

Comments

• spiritgod87
    spiritgod87 Members Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    U a ? ? jay. I think l black folks should boycott all major companies like Nike, Ralph Lauren, Gucci, Versace, Alexander McQueen and etc. They make a killing off of us andhave no real rrespect for us. I find it ironic that hip hop is so homophobic but love these ? designers

LOL at this stupid ? ? , you really ready to give up all that ? from companies that doesn't respect black people. Go in your refrigerator, pantry, closet, bathroom, garage, etc and take out all your ? then because 99% of the ? you use is white owned and they look down on blacks.

Kys if we all thought like that then Nuttin would get done. Go suck tom fords ? ya bish

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Grumpychuck‌ You're a fashionista, weigh in with your thoughts
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is ? crazy.
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    edited March 2014
    Options
    MrJR wrote: »
    Yo that Tom Ford song was wack and he should sue Jay for false advertisement.

1 of the worst songs in history
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If jay did get a dime from this it would be pennies.. Doubt he cares..
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    MrJR wrote: »
    Yo that Tom Ford song was wack and he should sue Jay for false advertisement.

1 of the worst songs in history

I don't even know what he was talking about in that ? .
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it sounds like the whole thing was all in good fun.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So that article erases the video of him dissing Old Hov or nah?
  • mrclassick
    mrclassick Members Posts: 86
    Options
    First off, People who hate on HOV should know by now that Jay-Z just don't do ? just to be doing it, You can best believe that he made X-amount of cheddar for using Tom ford in A song, So keep on with the hate while Jay-Z eats, And to those using race as an issue referring to Jay-Z sucking up to white people and so on, If that's what makes him money so be it, He not hurting you, Stop hating and make your own path.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's no secret that Jay-Z is a huge Tom Ford fan. Not only does the rapper wear the designer's impeccably crisp suits to red carpet events, but he's even dedicated an entire song to Ford in his newly released album, Magna Carta Holy Grail. The flattered designer told WWD that he was happy to hear the "Tom Ford" track and how Jay-Z gets such a "high" from wearing his clothes.

"Who would not be flattered to have an entire Jay-Z track named after them? I mean, come on, it's pretty rare that something like that happens," Ford told WWD. "It's a kind of validation of one's work, as it means that one has really penetrated and made an impact on popular culture. My favorite line is 'I don't pop Molly, I rock Tom Ford.' I love that he gets a 'high' from my clothes. I have been dressing him for years now, and I have to say I think he looks great in my clothes. [He] is one of our biggest customers. He let me know about this quite a while ago."

This isn't the first time Jay-Z plugged Ford's name. In Justin Timberlake's "Suit & Tie," Jay-Z rapped about "Tom Ford tuxedos for no reason" along with other fashion designers during his verse in the song.
    http://www.bet.com/news/fashion-and-beauty/2013/07/11/tom-ford-responds-to-jay-z-s-musical-ode-to-the-designer.html

Ohhhhhhhhh dammmmmnnn ouch!

I believe you NASTIALITES would call this "that ? that makes ur soul burn slow" ....correct?

Lame ass NASTIALITES looooooooooooose again .....I just don't understand why life has to be so hard on them

damn these dusty ass ? always hovering around some ? stories like a pack of roaches ...but it looks like @soulrattler had that raid pack turnt up for these dirtbags
  • mrclassick
    mrclassick Members Posts: 86
    Options
    it sounds like the whole thing was all in good fun.
    You can't tell these rabbit ass ? that.

• lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always wondered if it was a "? in the barrel" type ? when Rappers promote white brands 10x more than black brands. Its like they dont wanna see another black business man get too rich.

Given free promo to a whiteman who's already rich is ass backwards.

PS
    Phat Farm was the GOAT black streetgear...I almost cried when Russell sold it.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    When you have a huge following, never give promo for free. Hov is a smart business man, but he was dumb for this. Tom Ford won, and didn't give Hov a dime.

Makes you wonder what is Hov's end goal..... 50 Cent spoke on this ? a few months ago with car companies SMMFH. These ? rappers man -_-*

link what he said(50), im intrigued now
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas
    NAS

Well .. What do you know?
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    LOL..
    ? even copied the MOLLY design at the bottom of the shirt..

tomford2.jpg?w=590
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    Y'all are later than a muthafucka on this,

I've been scratching my head since like '92.

They way I looked at it, with Black brands like Phat Farm, Fubu, Sean John, Enyce, Akademiks, Ecko etc., I really didnt see a reason for these Rappers to still be going outta there way to big-up these white designers back then.

Ghostface is my man, but I remember him & Grand Puba constantly bigging-up Tommy Hilfiger in the early to mid '90's. I was like, "If I had the doe these Rappers claim they got, I'd be freshly dipped in those Black brands a-day of week"

So this ? been going on long b4 jay.

Urban wear died because rappers always wanted to show you how rich they were. So instead of rocking Karl Kani, Enyce etc. They wanted to take it to another level and they started wearing and promoting Versace, Louie Vuitton etc. They even do this with cars. In the 90's a Lexus, Benz or BMW was considered the top of the line cars. Then they started promoting Bentley's, Rolls Royce, Maybach's and now Bugatti.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    AMS_8.jpg

If anything this dude should be celebrated by rappers with such prominence like Jay Z

He's Ghanaian and a top designer based in England

I seen him in GQ mag. He's on Saville Row. His name is Ozwald Boateng.

Couldn't get more Ghanaian. First name's probably Kofi

• antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    Jay gave dude free promo with that "Tom Ford" song,
    and in return,
    Tom Ford exposed him for wearing knock off clothes,
    and he stole the idea of the knock offs design..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9O56tAuDL3gg0bDyUucK8ysFFgHY-7HxHCyXIaUCIvLHNI8iu

i dont know tom ford put jayz on the official joint ... jay could get some kick back from that ...
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't he praising Jay when the song came out tho?
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    If Jay Z killed @Usmarines mother this dude would still try to defend him

His stanning and worshipping of Jay Z has no bounds it is actually creepy as hell since he a male it actually is looking ? now real talk i'm not even joking i think Usmarin might actually be a closet ?

If a white man spat in your face and called your people Haji, you would say that's ok Em would the same thing. You stan for someone who doesn't even respect women of color you eat with your right hand wipe with you left ? ,

Anyone who did that i would ? them and they would die. Em's best friend was black an ethnic minority, he grew up around nothing but blacks, grew up in a black hood in Detroit.

U on the other would literally defend Jay Z if he murdered ya mother u a male and u stanning for an ugl;y camel looking man?

Do u have mental problems? the dude u worshipping doesn't even care about u or ya existance

You do realize that if you ? someone they would automatically die, right?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "It was all good just a week ago"- jay-z