Pharrell Williams: Why Aren’t We Talking About Michael Brown’s ‘Bullyish’ Behavior?

Options

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Idk enough about this case to make an educated but some of yall are naive when it comes to cops and how they handle situations

It's been hard for me to get worked up about this the way I was when Oscar Grant/Trayvon were killed

Dude just robbed a store not stole from but robbed and refused to move out of the middle of the street...he was a ? ?

As for cops, it's easy for everybody to say shoot him in the legs or tase him

Cops have lost their lives trying to do exactly that...in that moment, they just reacting

Who knows who is telling the truth cause one party ain't here to tell his story

It's just weird to me that this is the case that got ? riled up, not one of the truly innocent kids who lost their lives but cause of this case

You're right, there are worse cases like the examples you gave

This is still a situation where there is reason to believe the cop acted unreasonably and used excessive force though
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Ghost313 wrote: »
    Idk enough about this case to make an educated but some of yall are naive when it comes to cops and how they handle situations

It's been hard for me to get worked up about this the way I was when Oscar Grant/Trayvon were killed

Dude just robbed a store not stole from but robbed and refused to move out of the middle of the street...he was a ? ?

As for cops, it's easy for everybody to say shoot him in the legs or tase him

Cops have lost their lives trying to do exactly that...in that moment, they just reacting

Who knows who is telling the truth cause one party ain't here to tell his story

It's just weird to me that this is the case that got ? riled up, not one of the truly innocent kids who lost their lives but cause of this case

There's 2 sides to the story, and then the truth. The "evidence" that is presented does not match the story that Wilson is telling. The biggest bruise Wilson had was on his trigger finger. The Grand jury was composed of 6 white men, 3 white women, 2 black women, and only 1 Black male. Again 1 Black male, think about that. If you choose to believe justice was served, you are a sheep whom goes along with what the media feeds. You said it yourself, you don't know much about the case. Please take a keen eye through the evidence and the story told, and use logic. The main premise of Wilson's reason to ? Brown was that he was so huge, and feared that he could not handle him -basically the same ? Zimmerman cowardly shot Trayvon for.

You are defending dude because he is a cop and risks his life. Those same cop complete training and are encouraged to NUETRALIZE the threat, not obliterate it. There are KNOWN killers who were in the act of Killing with weapon in hand whom have been detained without any lethal force, but you are trying to justify the killing of an unarmed dude. It is law that you nuetralize your threat, after nuetralizing the threat, you have a level playing field, anything more and you are now the aggressor.

If we are going to allow Officers to ? because the citizen was larger than him, and he was scared, then 70% of Black Males are in trouble. I would hate to have a moment where I lose my cool, and killed because the officer was intimidated by my size and got trigger happy

He did have a extreme size advantage
    6'4 to 6'6 is not an extreme size advantage

wait a minute, I thought both of them were 6'4?

the cop was 210 and Brown was 289

that's not a large enough difference to claim you were in fear enough to irrationally murder someone

80 lbs is huge

I dare you to go cage fight someone 80 lbs heavier than you
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So what is being black?
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    KLICHE wrote: »
    BoogaSuga wrote: »
    wish Pac was alive

Jokes aside, this guy Pac would've spoken with such ferocity and eloquence about so many things like this that have occurred since his passing that America would literally ? in their pants. There would've been no politically correct ? , just raw truths being shoved down their throats.

So he'd basically be Lord Jamar?

SLAP YOURSELF: http://youtu.be/0_8L1o7pe2k

Stop Dickriding that man. He wouldn't do ? , just like he didn't do ? when Malice Green was beaten to death, like when Rodney King was pummeled. Tupac ain't do a damn thing but ? think he supernigga and was going to make a difference. He was just a ? that was gonna make some songs and vlad TV interviews.

804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is being black?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    the same reason when Natalie Holloway dissapeared no one speaks about how much of a ? she was being that night because its not a justification for her being murdered

"nat-el-lie -hol-lo-way, that angel." ~patriece o'neal~
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? pharrell
    Ignorant ?
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In a way Pharrell is right, but said conversation needs to be had separately from ones being held about the Michael Brown case due to the outcome, that being the unjustified death of one of our youth.

But yes, bullying and aggression do need to be talked about; That's unarguable, honestly..
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok...but he had to ? him though?
  • vitoria
    vitoria Members Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    There are ? everywhere, famous NFL player justified the Mike Brown shooting just read some of the comments

https://facebook.com/BenjaminWatsonOfficial/posts/602172116576590

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    vitoria wrote: »
    There are ? everywhere, famous NFL player justified the Mike Brown shooting just read some of the comments

https://facebook.com/BenjaminWatsonOfficial/posts/602172116576590

From that article, that's what you got

"He's a ? "

I'm convinced most of yall are sheep
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    pharrell getting too much of that white folks money.and the bully was darren wilson not Mike Brown,cause Mike brown is dead
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    These celebrities are so ? out of touch with society its not even funny, there are plenty of ppl talking about MB bullyish behavior and it's mostly white folks who use that as a talking point to justify what Wilson did. Did these same people say when 911 happened, that's what we get for our bullyish behavior ? no. This country is a ? joke, ppl cant put aside their differences to see even beyond the race angle of this that the way we train our cops is beyond broken. Whether he was a thug(which is the new word for ? btw) or not doesn't mean you get killed for a pack of ? cigarillos. Even Obama missed that point.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at trained.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These celebrities are so ? out of touch with society its not even funny, there are plenty of ppl talking about MB bullyish behavior and it's mostly white folks who use that as a talking point to justify what Wilson did. Did these same people say when 911 happened, that's what we get for our bullyish behavior ? no. This country is a ? joke, ppl cant put aside their differences to see even beyond the race angle of this that the way we train our cops is beyond broken. Whether he was a thug(which is the new word for ? btw) or not doesn't mean you get killed for a pack of ? cigarillos. Even Obama missed that point.

9/11 attack was the US's fault classic case of blowback

And foh with the "extreme size difference" nonsense
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

9/11 attack was the US's fault classic case of blowback

And foh with the "extreme size difference" nonsense

I think you think your disagreeing with me when you're actually agreeing
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    wish Pac was alive

Jokes aside, this guy Pac would've spoken with such ferocity and eloquence about so many things like this that have occurred since his passing that America would literally ? in their pants. There would've been no politically correct ? , just raw truths being shoved down their throats.

Stop Dickriding that man. He wouldn't do ? , just like he didn't do ? when Malice Green was beaten to death, like when Rodney King was pummeled. Tupac ain't do a damn thing but ? think he supernigga and was going to make a difference. He was just a ? that was gonna make some songs and vlad TV interviews.

U got a bone to pick wit pac, pick it. Im not finna argue wat u tryna argue, cause u already switchin lanes. but u wanna equate a guy wit (contemporary) INTERNET steam to a man that the world knows and reveres. I know some of yall live on the internet, but still..... Theres no comparing someone who got ? in their honor like this out:

enhanced-buzz-11716-1370019417-15.jpg

To someone who aint launched past youtube

Real life > the internet

Got brothers in lagos on thug passion lmao. Step OUTSIDE and ask some who dj vlad is.....please tell me how that goes
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wish Pac was alive

2pac shot 2 off-duty cops when they were harassing a black man that he didn't even know. That...actually happened.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOL

Nigerian home movies.
  • jono
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    wish Pac was alive

2pac shot 2 off-duty cops when they were harassing a black man that he didn't even know. That...actually happened.

He so didn't know they were cops. Y'all ? need to stop canonizing that ? , he ain't never did ? for anyone, he talked a good game though.
    wish Pac was alive

U got a bone to pick wit pac, pick it. Im not finna argue wat u tryna argue, cause u already switchin lanes. but u wanna equate a guy wit (contemporary) INTERNET steam to a man that the world knows and reveres. I know some of yall live on the internet, but still..... Theres no comparing someone who got ? in their honor like this out:

Real life > the internet

Got brothers in lagos on thug passion lmao. Step OUTSIDE and ask some who dj vlad is.....please tell me how that goes

WTF is this? Lol GTFOH please. Name one thing Tupac ever did for black people anywhere.

? Jay-Z helping to bring water to Africa did more than Tupac. He ain't never did ? .
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U felt like getting somethin off ur chest abt pac n u did. Im not abt to play tgat game.

U equated lord jamar with pac. Pac is a world renowed figure .
    Lord jamar is hiphop website subforum fodder

U were wrong. Keep that extra ? at the rodeo cause i aint on it
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wish Pac was alive

He so didn't know they were cops. Y'all ? need to stop canonizing that ? , he ain't never did ? for anyone, he talked a good game though.
    wish Pac was alive

Real life > the internet

WTF is this? Lol GTFOH please. Name one thing Tupac ever did for black people anywhere.

? Jay-Z helping to bring water to Africa did more than Tupac. He ain't never did ? .

LOL

Those ? are rip-offs.

Maybe Tupac Shakur wasn't philanthropic in nature (who knows what he did in his private moments?) but he definitely wasn't afraid to speak his mind anywhere about the Black cause in America.. .
  • jono
    Options
    U felt like getting somethin off ur chest abt pac n u did. Im not abt to play tgat game.

U equated lord jamar with pac. Pac is a world renowed figure .
    Lord jamar is hiphop website subforum fodder

U were wrong. Keep that extra ? at the rodeo cause i aint on it

Tupac was a great rapper but that's it. He was a rapper not a civil rights leader and he talked as much about killing black folks as he did about uplifting them.

Again, stop canonizing that ? .
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    wish Pac was alive

wish Pac was alive

Real life > the internet

LOL

Those ? are rip-offs.

Maybe Tupac Shakur wasn't philanthropic in nature (who knows what he did in his private moments?) but he definitely wasn't afraid to speak his mind anywhere about the Black cause in America.. .

I guess, we have a lot of "speakers" though, no reason to think he was going to actually do anything