• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    caddo man wrote: »
    _Lefty wrote: »
    _Lefty wrote: »
    All jokes aside, we need leadership. Black people is so off our square right now.

WE will never have leadership like the MLK's, Marcus Garveys or Malcolm Xs of yesterday. The media will find something to discredit them. Even if they come in with skeletons out in the open. Black people are problems are fragmented. There isnt one problem that every black person can say effects them like Jim crow did.

Even now the real problem is not truly race. Race is just the outer appearance. Because even if race wasnt there we has human beings will find a way to separate ourselves.

You was good til the bolded. Race is foundation of our problems, the reason we became so disenfranchised in the first place. Class warfare is another challenge, but we've always been victims of classism, but now other ethnic groups are grouped with us because a lot of muthafuckas is starvin, we was just starvin first, and our skin color and culture are going to make it much harder to get out of the hole that we were tossed into. Don't ever get it ? up, race starts and ends it. A ? with a billion is still a ? .

A ? is how "they" see you. And "they" is not just white people it is us too that see ourselves as such. As you said, we are not the only ones starving. So the disease is not exclusive to us but to others. Even as black people we separated ourselves by hair, skin color, clothing. etc. We are caught up in the packaging, when all along the inner workings of a person is truly what separates them. Stop imploring the same tactics of stereotyping and profiling. You will find yourself with the same twisted logic "they" have. At the end of both MLK and Malcolm X lives. They came to the conclusion that the human condition is what we need to concentrate on. Not the byproducts of fear greed and envy.

Honestly ? , go ? yourself. scary ? like u, dont deserve to breathe.

I only hope that one day the same knowledge and perspective that has been passed down to me will be given to you.

I wish you well but you wish me ill.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @_Lefty

I dont fault you for that. WE all find ourselves putting a race, religion, or creed in a box to help us understand what is going on. That is natural. I do it. It is a survival tactic that is proven to work.

After you have gotten past the survival part. You can truly be able to analyze the situation and understand all aspects of what happen. When I make a mistake, I look into What, When, Why and how the mistake was made. Those questions are asked to make sure the situation never happens again. Even when I am in that situation again, I need to understand from every perspective (not just mine). The perspective of the cop, the perspective of the person witnessing the situation from afar, and My thought process as it the situation progressed. Next time I am in this situation what outcome do I want.

Like the saying goes, Whatever doesn't ? you, make you stronger. Today this saying holds alot of truth.

this guy gets it....

but we have to also be realistic and understand where we live. You can not think for others. Some people are just not going to come to the same conclusion ad you on certain issues. Ideally, I would love for everyone to see what is really happening in this country and for all races of people to be able to cohabitate respectfully and peacefully. But its just not gonna happen. The foundation of this country is corrupt, and has infects every generation of people since its conception. So we have to play the cards we are dealt.

I
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    @_Lefty

I dont fault you for that. WE all find ourselves putting a race, religion, or creed in a box to help us understand what is going on. That is natural. I do it. It is a survival tactic that is proven to work.

After you have gotten past the survival part. You can truly be able to analyze the situation and understand all aspects of what happen. When I make a mistake, I look into What, When, Why and how the mistake was made. Those questions are asked to make sure the situation never happens again. Even when I am in that situation again, I need to understand from every perspective (not just mine). The perspective of the cop, the perspective of the person witnessing the situation from afar, and My thought process as it the situation progressed. Next time I am in this situation what outcome do I want.

Like the saying goes, Whatever doesn't ? you, make you stronger. Today this saying holds alot of truth.

@caddo man
    I feel that. But it's alien technology compared to how we are living right now. You're basically asking people to be lebron james and as a society can't even dribble a ball without losing it. We're so caught up in all of our preconcieved notions of eachother that it's hard to react without carrying them. It's going to take a concerted effort on all levels to move our conciseness as a whole to the level of thinking you're speaking of where we can get along and build together. It's not that I don't believe in people and their good will. It's just that I've seen the other side so often that I wouldn't dare be irresponsible and walk into a situation and think somethin sweet because amongst any race creed color or class, including my own, it could get me killed or jailed, something I could've avoided had I just trusted my instincts instead of trying to be an idealist, it has its place, but right now it's code red especially on black men. This goes back to what I said in my initial post, we need a leader that can tie everything and everybody together and get people to move as one. Once we move as one, we can grow, that don't just go for black people, but the human race/condition in general. That's what you said was the ideal right? I totally agree, but we can't move in fragments or the weight of negativity will bring us right back to where we are.
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol yall went waaaaaaaay left field but its all good

I was talking about Society as a whole. Discrimination will probably never go away. You'll always have people who feel like they're better than you. Even if its for no reason
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    We the people crave direction that goes hand in hand with the person we perceive ourselves to be. The difference today is our national identity is fading. No longer is it about what the people want, its about what the individual desires.

There is barely a collective want among people that doesn't involve being rich and famous and there is a lot less willingness to compromise because its so easy to just "move on" with communication being so arbitrary.

A country only stands as long as the people believe in it and our beliefs our fading as social stigmas become norms and less and less security is achieved through the established system.

In 2014 a bachelors degree doesn't guarantee you anything but debt, meaning the traditional way of thinking is breaking down as people find other models to attain success and build a fulfilling life.

Make progression and unity trendy and you'll win these people, it would seem so revolutionary to the iGeneration
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    We the people crave direction that goes hand in hand with the person we perceive ourselves to be. The difference today is our national identity is fading. No longer is it about what the people want, its about what the individual desires.

There is barely a collective want among people that doesn't involve being rich and famous and there is a lot less willingness to compromise because its so easy to just "move on" with communication being so arbitrary.

A country only stands as long as the people believe in it and our beliefs our fading as social stigmas become norms and less and less security is achieved through the established system.

In 2014 a bachelors degree doesn't guarantee you anything but debt, meaning the traditional way of thinking is breaking down as people find other models to attain success and build a fulfilling life.

Make progression and unity trendy and you'll win these people, it would seem so revolutionary to the iGeneration

You preached the gospel. I've been seein that ? build up for a while now.

The thing is, people are actually okay with this
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    Options
    When the establishment stops answering your questions you either find a new source or stop wondering altogether.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    KingSimba wrote: »
    @_Lefty

this guy gets it....

but we have to also be realistic and understand where we live. You can not think for others. Some people are just not going to come to the same conclusion ad you on certain issues. Ideally, I would love for everyone to see what is really happening in this country and for all races of people to be able to cohabitate respectfully and peacefully. But its just not gonna happen. The foundation of this country is corrupt, and has infects every generation of people since its conception. So we have to play the cards we are dealt.

I

Lets imagine we act on this post.

All of us on this thread agree that we are more enlightened to whats going on in America than the rest of our people.

Does this group of ours make our own choices in life "individually" or come to the same conclusions as an "enlightened" team?

Imo, being realistic is not only going for the moment but understanding that there will be more moments in life to act on in the future.
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    KingSimba wrote: »
    @_Lefty

this guy gets it....

I

Lets imagine we act on this post.

All of us on this thread agree that we are more enlightened to whats going on in America than the rest of our people.

Does this group of ours make our own choices in life "individually" or come to the same conclusions as an "enlightened" team?

Imo, being realistic is not only going for the moment but understanding that there will be more moments in life to act on in the future.

Its funny you said that. Tommorow always escapes a lot of people's mind.

And that's no shot fired, it ain't

But living for Tomorrow will get you ahead Today
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    Options
    @ThePayPalPimp.

It would take a team of individual thinkers coming together and devising a master plan.

Share your opinions among the group, weed out the extreme and weak POVs and come to a solid middle ground. Then you move forward from that point with the application/execution of the plan
  • Viktor
    Viktor Members Posts: 228 ✭✭
    Options
    What is this drivel? You seek what slaves seek.
  • BarreGoff
    BarreGoff Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
    Options
    If you felt it necessary to make this insipid response to this article then you didn't understand the article. Why you need to share that with us or the author eludes me. "LOL"