Do you, as a black person, love America?

Options

Comments

• P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Evil wrote: »
    The piece of land or the mfs who stole it and enslaved my ancestors?

The very same land that your ancestors fought for you to thrive in.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    Chicity wrote: »
    P-Dogg77 wrote: »
    Seeing that the African-American culture is pretty unique and different from most general African cultures, there is no point in claiming Africa as our countries anymore now that we have no more ties with Africa other than our skin tones.

If you ever served overseas in the military and had white friends/coworkers, did you self-identify as American too, as having a shared common nationality with them when being abroad?

Do you consider institutionalized racism as a fair exchange for freedom and more vast range of limits compared to living in other black countries?
    That ? gonna touch a lot of souls

TS should thank this ? for his soon to be diamond thread......

wait... he is the threadstarter isn't he?

OR IS HE?

spin.gif
    He is and I didn't pay attention to that
  • 1800skypager
    1800skypager Members Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P-Dogg77 wrote: »
    True. I said blacks in America have no connection to Africans and I got stoned to death.

It's true. Notwithstanding that the highest forms of art and music today stems from slaves who brought their influences from Africa, but other than being influenced by a few Africanisms that the slavers spent 400 years trying to suppress, what else is there that is typical African about Black Americans?

We don't speak a language anywhere near reminiscent of any African language, we have very very few African traditions left. We have English names and have lived life the American way ever since.

When I say we're different, I'm not talking about language and culture. We have a different make-up than the Africans.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Greatest nation on earth! I can't wait until the ghettos leave and the poor whites pull themselves by the bootstrap then utopia will exist
  • 1800skypager
    Options
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Greatest nation on earth! I can't wait until the ghettos leave and the poor whites pull themselves by the bootstrap then utopia will exist

Uptopia: where people don't help others
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Its a possibility bruh and more possible.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »

Uptopia: where people don't help others

Utopia not uptopia
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    NO.

And America dont love me.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fallacy of relevance
  • 1800skypager
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    no matter how black people in america feel about themselves no matter how you try to distance yourself from africa the specter of africa is still hoovering above you and there is nothing you can do about it. Part of the reason they ? on blacks in america is because of the situation africa is in.

AND I KEEP hearing african americans say that they built this country, you ? are deluded. you did not build this country and are not responsible for it's success you are no more responsible for american success than the cows on a farm are responsible for building the farm.

Here we go again... Our people are not from Africa... Africa is a continent named after a Roman... Our people were all-over the planet before Africa was a thought.

Black people did build America. What do you think the trans-Atlantic slave trade was about? You think white people bought us just cause? Nah... they wanted us to build this country because we were natural builders.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No. I live here, don't love it here.

? a false sense of loyalty.
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love America, I just hate a bunch of people that live here
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My country tis of thee... sweet land of liberty...
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    or better yet lets say I admire the principles and the supposed vision of america

A place where anyone regardless of race, religion or gender can make an honest living without discrimination

now is it anywhere near that vision? ? no, not with Zimmerman ? , racist groups, gender discrimination and of course just in general racist undertones

I feel america will always have that "work in progress" status

but compared to the rest of the world, we have it pretty good, especially if you traveled

and I'll tell you a ? has traveled, ? France, England, Amsterdam, Spain, Monaco (one of the richest places in the world, if you dont know about just look at 50 Cent's Window shopper vid) and Switzerland

and though those are beautiful places, I still feel that our "values" are what makes us stand out

The right to bear arms, the right to free speech, no dicatorship ? , the right to have a trial (no matter how ? up the justice system is, this still is valuable because in other countries such as Saudi Arabia or alot of Arabic countries they just ? you)

y else do other races give everything up to come over here to better their lives

y would illegal immigrants risk leaving their whole family behind to come here, cubans defecting from cuba cause of that ? wit Castro, chaldeans and muslims getting away from all that turmoil in Iraq outta all places to go why America?

we have evolved as a nation compared to not too long ago in the '50s where blacks were discrimated against, oppressed, and just in general terrible conditions

today in america's current state, blacks have a better opportunity now than ever to become more successful than our wildest dreams

you can "hate" whitey and ? but eventually all that hate wont get you nowhere unless you put in that work

and that does not take away all the evil ? the white man have done in the past, thats the truth

regardless of all the hate thats get thrown at us, the discrimination, the odds against us, racist ass crackers and other groups attempting to oppress us

I personally love being black, we are the most emulated and envied races in the world, look at how we have affected american culture, the music industry, fashion, the language, business and just the overall package of being

a black male, i love it, if ? asked me my ? , did u enjoy your life, would like to experience it as a white person, I'll tell ? straight up, hell nah lol im straight

I remember a white boy that acted black that went to my school right, he asked me would I ever want to be white

and I just laughed

? outta here wit that ? ass question
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    no matter how black people in america feel about themselves no matter how you try to distance yourself from africa the specter of africa is still hoovering above you and there is nothing you can do about it. Part of the reason they ? on blacks in america is because of the situation africa is in.

AND I KEEP hearing african americans say that they built this country, you ? are deluded. you did not build this country and are not responsible for it's success you are no more responsible for american success than the cows on a farm are responsible for building the farm.

Here we go again... Our people are not from Africa... Africa is a continent named after a Roman... Our people were all-over the planet before Africa was a thought.

Black people did build America. What do you think the trans-Atlantic slave trade was about? You think white people bought us just cause? Nah... they wanted us to build this country because we were natural builders.

? you think black people came from space your opinion is not something that deserves respect. wake the ? up and stop being so simple minded.

black PEOPLE walked all over the earth but we started from africa. Fool black people were used like farm animals animals don't build anything white people built america they came up with the ideas that that having been holding up this nation they created and still control all of it's institutions.
  • zombie
    Options
    laws, ideas, institutions and ideals and principles run nations

The slaves of ancient rome never said they built it but black people are so ? lost they think they built america. Which black man signed the declaration of independence or wrote the bill of rights or constitution?? which black general conquered the native american nations or fought and won the wars against mexico ??? which black man paid france for louisiana??? Lol you ? have been trained well and it's really sad.
  • 1800skypager
    Options
    Who told you we are from Africa? Please enlighten me.

If black people worked on the plantation to raise agriculture for the white man to sell and construct buildings then they built this country. How hard is that to understand.
  • zombie
    Options

If black people worked on the plantation to raise agriculture for the white man to sell and construct buildings then they built this country. How hard is that to understand.

african americans like all black people in the americas came from west africa, i happen to be lucky enough to be born into an ethic group that never forgot our origins in africa because my people were not slaves for very long we kept more knowledge of who we are. Ideas make nations not unthinking labor

A hammer by itself does not build a house the man who bangs the hammer builds the house slaves are like hammers.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell no, I don't love America. I don't even celebrate the Fourth of July. But my Black ass lives here, so it is what it is. *shrugs*

Go back to africa ?
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No. I don't love this nation nor would I fight for it. I consider myself Black not African American. The perspective allows me to identify and empathize with all the various peoples on earth of African descent who find themselves under oppression or attack.

There are Black people in Australia, melanesia, fiji, south america, philippines, india, china.
    Considering myself some hyphenated american not only subconsciously causes me to identify with white people but it separates me from other Black people based on arbitrary borders.
  • 1800skypager
    Options

african americans like all black people in the americas came from west africa, i happen to be lucky enough to be born into an ethic group that never forgot our origins in africa because my people were not slaves for very long we kept more knowledge of who we are. Ideas make nations not unthinking labor

A hammer by itself does not build a house the man who bangs the hammer builds the house slaves are like hammers.

Your genetics may be from West Africa, but the majority of black Anericans are from the East.

Ok white people had the ideas but without a slave force nothing would've been built so that would mean that black people built this country.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My bro typed that comment