Magazine Uses White Model For "African" Queen Photo Because Real Africans Disgusts Them

Options

Comments

• qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I can do is laugh I mean damn they don't even want us in pics about us
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just crackas being crackas... I might not be shocked but that says alot
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White posters and web trolls...

Get in here right now and defend this... I dare you.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if they wanted a black model they should have simply hired one.

Why?
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »

Why?

Because doing otherwise will result in BlackFace, which is unquestionably racist. Far too many European artists / designers cling ever so dearly to the "Integrity of their Artistic Vision," all while expecting to dodge any and all accountability for how audiences will respond to their work, especially as it relates to social issues. It's absolute bullshyt, frankly.

Even if they simply wanted a Brown Woman with that young White girl's features, they could have found one. Plenty of the Brown Women that model high fashion have Eurocentric features anyway. But they didn't take the effort to contact one, and instead, what they did was Bronze a White Woman to look like a Brown Woman, which BlackFace.

Don't be White about this.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That white ? disgusts me with those elvish features, FUCKKK OUT OF HERE!!!
  • LUClEN
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »

Why?

Because doing otherwise will result in BlackFace, which is unquestionably racist. Far too many European artists / designers cling ever so dearly to the "Integrity of their Artistic Vision," all while expecting to dodge any and all accountability for how audiences will respond to their work, especially as it relates to social issues. It's absolute bullshyt, frankly.

Even if they simply wanted a brown Woman with that young White girl's features, they could have found one. Plenty of the brown women that model high fashion have Eurocentric features anyway. But they didn't take the effort to contact one, and instead, what they did was Bronze a White Woman to look like a Brown Woman, which BlackFace.

Unless I missed it the only reason you gave was because you want them to do it.
    That's not very convincing
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why?

Even if they simply wanted a brown Woman with that young White girl's features, they could have found one. Plenty of the brown women that model high fashion have Eurocentric features anyway. But they didn't take the effort to contact one, and instead, what they did was Bronze a White Woman to look like a Brown Woman, which BlackFace.

If one want something x, why would they get another something y, then change it to something else z. x =/=z
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Looks like these lying, confused militants are at it again.

Look at the ? features of most of the women posted in Ill Pics. Most are more characteristic of Europeans.
  • LUClEN
    Options

Why?

If one want something x, why would they get another something y, then change it to something else z. x =/=z

If they wanted x they would have gotten x. It was well within their capacity.
    They didn't want x, or not all of it, and so took qualities of x, added them to object y and created shoot z

Your phrasing seems to imply that they wanted a Black model, which is just not true, hence the offended viewers
  • LUClEN
    Options

Why?

Yeah, you missed it.

The decision not hire a Brown model to portray a Brown Woman, and to instead paint a White girl Brown, is socially, racially, and historically insensitive and downright racist. As I said, it's Blackface, which "artistic vision" doesn't shield one against. Both this decision and the point you're failing to make exist within a vacuum, not the real world.

You have no point. Just stop now.

So your feelings were hurt
    great argument
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options

Why?

If they wanted x they would have gotten x. It was well within their capacity.
    They didn't want x, or not all of it, and so took qualities of x, added them to object y and created shoot z

Your phrasing seems to imply that they wanted a Black model, which is just not true, hence the offended viewers
    If they would have came out and explain why they didnt want a brown model vs a white model and that it was for x reasoning then this would have been a non-issue. But they did no such thing given us the freedom of assuming.

Like I said if they would have said Afrikaan instead of African, non story.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Is trashboat white?
  • BEAM
    Options
    Is trashboat white?

Undoubtedly.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why?

Yeah, you missed it.

The decision not hire a Brown model to portray a Brown Woman, and to instead paint a White girl Brown, is socially, racially, and historically insensitive and downright racist. As I said, it's Blackface, which "artistic vision" doesn't shield one against. Both this decision and the point you're failing to make exist within a vacuum, not the real world.

great argument

You should def be a lawyer one day bruh. Lol
  • Masterfultech
    Masterfultech Members Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Is trashboat white?

Undoubtedly.

Trashboat is Dominican/Canadian (mulatto) I believe.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meroe wrote: »

Why?

Yeah, you missed it.

great argument

You should def be a lawyer one day bruh. Lol

He claims to argue on "lawgic" and he's racially mixed Canadian or some sort.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    great argument

As I said, you're attempting to make a point devoid of context, socially / racially sensitive context at that, which means you have no point; Nor do you have a soul, apparently. Hm..

You're only saying this hurt people's feelings
    ? offend people too so I guess they're not allowed to exist
    interracial marriage as well; that's wrong because it hurts peoples' feelings so let's forbid it

It's absurd to think hurt feelings can impede on fundamental freedoms
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • BEAM
    Options
    great argument

As I said, you're attempting to make a point devoid of context, socially / racially sensitive context at that, which means you have no point; Nor do you have a soul, apparently. Hm..

interracial marriage as well; that's wrong because it hurts peoples' feelings so let's forbid it

Comparing the freedoms of the Oppressed ( Homosexuals, for example ) to the freedoms of the Oppressors ( White Media ) is what's absurd. And I'm beginning to think that this discourse with you may be as well..

White, Canadian, Dominican, whatever.. You're coming off as racist.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    great argument

Comparing the freedoms of the Oppressed ( Homosexuals, for example ) to the freedoms of the Oppressors ( White Media ) is what's absurd. And I'm beginning to think that this discourse with you may be as well..

White, Canadian, Dominican, whatever.. You're coming off as racist.

Everyone is racist

and that's not absurd: part of the constitution is equality under the law
    if one group's rights are not voided when others are offended then neither is anybody else's
    legally speaking

Back on topic: you take issue with my initial comment and use an arbitrary measure to support criticism of the magazine's choices

Why should they have hired a black woman? Why are they not granted freedom of expression?

Is there anything other than people being offended that you can use to support the stance? Or is that as deep as the critique goes?

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As an experiment I'm gonna color the faces on some $100 bills brown and see if they're still accepted. Ol Benny Frank bout to get a Cali sunshine tan.