Black Students Walk Out Over Official’s Tweet: ‘Every White Girl’s Father Worst Nightmare’

Options

Comments

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    They have more nerve than the Clippers players.

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean it was a joke that black ppl most likely made up.

Ppl can't say anything that might seem offensive.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    WHAT A BUNCH of ? assess so a tweet got you in your feelings

Right, knowing damn well that ? is the truth too. It is ever white father's nightmare. ? just didn't want to go to school. lol
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was a retweet of an old funny joke.

There is a time to make a statement and all this move did was say "we soft"

If you let a black person pull that move dont get upset when the outside thinks its okay.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why should this offend anyone. Should the fact that it is the White Man's worst nightmare make it all that much better? lol
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    nighmare_tweet1-800x430.jpg

Students at Booker T. Washington High School in Norfolk, Virginia walked out of class on Monday to protest a school official’s Twitter message that referred to young black men as a “nightmare” for white fathers.

According to WVEC, the Twitter post was made in June by the school administrator, but students only recently noticed it.

The tweet was a reposting of a message from an account called @OrNahhTweets. It showed a photograph of seven white girls in prom-style dresses with seven African-American young men in tuxedos. The caption on the photo read, “every white girl’s father’s worst nightmare or not.”

Over a dozen African-American students walked out of classes with protest signs on Monday after they said that school officials and the school board refused to respond to their complaints.

“This was the only actual way we could get someone’s attention, was to walk outside. It shouldn’t have come to this, but [the administrator has] avoided all meetings and public speakings and emails, just avoided them all,” student Michael Lemelle told WVEC.

The students said that they didn’t want the school administrator fired, they just want officials to know how hurtful the tweet was.

“Me being a young African-American, I don’t think of myself as anyone’s worst nightmare,” Lemelle explained.

@ not??

If it turns out the tweeter is black should he then be fired?
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    An official school account, used for news and important info ......... ? should've kept the jokes on her personal social media account .... foh
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My alma mater Norfolk State is only 5 minutes away from there.

Some real said ? . SMH
  • b4rPnQrC32H4cT
    b4rPnQrC32H4cT Members Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    Options

The students said that they didn’t want the school administrator fired, they just want officials to know how hurtful the tweet was.

“Me being a young African-American, I don’t think of myself as anyone’s worst nightmare,” Lemelle explained.

What a naive well-meaning soft bellied fgt.

• blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarcSkies wrote: »
    1. Did HE say it or did he simply repost it because he thought it was funny (i didnt read so...i dunno).

2. You protested by not learning that day? OH ...OK. In fairness they aint teaching these little muthafukkas ? any damn way...

3. There are bigger issues to worry about than a damn tweet

4. They need to come to grips with that fact that most whites feel like that. Period.

5. Thinking they give a ? you're upset is a mistake.
    What kind of ? coonery is this?
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I mean it was a joke that black ppl most likely made up.

Ppl can't say anything that might seem offensive.

its clearly a bigger deal because of the position of the person who retweeted it.

booker t is a majority black school, so for the assistant principal to retweet it....eh, it says a little more than if lets say the janitor retweeted it.

shout out to norfolk.

yea idgaf about this story but if they're any outrages to be had its of the position of the person and they being so comfortable.

Students at Booker T. Washington High School in Norfolk, Virginia walked out of class on Monday to protest a school official’s Twitter message that referred to young black men as a “nightmare” for white fathers.

According to WVEC, the Twitter post was made in June by the school administrator, but students only recently noticed it.

The tweet was a reposting of a message from an account called @OrNahhTweets. It showed a photograph of seven white girls in prom-style dresses with seven African-American young men in tuxedos. The caption on the photo read, “every white girl’s father’s worst nightmare or not.”

Over a dozen African-American students walked out of classes with protest signs on Monday after they said that school officials and the school board refused to respond to their complaints.

“This was the only actual way we could get someone’s attention, was to walk outside. It shouldn’t have come to this, but [the administrator has] avoided all meetings and public speakings and emails, just avoided them all,” student Michael Lemelle told WVEC.

@ not??

this is the assistant principal

amy-strickland-300x300.jpg

and i dont think she should be fired. it was a joke that she shouldnt of said given her position and where she works. she should receive some sort of punishment, but firing would be taking it too far.

yep....one of them hoes who take ? ? and thinks she can joke like that. as penance she should give the students some.....only the ones that are her fathers worst nightmare though.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lord Ether wrote: »
    So what its the truth. Its a hard pill to swallow. Unfortunately a lot of young black people don't know how the world really is. A young black male is a lot of white peoples worst nightmare.
    Gtfoh. There are ppl from EVERY race they
    don't want dating their daughters. Did you type this before or after you put the blackface on?
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    An official school account, used for news and important info ......... ? should've kept the jokes on her personal social media account .... foh

exactly... giver her the boot... if your the assistant pronciple using an official account to send this ? .. naw im not with yall get her out of there.
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    So what its the truth. Its a hard pill to swallow. Unfortunately a lot of young black people don't know how the world really is. A young black male is a lot of white peoples worst nightmare.
    don't want dating their daughters. Did you type this before or after you put the blackface on?
    No you can GTFOH with that that everybody mentality. If you know anything about institutional racism, the main reason for animosity towards the black male is because of our genetics. The dark gene is dominant and they understand that if black men impregnates their women that would be the end of them, so subconsciously a black man getting with one of their daughters would be considered a threat. If you want to know more about this read The Isis Papers by Dr. Frances Cress Welsing.
  • stackmaster 313
    stackmaster 313 Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    why did all the black dudes have white dates tho ? No Beezy.
    Ghetto-Prom-2012.jpg
    zph59qx.jpg

• Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? just wanted an excuse to walk out of class...
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ not??

this is the assistant principal

amy-strickland-300x300.jpg

and i dont think she should be fired. it was a joke that she shouldnt of said given her position and where she works. she should receive some sort of punishment, but firing would be taking it too far.

She got that predator look. I bet she's "victimizes" her male students. Especially the black ones.
  • Fly society513
    Fly society513 Members Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw this pic over the summer but the caption was "what happens when you build a Starbucks beside a basketball court"
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not one fat white girl, that's a big step in race relations.
    Loki-Smiles-Thumbs-Up-Gif.gif
  • usmarin3
    Options
    There is something wrong with black America.

I will never understand how a people who lost their origin, tribe, language, culture, and religion; who are to this very day oppressed everywhere on this globe from New York to Brazil, to Dubai, no matter how destructive the powers maybe blacks continue to want to marry and date their oppressors. You are killed in the streets by this white supremacist system, where only then do you see color; yet otherwise you claim not to see color. There is something innately wrong with black America.

No one wants to speak on it, but non-blacks know.

No every white person is racist and not every black person has your best interest at heart. Why is judging people by who they are so a hard concept for you peanut brain ? .
  • usmarin3
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

I will never understand how a people who lost their origin, tribe, language, culture, and religion; who are to this very day oppressed everywhere on this globe from New York to Brazil, to Dubai, no matter how destructive the powers maybe blacks continue to want to marry and date their oppressors. You are killed in the streets by this white supremacist system, where only then do you see color; yet otherwise you claim not to see color. There is something innately wrong with black America.

No every white person is racist and not every black person has your best interest at heart. Why is judging people by who they are so a hard concept for you peanut brain ? .

etb68x.jpg

I can tell you've never been anywhere or never seen ? , much like Stevie Wonder. The world is so much bigger than your small minded ? .
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I guess everybody missed this newbie's post....he/she got a point ya know???
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options

russell-westbrook.jpg

I'm sorry, but who the ? are you?
    "Non-blacks know?" Know what, exactly?

Non-Blacks don't "know" ? about Black people, and don't get to speak on Black experiences, because it's not something they've ever actually experienced, only seen, and are literally in no position to understand. Frankly, most other groups are more privileged than Black people, and that's certainly not due to their own effort / credit. Whatver race you are, your people don't have ? figured out; White people simply haven't spent Consecutive Generations and Trillions of Dollars on systematically making sure you remain as low on the totem pole as possible.

"Something innately wrong with Black America?" GTFOH.

For ? 's sake, where's
    @DarcSkies‌ and @SixSickSins‌ when you actually need them?