X-Men: Apocalypse To Take Place In 1983 (Characters Revealed)

Options

Comments

• BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That doesn't make sense because how do they have Nate Grey without Scott and Jean?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    So I'm guessing all these xmen movies will take place in the past for now on
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I'm guessing all these xmen movies will take place in the past for now on

probably the next couple, but then they'll get to current time. im assuming anyway.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That doesn't make sense because how do they have Nate Grey without Scott and Jean?

Fox and Bryan Singer ? the X-Men characters and storyline up bad. They don't follow the comics at all in the previous movies this will be no differen
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

Fox and Bryan Singer ? the X-Men characters and storyline up bad. They don't follow the comics at all in the previous movies this will be no differen

No, Brett Ratner ? ? up

Fox and Singer had revitalize this franchise, which something Sony can't do with Spiderman. First Class and DOFP have both been commercial and critical success.

Nobody gives a ? about stay true to the comic book. When are comic book nerds going to realize this
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

No, Brett Ratner ? ? up

Fox and Singer had revitalize this franchise, which something Sony can't do with Spiderman. First Class and DOFP have both been commercial and critical success.

Nobody gives a ? about stay true to the comic book. When are comic book nerds going to realize this

I liked first class and DOFP. First Class was a fun movie and besides Scott and Havoc being different ages the others were pretty good especially Magneto and Prof X. Xmen 1 and 2 are pretty boring in comparison in my opinion and focused waay to much on Logan. No idea where spiderman came from though didn't say a damn thing about that one.
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    if Cable is in it he'll probably have a small role like Bishop did in DOFP even though Cable really should be the star of the movie

Cable was in DOFP, he had a cameo at the very beginning but he was a little kid. He had white hair and the eye tattoo on his face. He was shown like 5 minutes into the movie LOLOLOLOL. It was during the scene where they had the mutants walking in line into what looked like concentration camps. They stop and zoom in on him for a good 10 seconds. Can't believe most people didn't peep that.

That??
    was cable??
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    B7_62ojCcAE9BX0.jpg

WTF is wrong with Fox?
  • TRILLip Brooks
    Options
    ? with it

giphy.gif

Another dope one on the way in 2016
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Jean is a perfect match imo
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Storm choice is weak as water.

Personally I always imagined Storm looking East African in real life, like a young Iman or something.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its hard to judge how a character will be by only looking at pictures, as opposed to MOVIES. And even then, until you see them in the role, you don't know how good they are at it.

Who knew heath ledger would be the perfect joker.

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Why can they look for a kenyan actress to play storm , say i dont know Lupita N'yongo

They cast a non-Kenyan lightskin chick because it's supposed to be a younger version of Halle Berry's Storm. Also most of this movie's audience doesn't feel that black is beautiful. As liberal as Hollywood fronts like it is in actuality it's ran by some of the most ass backwards conservative thinkers in the country today.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    Options
    Lupita N'yongo is going to grow up to be Halle Barry?

? halle berry

literally and figurativey

It's already been established that Halle Barry isn't a good Storm but it is what it is.

The reason cast who they did is because it's supposed to be a young version of Halle Barry.

Of course the actor would be light skin and or Mix looking

If they Had rebooted for real, for real, than Lupita would have been perfect
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Storm choice is weak as water.

Personally I always imagined Storm looking East African in real life, like a young Iman or something.

Ororo, is a first generation American of East African descent, Kenyan to be exact. That's why ? wanted Lupita Nyong'o for the role. Yeah, she's a little short to be Storm and she doesn't have her voluptuous build, but I'll sacrifice that to have an actual Kenyan in the role, who speaks English with a Kenyan accent, (or can) and she can bring all of those nuisances to the role that only a natural born Kenyan can, but hey it's another Bryan Singer cluster ? in the making so ? it. Again, I plead to Fox, "Let my mutants go."
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Why can they look for a kenyan actress to play storm , say i dont know Lupita N'yongo

They cast a non-Kenyan lightskin chick because it's supposed to be a younger version of Halle Berry's Storm. Also most of this movie's audience doesn't feel that black is beautiful. As liberal as Hollywood fronts like it is in actuality it's ran by some of the most ass backwards conservative thinkers in the country today.

Only if you mean in the marketing sense of the word.

Major motion pictures are business so the execs are, as we all well know, conservative financially.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao @ that cyclcops