Comments

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    Pico wrote: »
    I agree with what she said. Unfortunately too many ? wanna be ? now a days so it ain't go happen.

Aren't you a woman in the army?

Yea what's your point?
    A young thug had to get a job b

so you agree with what she said about traditional gender roles and women working... except for when it comes to you?
    I had to conform to the norms and get a ? job cause no ? was gonna pay a dowery for my ass foh with this ? b
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Either you lacking or fronting cuz they got plenty of broads out here wifed up and playing housewife.

Men who have their money right dont mind payin for it.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant a woman be one way out of the house and then play that wife role when she is home? What's so hard about that? I never been married so i dont know really.

You want it to be one way...........but it's the other way.

Dont no man want a woman mascarading as a womanly woman. B/c no matter how hard she try, the woman who lives that life and is that way by nature will always be better at it.
  • S2J
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Lol @Pico why you trollin you talk like Riley from Boondocks you aint no old fashion woman.

It is true that nggas is actin like bytches these days, but also more n more women are actin like nggas.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm up in the air about this.

After working full time and trying to play the 'womanly' role at home for the past four years, yeah staying home would be nice if only for the break.

But then I start thinking about it and I just know I'd get into trouble eventually.

There is just not enough to do at the house all day to justify not working. I only have one child that's already in school..the house only gets so ? . There isn't a ton of laundry to do...I mean after Tuesday I'd just be sitting around watching talk shows and eating.

I like working, even though I do not like my job. I feel it gives me an identity beyond mother and domestic help.

That said, there is nothing wrong with wanting that as a woman and I hate when women try to shame those that want that life. It's nothing to be ashamed of...I just know it wouldn't work for me personally.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My grandmother had 9 children she cleaned, cooked, helped take care of the cows and still had to put up with the constant supply of ? my grandfather demanded. half the time there was no electricity and when the money done it done. You ? could not put up that kind of ? so i don't want to hear no ? .
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

After working full time and trying to play the 'womanly' role at home for the past four years, yeah staying home would be nice if only for the break.

But then I start thinking about it and I just know I'd get into trouble eventually.

There is just not enough to do at the house all day to justify not working. I only have one child that's already in school..the house only gets so ? . There isn't a ton of laundry to do...I mean after Tuesday I'd just be sitting around watching talk shows and eating.

I like working, even though I do not like my job. I feel it gives me an identity beyond mother and domestic help.

That said, there is nothing wrong with wanting that as a woman and I hate when women try to shame those that want that life. It's nothing to be ashamed of...I just know it wouldn't work for me personally.

What does that even mean
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Cant a woman be one way out of the house and then play that wife role when she is home? What's so hard about that? I never been married so i dont know really.

Dont no man want a woman mascarading as a womanly woman. B/c no matter how hard she try, the woman who lives that life and is that way by nature will always be better at it.

Just to clarify, a womanly role is a stay at home mom kinda like what kat just described? If we don't live that life then we are fighting gender roles and there's no way to combine the 2 because a woman who is naturally that way will always be better. That's some ? , im sorry.
  • Kat
    Options

What does that even mean

It means idle hands are the devil's playground.

Take it how you like.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

What does that even mean

It means by Tuesday she's watching talk shows and being bored...by Thursday she's inviting the mail man in for drinks on a hot day to cool off...just ? with you Kat lol
  • jill
    jill Members Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in all genders playing their roles
  • S2J
    edited April 2014
    Options

Just to clarify, a womanly role is a stay at home mom kinda like what kat just described? If we don't live that life then we are fighting gender roles and there's no way to combine the 2 because a woman who is naturally that way will always be better. That's some ? , im sorry.

Well i hate to bring kat into the convo, but what she just desrcibed is an example of what im talkin about. A woman can try to do it, but if in her heart she doesnt want to, it will never be as good as the woman who is a natural. (The same goes for head ladies!)

B/c there's plenty of women who dont fight these "double standards" so many of yall women fight. And thats cool b/c yall are probly gonna be more successful, make more money, have a better career...

oh but you aint gon have no man doe.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^ real ass post.
  • Kat
    Options

Well i hate to bring kat into the convo, but what she just desrcibed is an example of what im talkin about. A woman can try to do it, but if in her heart she doesnt want to, it will never be as good as the woman who is a natural. (The same goes for head ladies!)

B/c there's plenty of women who dont fight these "double standards" so many of yall women fight. And thats cool b/c yall are probly gonna be more successful, make more money, have a better career...

First off, stop fighting it..you love me.

Secondly..lol @ the bolded.

There are tons of men available for a woman that would prefer to make a check to add to her man's bank. Matter of fact, I'd venture to say there are plenty that actually require it these days.

I mean Ms. Independent? Bad ? ? She Got Her Own?

I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T..do you know what that means?

Stop the madness.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My only thing...it's not that much womanly work to be done at the house to not say you can't do both though (work and be a housewife)...

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I agree with what she said. Unfortunately too many ? wanna be ? now a days so it ain't go happen.

Yea what's your point?

so you agree with what she said about traditional gender roles and women working... except for when it comes to you?
    I had to conform to the norms and get a ? job cause no ? was gonna pay a dowery for my ass foh with this ? b

I hate to break it to you but that's not how dowries work... basically when we get married your pops gotta give me all his monies for taking you off his hands.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blacktux
    Options

There are tons of men available for a woman that would prefer to make a check to add to her man's bank. Matter of fact, I'd venture to say there are plenty that actually require it these days.

Stop the madness.

I hope you arent serious....

It is what it is i guess LOL.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yea what's your point?

I hate to break it to you but that's not how dowries work... basically when we get married your pops gotta give me all his monies for taking you off his hands.

Yeah....that ? ain't givin you ? bruh :-(
  • S2J
    Options

Stop the madness.

I lol'd. A rare funny from Kat. Kudos.

Boosie home yall
  • blacktux
    Options

I think everyone is tired of the whole "roleplaying" game. Either you are or you arent.

People pretending to do or like things is why the relationships are so ? nowadays.

Not pretending but being a hardworking badass outside of the home. Then at home being vulnerable and letting my man take the lead, rub his feet and ask how his day went, cook for him and iron his shirts. All that ? yall like lol. As humans we are complex and capable of having different sides. Doesn't mean we're pretending.

Well if thats you thats love, if you doing that to "play/fill a role" its wack.

Thats all im saying.
  • S2J
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Maybe i got a different view b/c im in DC and chicks out here make as much as the men really. They got everything goin, career, they fly, they got they lil Birkin bags... but the ratio is so sick (3 to 1 women to men) that they got all that yet they go to bed lonely listenin to Amy Winehouse Back to Black Lol

Thats why they be so thirsty at the Ruth Chris!! Relax ma! Lol
  • Kat
    Options
    lol..here he goes with his tall tales again.

@ShiveDreadz‌

Why do I have to be joking?
  • blacktux
    Options
    You not really hanging on to those song lyrics for real though..

That ? got the whoooole game ? up.

@Kat‌