Comments

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like feels bruh.
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, you right. A ? calling me a rooster got me tight. Cold world outchea.
  • IgnorantSole
    IgnorantSole Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if he woulda snatched her up after the abuse, somehow he would've still been "in the wrong"
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ga_Clay wrote: »
    if he woulda snatched her up after the abuse, somehow he would've still been "in the wrong"

Pretty much. She could throw that ? around like John Cena for 10 minutes, but as soon as he grabs her forearm...he's a bastard!
  • WinterHeat
    WinterHeat Members Posts: 340 ✭✭✭
    Options
    It isn't the same because women are not physically stronger than men. It would be like people reacting to a child hitting an adult. It's not the same as an adult hitting a child.
  • IgnorantSole
    IgnorantSole Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WinterHeat wrote: »
    It isn't the same because women are not physically stronger than men. It would be like people reacting to a child hitting an adult. It's not the same as an adult hitting a child.

? rant and rave about how strong they are and how much pain they can take cause they push out a buncha water head ass babies, but restraining you brings you near to death? ? need to be charged fines for flopping
  • sweetheart93
    sweetheart93 Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anansi wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    Bet they're thinking he cheated and deserves it, yet they never gave a thought as to why the female may have been getting abused.

smh

Maybe they're thinking "why isn't he defending himself when he's more than likely stronger than her?"

I know I would only say something if the person being abused doesn't look like they can defend themselves.

@sweetheart93 i believe you owe me something

It's in your closet, watching, waiting.....
  • sweetheart93
    sweetheart93 Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bet they're thinking he cheated and deserves it, yet they never gave a thought as to why the female may have been getting abused.

smh

Maybe they're thinking "why isn't he defending himself when he's more than likely stronger than her?"

I know I would only say something if the person being abused doesn't look like they can defend themselves.

Why not give him the benefit of the doubt he's trying to be as much of a gentleman to her?

Did you watch the video?

Whose aid would you come to first? The female or the males?

? being a gentleman he better beat her ass.

I would help the lady, cos I hate men.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Old School Man Law: If you see me in a fight wit a bear, pray for the bear

New Ngga Man Law: If you see me and my signifigant other in a tiff, please, anybody, call for help!
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man listen. If you choose tonopen hand slap the ? out of a ? that's hitting you then by all means....get yours. Who gives a ? what society at large feels about it as long as you know you are in the right. ? 'em.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Violence is not violence. I hope you all know this fake outrage is a ploy to trivialize male on female violence.

At a point and time in this country women that were domestically abused couldn't even go to the police. Other countries still have major women's rights issues regarding domestic abuse.

What's sad is that in the video, no men even attempted to help the woman. It reasonable to assume the man could defend himself.

If a man was pushing around another man, they wouldn't of helped either.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Violence is not violence. I hope you all know this fake outrage is a ploy to trivialize male on female violence.

At a point and time in this country women that were domestically abused couldn't even go to the police. Other countries still have major women's rights issues regarding domestic abuse.

What's sad is that in the video, no men even attempted to help the woman. It reasonable to assume the man could defend himself.

If a man was pushing around another man, they wouldn't of helped either.

You missed the entire point.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't believe in intervening into situations between a man and a woman unless its severe....
    I don't see what sad about ppl minding their business in that instance.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't believe in intervening into situations between a man and a woman unless its severe....
    I don't see what sad about ppl minding their business in that instance.

Neither situation was 'severe' but it simply goes to show that the general public will stand up for a woman rather than man. The dude only put hands on her face which was enough to get people to stop him. Flip the tables, she did more to him and no one cared to intervine. You ain't stupid, you know that men and women are looked at in a different light. In both situations, the woman was looked at as the victim. It's just sexist ? . The world still holds on to old ideas.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and I'm cool with that, because I benefit from it...
    I'm not an abuser, nor am I abused... so reap the benefits of patriarchy that faux feminist support unintentionally...
    this is only an issue in the legal context. men shouldn't be penalized for protecting themselves from a female just because she's weak...
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doctors, Lawyers, Judges, Politcians, Folks with money, dudes who get no ? , pay women to do that to them its called Dominiation/Humilation via roleplay.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This like the jay z/solange incident
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is sad. Dude can get smacked on by a ? . But if he call the police he will probably still get arrested.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Is this another thread where men are gonna be crying about being abused by women and how unfair the world is?

Boo hoo ? .
  • TruthSerum777
    TruthSerum777 Members Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Options
    Domestic violence isn't right in either case. However, in society's eyes there are some things women can get away with and this happens to be one of them. On the flip side if a guy cheats in a relationship it's okay, not shocking at all...but if a woman does it she's a ? . Just another example of double standard.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    As much as people want it to be the same, it's just NOT the same. Men have considerably more muscle mass than women on average, so the same action of violence against a man would carry less power than if the man did it to a woman.

That being said, both are treated equally from a legislative/public policy perspective, as they should be. The female can be arrested for domestic violence just as easily as a man. I think the problem is more so that men themselves are hesitant to put a stop to it. Calling the cops because a woman hit you can be and usually is construed as being "soft". Even though she would get arrested just as easily as a man would in the same scenario. But men contribute to the unfairness of all this because of their own refusal to treat it the same. You men say this is wrong and women should be punished just as swiftly, but I don't see men calling the cops every time they get smacked in the face by their partner, pushed, etc. So why would you expect any reaction other than what you saw in the video?

Cant have it both ways fellas. Besides, do you really want to be equal to women in EVERY regard? Revel in being a man, own it. Own whatever comes along with that, the good and the bad.

• gem$tone
    gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • gem$tone
    Options
  • gem$tone
    Options
    WinterHeat wrote: »

So with that logic, a 6'2 210 athletic dude shouldn't retaliate after being slapped by a 5'6 135 lanky dude because he is more likely stronger?

That same 5'6 dude at 27 shouldn't hit a 5'8 165 twelve year old back after being struck?

Like another person said, you learn in kindergarten to keep your hands to yourself. I was taught you big enough to hit, you big enough to get hit back. Period.

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "How can she slap? How can she slap meeeeeee?"

Dead

@I heart Cali is correct.