Pharrell Williams: Why Aren’t We Talking About Michael Brown’s ‘Bullyish’ Behavior?

Options

Comments

• Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gorilla wrote: »
    Excerpt:

Meanwhile, Roberts said he and other officers drove to the address associated with the Pathfinder after he stopped the pursuit. A neighbor told him the couple living at the home were in the middle of a divorce. The neighbor said the husband was renting a home in the 4600 block of 120th Boulevard.

Miller chased Coppola on foot and used his stun gun. Coppola dropped to the ground, face down.

Miller said Coppola had a military-issued cartridge belt with a pistol holster and a bayonet and held a Colt 1911 semiautomatic .45-caliber pistol in his right hand.

Miller said he activated his stun gun again and ordered Coppola to drop his pistol.

He said Coppola hid his hands under his chest, refusing to surrender them so officers could place them in handcuffs.

Miller said Coppola refused multiple orders to surrender his hands.

More officers arrived at the scene and beat Coppola to gain compliance: Officer Roy Gober reported he punched Coppola in the head. Officer Corey Nunley said he struck Coppola’s legs with his baton. Roberts said he punched Coppola in the upper right back.

Officers were concerned Coppola may have had more weapons.

Coppola eventually ceased resisting and officers placed him in handcuffs.

He was taken to University Medical Center for treatment and was released pending the filing of formal charges.

full article can be found here http://lubbockonline.com/crime-and-courts/crime/2014-09-11/texas-tech-professor-armed-gun-bayonet-during-police-chase-warrant

So this dude led police on a high speed chase, got out and ran with a ? bayonet in his hand and a .45 on him, hid his hands, refused to surrender them, and continued to resist arrest, the officers were concerned he had more weapons YET they still saw no reason to shoot him while black men are being portrayed as ? Marvel villians and being shot out of "fear".

Let's talk about the obvious difference in which police routinely handle armed white criminals vs unarmed black ones, knee-pad P
    Talk about it.....
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man Darren Wilson is a 6'4 210 pound trained police officer ... He's had over 2 months of coaching to come up with this rehearsed, ? story.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    99% of these entertainers need to ?
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow, another Black celebrity playing it safe. Surprising.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i havent seen the video but the store owner himself supposedly says thats not Mike
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see only 3 people in this thread actually read the entire article, typical.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gorilla wrote: »
    Excerpt:

Meanwhile, Roberts said he and other officers drove to the address associated with the Pathfinder after he stopped the pursuit. A neighbor told him the couple living at the home were in the middle of a divorce. The neighbor said the husband was renting a home in the 4600 block of 120th Boulevard.

Miller chased Coppola on foot and used his stun gun. Coppola dropped to the ground, face down.

Miller said Coppola had a military-issued cartridge belt with a pistol holster and a bayonet and held a Colt 1911 semiautomatic .45-caliber pistol in his right hand.

Miller said he activated his stun gun again and ordered Coppola to drop his pistol.

He said Coppola hid his hands under his chest, refusing to surrender them so officers could place them in handcuffs.

Miller said Coppola refused multiple orders to surrender his hands.

More officers arrived at the scene and beat Coppola to gain compliance: Officer Roy Gober reported he punched Coppola in the head. Officer Corey Nunley said he struck Coppola’s legs with his baton. Roberts said he punched Coppola in the upper right back.

Officers were concerned Coppola may have had more weapons.

Coppola eventually ceased resisting and officers placed him in handcuffs.

He was taken to University Medical Center for treatment and was released pending the filing of formal charges.

full article can be found here http://lubbockonline.com/crime-and-courts/crime/2014-09-11/texas-tech-professor-armed-gun-bayonet-during-police-chase-warrant

So this dude led police on a high speed chase, got out and ran with a ? bayonet in his hand and a .45 on him, hid his hands, refused to surrender them, and continued to resist arrest, the officers were concerned he had more weapons YET they still saw no reason to shoot him while black men are being portrayed as ? Marvel villians and being shot out of "fear".

Let's talk about the obvious difference in which police routinely handle armed white criminals vs unarmed black ones, knee-pad P

"I'm in fear of my life. Step out of the car. Put the gun down!"

"NOOO"

http://youtu.be/qoI4G1fWmEQ

• FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unless I'm reading it wrong

-Taking the pack of cigarettes from store clerk
    -Pharrell doesn't cosign Mike Brown getting killed fatality
    -Speaking about racial profile and the methods used in inner city (doesn't condemn)
    -Pushes for the officer to be charged and serve time
    -Not complying with a trigger happy officer will cause trouble, but you shouldn't lose your life, be maimed, and/or your lose dignity
    -Obama not addressing the situation at Freguson

Except for the bullying rebuttal, he's dead on with the rest.
  • tjohunkin
    tjohunkin Members Posts: 170
    Options
    1. Michael Brown is 18. That makes him a grown man and accountable for his actions
    2. actions include, robbing a store/resisting arrest/attacking an officer doing his job
    3. Karma is a ? . If he had not stolen cigars from the store,but paid for them, he wouldn't be looked at as a criminal by any logical human being.
    4. Dude was 6' 4" and almost 300 pounds. No one is checking to see the age of someone attacking them with that build
    Let the races be reversed and see how many blacks would uphold the officer then.
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C'mon, this is a grown black man that made "happy". What do you expect?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YES! ANOTHER BIG NAME CELEBRITY FOR THE MOVEMENT!

what about black on black crime?

sound like pharell has found his groove. now get on the line pharell and bust a move!
    "? train is comin'!"
    "? train is comin'!"
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    tumblr_ml26saFV2i1qfrkf9o2_250.gif
    Ja1.gif
    50cent_headshake.gif

HELP ME JA!
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? picnic at Pharrell's...let's fall back and see who else will attend
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    tjohunkin wrote: »
    1. Michael Brown is 18. That makes him a grown man and accountable for his actions
    2. actions include, robbing a store/resisting arrest/attacking an officer doing his job
    3. Karma is a ? . If he had not stolen cigars from the store,but paid for them, he wouldn't be looked at as a criminal by any logical human being.
    4. Dude was 6' 4" and almost 300 pounds. No one is checking to see the age of someone attacking them with that build
    Let the races be reversed and see how many blacks would uphold the officer then.

1.Michael Brown was 18. That made him a teenager, still restricted by his age to do certain things. "Grown' by no stretch of the word.
    2. He was never convicted of stealing cigars and never proven to have stolen cigars and never proven to have not paid for them in a court of law.
    3. Trayvon Martin had paid for his items before he died and was still labeled a thug by self-proclaimed logical human beings. Safe to say Michael Brown would have gotten the same treatment no matter what he had done in the store leading up to his shooting.
    4.Mike Brown was 6'4 almost 300 pounds. Darren Wilson was 6'4 218 pounds, trained in combat and armed with a firearm and a melee weapon. So yeah Darren Wilson DEFINITELY had the upper hand.

Got any more points you need ? on and shot down?

That poster is trolling in different threads on this topic. Don't bother, just flag it.
  • tjohunkin
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

1.Michael Brown was 18. That made him a teenager, still restricted by his age to do certain things. "Grown' by no stretch of the word.
    2. He was never convicted of stealing cigars and never proven to have stolen cigars and never proven to have not paid for them in a court of law.
    3. Trayvon Martin had paid for his items before he died and was still labeled a thug by self-proclaimed logical human beings. Safe to say Michael Brown would have gotten the same treatment no matter what he had done in the store leading up to his shooting.
    4.Mike Brown was 6'4 almost 300 pounds. Darren Wilson was 6'4 218 pounds, trained in combat and armed with a firearm and a melee weapon. So yeah Darren Wilson DEFINITELY had the upper hand.

Got any more points you need ? on and shot down?

1.18 is considered an adult in the USA
    point stands
    2, We all saw the video, doesn't matter if he went to court or not, wrong is wrong and lets not forget he attacked the officer
    point stands
    3. I look at Trayvon case the same i look at this one, my fellow blacks are making this about white people when its something we need to change.
    4. Mike still had a weight advantage and attacked him. Dude had a right to defend himself
    point stands
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? don't even read...just be posting ? for likes...smh
  • tjohunkin
    Options
    i'm just going to fall back from this discussion.
    every black person seems to disagree with me on the internet
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Most also disagree with you in real life and thank ? for that
  • b4rPnQrC32H4cT
    b4rPnQrC32H4cT Members Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    Options

The Jesse Lee Petersons & the Crystal Wrights would agree with you.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    isn't he the producer for the Clipse?

not anymore... see he trying to leave the best for later, but Pusha tried to put him on the respirator

he's trying to leave the old "grinding" pharrel behind but pusha is trying to pull him back to that which pharrel decided is the equivalent to being hooked up on his deathbed go figure