Ja Rule: "I've never been beat up, stabbed up, shot up...He's the real victim"

Options

Comments

• SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah ja couldn't stay silent
    He had to respond, he did align with nas, esp when nas was going on radio dissing everyone, I believe this was during the summerjam that nas was going to hang a fake jay z, which was a few months before get rich came out
    Irv and ja had already been talking about fifty order or protection
    They should have had ether part 2 with nas
    The new York song with jada and joe shoulda came earlier
    And they shoulda kept going hard at fifty
    Perhaps even making a rrap video where a fake fifty gets jumped and stabbed in the studio
    They even could have done a video kinda like that video where dre and snoop were dissing easy e and luke, in fact that shoulda just remade that track and put it out quick on some mixtape while they dissed dre, em, and fifty
    They didn't even have to win, but just by staying on their necks they'd have lessened the blow
    Shoulda just stayed active abd kept putting out music abd acting unfazed sorta like how ross responded to fifty
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shoulda just stayed active abd kept putting out music abd acting unfazed sorta like how ross responded to fifty

At the bolded.. exactly

Ross handled his ? with 50 professionally. He let the music do the 'talking' and he came out tops.. .
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    Oh and last thing, just on some 48 laws of power ?
    They should have aligned with suge and deathrow and anyone who hated em and dre, even insane clown posse if they had too, maybe even Royce at that time since he was being with d12 abd they go hard at aftermath, even using tupac snippets of calling dre a ?
    And as for fifty, play up the fact that he had to go to cali to get on and he don't rep ny
    Not necessarily a west coast east coast beef, but really putting it out there that fifty left ny
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    He gonna be eighty years old still talking about, " he the real wanksta I ain't a wanksta im a gangsta"

Clown #1: interviewers ask him questions then he answers

Over 10 years later and he still never learned the greatest lesson of all: Silence is golden. I remember KRS-One said that of MC Shan: "If he never would've responded, I wouldn't be sitting here today."

50's Interscope machine would've had him do numbers, but Ja feeding into the ? just gave 50 extra life. He needs to just treat questions on that subject like they never happened.

Clown #2: You're delusional and changing history. ? was ? on Ja for not saying anything (for an entire year) when the beef popped off...Had ? crowning Fif as the ? thug for supposedly having Ja too shook to respond

I cant believe yall still riding ? 10 years later. Hop off 50 nuts and be objective

Calm your ? .

Point still remains: he responded when he didn't have to say ? . Kings don't respond to peasants. Ja was clearing damn near $30 million at his height. 50 was bragging about a million dollar advance, a spinning chain, and Rolex advance.

Norah Jones did better than 50 Cent numbers, and no one in pop culture probably even remembers who she is.

Point is, Ja Rule was YEARS into a CAREER. 50 could've been a flash in the pan and gone tomorrow. Why risk all you built to respond to a ? beneath you? A year later. 10 years later. Whatever. Shut the ? up and go on home to count the money.

You must not remember the climate back then. 50 was all over the internet. He was releasing a Ja Rule diss every other week. It was more than just I Smell ? and Backdown. There were dozens of disses. Everybody was talking about the 50/Ja beef and when Eminem signed 50, his publicity skyrocketed.

Ja Rule might have been able to ignore 50 Cent up until the time Eminem signed him. But after Em signed him and he started getting marketing and promotion, Ja didn't have a choice, he had to respond.

We live in an era of the 24/7 news cycle. We forget outrageous crimes two weeks later. Sean Bell, Oscar Grant, and countless others shot by police and it's everywhere for a few months then nothing.

You mean to tell me 50's immune? A few people would've still talked about the beef, but eventually 50 would've gotten exposed sooner had Ja not responded. Fans would've been, "Damn... ? talking about the same ? ! Let it go, bruh! All he do is stay beefing and talking about being shot and blah, blah, blah!"

Eminem co-sign or not, 50 fell off the minute people quit responding to his beef bait. That's the bad part: if Ja had patience, played big dog, and checked the little man complex, I think 50 would've had a Kendrick-level wave of success.

The Eminem co-sign is what made the ? 50 was throwing at Ja even more high profile though. The popularity of Eminem was such that 50 sold 10 million and even Obie Trice sold 1 million records just from being on Shady Records alone. Once 50 signed to Eminem and Eminem jumped in the beef too, add on DMX going at Ja at the same time and you had literally 3 of the biggest rappers in the game at the time all ? on one rapper. Not responding didn't do anything so at that point, simply as an MC Ja had no choice but to fire back finally. It's funny people in here now saying Ja shouldn't have responded yet ya'll ? on rappers now daily for not responding to disses and attempts at others to beef with them

Cosign
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    And have those super long videos they used to make that was like a movie, and show a gorilla eating a banana a car that gets shot up 9 times, even make it so it looks like another gorilla (banks) set it up....then have the gorilla crying like a ?

Make a fake "in da club" video with no one dancing and fake fifty getting jumped abd stabbed and his gunit piece taken, then he run to the cops

? like that, again he may not have won, but it woulda been funny and taken some shine offa fifty and made ja look better
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

At the bolded.. exactly

Ross handled his ? with 50 professionally. He let the music do the 'talking' and he came out tops.. .

Ross played it right but 50 tried to fight a losing battle and with the wrong strategy. 50 ship was already sinking, Ross star was climbing. 50 thought he could attack Ross character and credability as far as his life before rap and fans would fall in line and stop ? with Ross because he a fraud.

What 50 failed to realize is that fans been stopped caring if a rapper lived or was really about what they rap about so they didn't care. Which led to all that ? 50 was doing to and saying about Ross not even being given a ? about.
    With Ross music being way better than 50's at the time 50 didn't stand a chance of winning that battle. Cause like you said Ross let his music talk and 50 couldn't compete at the time.

People looked at most 50 beefs as personal so he got away with a lot ? that had nothing to do with music. With Ross nobody felt that ? was personal so all either could stand on was their music and Ross had better music at the time so he won.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

At the bolded.. exactly

Ross played it right but 50 tried to fight a losing battle and with the wrong strategy. 50 ship was already sinking, Ross star was climbing. 50 thought he could attack Ross character and credability as far as his life before rap and fans would fall in line and stop ? with Ross because he a fraud.

What 50 failed to realize is that fans been stopped caring if a rapper lived or was really about what they rap about so they didn't care. Which led to all that ? 50 was doing to and saying about Ross not even being given a ? about.
    With Ross music being way better than 50's at the time 50 didn't stand a chance of winning that battle. Cause like you said Ross let his music talk and 50 couldn't compete at the time.

People looked at most 50 beefs as personal so he got away with a lot ? that had nothing to do with music. With Ross nobody felt that ? was personal so all either could stand on was their music and Ross had better music at the time so he won.

Cosign

It all comes down to the quality of the music. You can diss me, my moms and my whole crew but at the end of the day if all of your songs are the same it gets boring. At his peak, 50 made good songs with catchy choruses and hooks and his flow was above average. But any student of the game will tell you that catchy hooks and an above average flow will only last for one or two albums. If you want longevity you have to be creative and keep reinventing yourself which 50 didn't do. Neither did Ja Rule and that's why neither one of them is still around.

At the end of the day 50 slightly outsold Ja Rule and they both had a 3-4 year reign.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I didn
    He had to respond, he did align with nas, esp when nas was going on radio dissing everyone, I believe this was during the summerjam that nas was going to hang a fake jay z, which was a few months before get rich came out
    Perhaps even making a rrap video where a fake fifty gets jumped and stabbed in the studio
    They even could have done a video kinda like that video where dre and snoop were dissing easy e and luke, in fact that shoulda just remade that track and put it out quick on some mixtape while they dissed dre, em, and fifty
    They didn't even have to win, but just by staying on their necks they'd have lessened the blow

^^^^ This is how you properly handle rap beef.

I bet you anything Irv was the reason Ja didn't respond earlier
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    ? all that. Backdown shiits all over loose change. All of a sudden loose change is some legendary diss record.

When Loose Change dropped that end line about Eminem's daughter, mom, and ex wife caught a big reaction and it actually has been debated how well Loose Change holds up against 50's disses many times. This aint a new topic

No it did not. A lot of you ? trying to rewrite history. It like u got hip to the beef when the smoke cleared.

At that time nobody cares about the loose change diss because the fans already had it in their minds that they wasn't gonna like anything Ja did. D12 disses to ja was getting more play than loose change. Do Rae me. That was a hot line that ja said but the more u speak on loose change just shows that u weren't around during that era
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The line was good but had nuthin on the entertainment em in 50's camp was making

50 haters over rate that line and what it did.which wasn't much
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Smell ? wasnt even a full diss. Just the opening lines.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @ this point I am at a loss for what is worse Ja Rules Life/Career/Beef/Musicals Direction decisions or his haters either way it all bad Ja and 50 tied together Like Biggie and Pac but on a even more petty basis. It is funny tho for Bad or Good both Pac and 50 can be mentioned or discussed about their whole body of accomplishments without mention of Biggie or Ja but the same can not be said for Ja and Biggie...
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ this point I am at a loss for what is worse Ja Rules Life/Career/Beef/Musicals Direction decisions or his haters either way it all bad Ja and 50 tied together Like Biggie and Pac but on a even more petty basis. It is funny tho for Bad or Good both Pac and 50 can be mentioned or discussed about their whole body of accomplishments without mention of Biggie or Ja but the same can not be said for Ja and Biggie...

It's a shame lol I can't think of Ja without thinking of 50. Ja doesn't come to mind when 50 is brought up

Same with if you think of Flip, T.I. comes to mind.

Thats how you determine who left with the W
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options

Biggie cant be discussed without the mention of pac? Dude, biggie has classic songs and 2 classic albums, how can he not be mentioned without pac? i dont agree with that. ja rule sure but biggie has his own accomplishments
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

At the bolded.. exactly

Rick Ross was completely disrespectful towards 50 cent calling him a swaggerless monkey lol
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    venni vetti vecci>>>>>>>>>

• smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ja did have Death Row connects but no one over there was a star anymore. He also tried to Pac-up by doing some 50 disses with members of the Outlaws.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options

It's a shame lol I can't think of Ja without thinking of 50. Ja doesn't come to mind when 50 is brought up

Personally that is not how I determine the win at this point they both lost from the beef hell same can be said for both beefs. But on a societal Pop Culture Basis the East won the east west Beef and 50 won against Ja. I can say that both those wins set up a cascade of events that was bad for HipHop but that is a whole different thread and again we the culture as a whole all ultimately lost...

Biggie cant be discussed without the mention of pac? Dude, biggie has classic songs and 2 classic albums, how can he not be mentioned without pac? i dont agree with that. ja rule sure but biggie has his own accomplishments
    Do not play dumb Ja has as many commercial successes as Biggie and did some acting but they both still cannot be brought up with out talk about their Beef which ultimately overshadowed their Public fame acquired by talent. On a perception basis your acceptance or agreement with that does not change the way pop culture and society overall perceive see it. Sadly on that same note the facts in the beefs have never mattered to most they chose sides and rode for good or bad with whatever was said by those on their side in the media, both Beefs show what having a good team in the machine can do for you and both sold the culture out trying to make Hip Hop just another homogenized aspect of Pop culture...
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    edited November 2014
    Options

Personally that is not how I determine the win at this point they both lost from the beef hell same can be said for both beefs. But on a societal Pop Culture Basis the East won the east west Beef and 50 won against Ja. I can say that both those wins set up a cascade of events that was bad for HipHop but that is a whole different thread and again we the culture as a whole all ultimately lost...

Do not play dumb Ja has as many commercial successes as Biggie and did some acting but they both still cannot be brought up with out talk about their Beef which ultimately overshadowed their Public fame acquired by talent. On a perception basis your acceptance or agreement with that does not change the way pop culture and society overall perceive see it. Sadly on that same note the facts in the beefs have never mattered to most they chose sides and rode for good or bad with whatever was said by those on their side in the media, both Beefs show what having a good team in the machine can do for you and both sold the culture out trying to make Hip Hop just another homogenized aspect of Pop culture...

you tell me dont play dumb but you are. im not denying ja rules commerical success but its not biggies. Please tell me whats ja rules, juicy, big poppa, who shot ya, hypnotize, mo money for problems? dude has 2 huge classic thats still being played to this day and one of the most sampled artist in hip hop history but he cant be brought up without pac? who the hell you having biggie conversations with? you acting like this is canibus after his battle with LL. you sound stupid ? but then again this is the reason
  • tjohunkin
    tjohunkin Members Posts: 170
    Options
    in reality Pac an not be brought up without mentioning the beef he had with BIG, Nas, Jay-Z, Mobb Deep, etc...
    Biggie's work speaks for itelf and he'll be remembered as a legendary MC.
    Pac will be remembered for getting killed first so he lost the beef.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    edited November 2014
    Options

you tell me dont play dumb but you are. im not denying ja rules commerical success but its not biggies. Please tell me whats ja rules, juicy, big poppa, who shot ya, hypnotize, mo money for problems? dude has 2 huge classic thats still being played to this day and one of the most sampled artist in hip hop history but he cant be brought up without pac? who the hell you having biggie conversations with? you acting like this is canibus after his battle with LL. you sound stupid ? but then again this is the reason

I see how you kats get homotional over subjects like this and just tend to rant past what was actually said. So if you do not feel the same way as most of the Sheeples in Society then more power to you but as I said your feelings, the facts and basic common sense do not change this cultural ideology. Responses to putting it out there though definitely tells about the individual taking offense over the sad truths...
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options

I see how you kats get homotional over subjects like this and just tend to rant past what was actually said. So if you do not feel the same way as most of the Sheeples in Society then more power to you but as I said your feelings, the facts and basic common sense do not change this cultural ideology. Responses to putting it out there though definitely tells about the individual taking offense over the sad truths...

smh I hate when ? try their hardest to be smart, aight ? you got it
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    ? all that. Backdown shiits all over loose change. All of a sudden loose change is some legendary diss record.

When Loose Change dropped that end line about Eminem's daughter, mom, and ex wife caught a big reaction and it actually has been debated how well Loose Change holds up against 50's disses many times. This aint a new topic

No it did not. A lot of you ? trying to rewrite history. It like u got hip to the beef when the smoke cleared.

At that time nobody cares about the loose change diss because the fans already had it in their minds that they wasn't gonna like anything Ja did. D12 disses to ja was getting more play than loose change. Do Rae me. That was a hot line that ja said but the more u speak on loose change just shows that u weren't around during that era

I'm 29 I think I know whether or not I was around during that time just 12 years ago. Nobody is trying to rewrite history and say Ja won. Just that Loose Change wasn't something glossed over and saw Ja swing back when people pretty much expected nothing from him . It did get a reaction. Not as big as anything 50 did but its not like the diss was some fly by night thing that was forgotten the next day
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I didn

Ja said in one of the 1st interviews he did after getting out of prison that part of his attitude and eventual downfall was because Irv had nothing but yes men around him and kept negative criticism away. So all the while Ja is thinking everybody is loving his style Irv is trying to keep beefs away from him. He said he really ain't know how bad ? was til he was already in the thick of it
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    I didn

Ja said in one of the 1st interviews he did after getting out of prison that part of his attitude and eventual downfall was because Irv had nothing but yes men around him and kept negative criticism away. So all the while Ja is thinking everybody is loving his style Irv is trying to keep beefs away from him. He said he really ain't know how bad ? was til he was already in the thick of it

I don't care what ja says he was lying