nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cant even find andre's speech on youtube
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    the ? shake era was goat freaknik used to be off a chain. parties were fun thugs ass ? dancin too lol. dont wanna be no freak no more by raheem and nasty dancer used to be my ? lol. I dont think they mentioned oomp camp

My brother & his crew use to hit up the freaknik every year in the 90s.

I remember that ? said, he went to jail in Greenbrier Mall (I forgot why tho) then he went to jail again in Atlanta during the freaknik because he sold some weed to this ? & the helicopter caught his ass selling lol. They had him on the news & ? . They took him to jail & the police let him flush the rest of his weed down the toliet & let him go

lol at least he got on a side note off freaks galore.... many a chick got ? tho.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the ? shake era was goat freaknik used to be off a chain. parties were fun thugs ass ? dancin too lol. dont wanna be no freak no more by raheem and nasty dancer used to be my ? lol. I dont think they mentioned oomp camp

I remember that ? said, he went to jail in Greenbrier Mall (I forgot why tho) then he went to jail again in Atlanta during the freaknik because he sold some weed to this ? & the helicopter caught his ass selling lol. They had him on the news & ? . They took him to jail & the police let him flush the rest of his weed down the toliet & let him go

lol at least he got on a side note off freaks galore.... many a chick got ? tho.

That was one of the reasons why they stop the freaknik, was it?
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freaknic was the ?

I met the Wu when they 1st came out,Luke beat up his DJ

The baracde broke and it turned into chaos
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GSonII wrote: »
    I watched it and it was good. Didn't know Arrested Development was from Atlanta. City has way more good looks than bad. Crazy the amount of hate they get.

DIDNT KNOW IT EITHER.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBODY EVER MENTIONS THEM IN MUSIC OR ATLANTA
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    And y'all ? be so quick to hate on atl

yeah because its becoming NYC 2.0 with all the wack rappers it spits out nowadays. You used to have killer mike and outkast and TIP and Jeezy. Now you got young thug, future, trinidad james.

monizlle you are on record saying Trinidad James is dope.
  • loch121
    Options
    Speech was from Milwaukee,but moved here

yeah AD was from ATL

The song Tennessee made ppl not know they were from ATL
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A doc about ATL starts off in NYC. NYC is the GOAT American city.
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw this the other night.

? was dope.
  • loch121
    Options
    A doc about ATL starts off in NYC. NYC is the GOAT American city.

You can't talk about hip hop w/out speaking on NY
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whatever became of Ghetto Mafia?? Them ? went in mane.......

Drama went down for a robbery or something, but I think he fell back after that........

That ? Cool Breeze was dope too....

The old A takes a big ? on this new ATL mane. Believe dat!
  • aneed123
    Options
    mrrealone wrote: »

Drama went down for a robbery or something, but I think he fell back after that........

Freddie Calhoun the coolest cutter at camp.. He and Witchdoctor were slept on heavy
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Freddie Calhoun the coolest cutter at camp.. He and Witchdoctor were slept on heavy

that holiday beat is crazy...the album too. i heard someone refer to it as "swamp-funk"
  • loch121
    Options

Ghetto Mafia kinda fell off when they beefed w/ Outkast

Straight from the dec was my ?

Yeah Drama caught some crazy charge

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    i cant wait to find time to check this, they need to do one on other cities in hip hop, kinda bias but first in mind would be memphis since they got ? on the hip hop honors
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That was one of the reasons why they stop the freaknik, was it?

Man when I was growing up the news stations used to ? on Freaknik while it was going on I remember that clearly.

I honestly think that the city of atl stopped allowing it because it was simply too many rowdy ? in one place. It was like a freakier Mardi Gras, and that's hard as ? to accomplish
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this was pretty neat... S/O to my country cousins ...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    It was good, and if ATL music was nothing but what was shown, it would be tight. However, for every Outkast from ATL, there's a Ying Yang Twins.

Still, the time when Dungeon Family was big was some good times for Southern Hip Hop in general.

Is it just me or is T.I. a real clown? Respect where it's due. He's a tight rapper, but every time he talks, I have to shake my head. Why does this dude always act like nobody was rapping about drugs before he came out? I guess you can say he popularized Trap Music. But his music was never controversial and he wasn't the first person in Hip Hop or even ATL to rap from the standpoint of being a drug dealer. He always says that ? . I have yet to see one interview from him where he doesn't spend half of it giggling like a school girl.
  • aneed123
    Options
    It was good, and if ATL music was nothing but what was shown, it would be tight. However, for every Outkast from ATL, there's a Ying Yang Twins.

Still, the time when Dungeon Family was big was some good times for Southern Hip Hop in general.

Is it just me or is T.I. a real clown? Respect where it's due. He's a tight rapper, but every time he talks, I have to shake my head. Why does this dude always act like nobody was rapping about drugs before he came out? I guess you can say he popularized Trap Music. But his music was never controversial and he wasn't the first person in Hip Hop or even ATL to rap from the standpoint of being a drug dealer. He always says that ? . I have yet to see one interview from him where he doesn't spend half of it giggling like a school girl.

I agree with u on TI at times he comes off as forced/trying to hard to prove he hard. I ? with his 1st 3 cds tho. Ying Yang Twins served their purpose which was music for hoes in the club. u saying them was a bad example. Also At is and always has been a party city. the strip club scene and party scene will always have ying yang twins types and it isnt a bad thing. I think folk were mad cuz they blew up.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options

I agree with u on TI at times he comes off as forced/trying to hard to prove he hard. I ? with his 1st 3 cds tho. Ying Yang Twins served their purpose which was music for hoes in the club. u saying them was a bad example. Also At is and always has been a party city. the strip club scene and party scene will always have ying yang twins types and it isnt a bad thing. I think folk were mad cuz they blew up.

Exactly. People liked their music. They had success. Haters felt some typa way. I saw Future and Young thug mentioned here. Every time they have another hit Its like a knife in a hater's heart. Same with all the rappers who have hits who get hated on here. But haters can hate on the sideline gettin nowhere. Thats on them. (the stupid) People who aint together and on hate on those that are on. Thats in everyday life too. The show kinda explained it, Atlanta dont got time to hate and aint gon be stopped by no hatin. Its business so while nobodies on forums hatin on them, they laugh all the way to the bank. Its actually funny when you ridin doin your thing and somebody try to down you while they aint doin nothin. Its clear who the winners and losers are here. In the real world tho its based more on what people do like they listen to and support that. Music is a positive thing some just wanna bring they negative energy to it. it dont work.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ying Yang Twins were just ignorant as ? . If they make party music, that's cool. I think Lil Jon was always unfairly criticized by people who tried to make his music something it wasn't, so it's not that they were making club music that was bad. It's the way they carried themselves.
  • aneed123
    Options

Ying Yang Twins were just ignorant as ? . If they make party music, that's cool. I think Lil Jon was always unfairly criticized by people who tried to make his music something it wasn't, so it's not that they were making club music that was bad. It's the way they carried themselves.

come on dog they was slow lol. and with that said they hood and hood ? is ignant lol
  • aneed123
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »

Ghetto Mafia kinda fell off when they beefed w/ Outkast

Straight from the dec was my ?

Yeah Drama caught some crazy charge

that big boi verse bout circles round ? was a shot at them. What was they beefing for? I done forgot. Im up late listening to straight from the dec now
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options

I agree with u on TI at times he comes off as forced/trying to hard to prove he hard. I ? with his 1st 3 cds tho.
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y'all bout to get banned or your post flagged to death once a certain mod see's this.

Thank ? somebody spoke on this besides me. When T.I get to talking I cringe. When that fool used to get gassed he had me rolling. He like that one cat that's always starting a fight and wait till people get in between them and start doing this.
    tumblr_m9ak3z2JFS1r3huu1.gif

If y'all ever seen T.I in person y'all would really ? up every time he get to talking crazy. I made a thread about him and that trap rapper ? he likes to claim. Trap rap was called D-boy rap before and mack 10 was the 1st to do it. The ? nick name was "the dope dealer". How easily people forget. And I heard the goddie mob and pastor troy say trap first. I don't know why da souwf let this lil ? get away so much. People stay clowning on lil bow wow but he act just like how t.i used to act.

But yeah, his 1st 3 CD's is nice, the rest went down hill. I thought all long time t.i fans agreed on this. Glad to see somebody from Georgia being real for a change. Aneed is a O.G so it makes sense.

• GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Just because you rapped about dope does not make you a trap rapper. Just because you rapped about hustling does not make you a hustle rapper. We already discussed all of this before. Ice T spoke on all types of hustles. Rakim claimed "I used to be a stickup kid now I think of all the devious things I did". Nas claimed he used to rob foreigners for there green cards, etc.

Mac-10 was hardly the first to rap about dope and he didn't have everybody running around making dope boy music. You dudes love promoting your preferred rappers and there is nothing wrong with that, but I have always wondered why you need to bring up other rappers instead of just making your statement.

I never heard T.I. say I was the first person ever rapping about dope. As far as controversy he brought a lot of it to the A in ways that rappers were not bringing it. The whole beef stuff with several rappers including playing a role in Flip being obsolete was something the A was not into. The closest thing to that was Pastor Troy with No Limit. Remember this documentary was from Atlanta's standpoint. Controversy, trap rap running the game when plenty had already tried, beef, all that he was a major part of that.