J. Cole's "Forest Hills drive"is projected to sell over 300,000 in its first week..

Options

Comments

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J. Cole has the 4th quarter clutch gene.

He didn't have no promo or singles. I'm proud of this dude. Hov needs to thank him. because nothing popped for ROC Nation this year prior to that. Hov deserves a Jsy-Z feature for a remix.
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    99% of rappers ain't a list except for a few, Jay, em, Drake,Wayne? Those are house hold names .

That's the point. Those are the Superstars, & Cole isn't one. I don't think it's relevant at all but that's the point CB was trying to make.
  • CantBanTheSoulMan
    CantBanTheSoulMan Members Posts: 272 ✭✭
    Options
    Cool. But Whenever an album is "projected" to sell a certain amount, I can't help but think "projected" really means "the label is gonna buy this amount to make the album look good."

• nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol that goes for every rapper then
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cool. But Whenever an album is "projected" to sell a certain amount, I can't help but think "projected" really means "the label is gonna buy this amount to make the album look good."

Nope. They project based on the stores reporting sales. If a label is gonna buy cds, why stop at 350k. Why not 10 million. Lol
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good album, but he's got it in him to make a great one.
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody is acting like he sold 300k already, the thread title says "projected" that means somebody has looked into their magic ball and predicted the future, jay will use his connections to boost sales if the ? flops.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The_Man wrote: »
    Everybody is acting like he sold 300k already, the thread title says "projected" that means somebody has looked into their magic ball and predicted the future, jay will use his connections to boost sales if the ? flops.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    CJ wrote: »
    Every time Cole releases a new album those old Cole hate threads get more & more hilarious.

? look like straight dummies in there.

? still look like ? in here... But u know....
    tumblr_mnlv0oHOp81rf5vsao1_400.gif
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's funny that the same posters that ride jays ? also ride coles, you people make me sick to my stomach.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Man wrote: »
    It's funny that the same posters that ride jays ? also ride coles, you people make me sick to my stomach.

? riding goes both ways dude. Not just stans.
  • Chasin Bundlez
    Chasin Bundlez Members Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MrWise wrote: »
    99% of rappers ain't a list except for a few, Jay, em, Drake,Wayne? Those are house hold names .

That's the point. Those are the Superstars, & Cole isn't one. I don't think it's relevant at all but that's the point CB was trying to make.

U get it...these ? crying cuz they fav rapper ain't a star/a list rapper lol, not like I said he was a trash rapper Or anything, simply stated the facts ain't these ? took off they heels and earrings and went to war for they boo's star credibility, faggotry at its finest, ...anyway, just to put things in perspective, Cole is so lame, so average, so not a superstar, that he's literally, literally, the only lightskin ? in the game that couldn't/hasn't ? Rihanna lmao...that's when U know u haven't made it and are still a C List rapper....word.

We know the big dogs so I won't even mention them, but....Ross, Rocky, Sean, Wiz, 2 Chainz, and Future are all bigger stars than Cole...U can't agree with that ur either in denial or have a crush on this ? ...facto.
  • Chasin Bundlez
    Options
    I want these same ? in here that's putting so much emphasis on this ? first week sales to be in the next Nas thread that drops lmao...most Cole fans are Nas fans, watch em all be in the thread crying bout how much sales don't matter and that only ? and HS kids use sales as a way to gauge an album...this thread proved ? do care and that they ain't go outside for like a week after Nas flopped, was in deep depression....sad.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont give a ? about the sales. Its a good album

Slept on post..
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Can't cosign 2chainz or future when they struggled to even have ? listen to their new ? .
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J cole has a loyal fanbase
  • Chasin Bundlez
    Options
    Sales don't effect the music, but its cool to see an artist put up big numbers first week without any promo or a single. Not really sure how you can do that without at least being a B list celebrity my G. Not to mention, I see you put Sean in that list of 'stars'.....that dude opens for Cole at shows LOL
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    J cole has a loyal fanbase

^Thats how.

And u do know more ppl in the world know Big Sean right?

U know who is his ? right? Her fans are now his fans, well not fans that will necessarily buy his music, but a new demographic of people that are now familiar with him...that power move has at least 10 million more ppl worldwide that are familiar with him, more so than they are of Cole...dont compare the 2 again.

Gotta listen to this album again tho, all I heard was generic bars and a whole lot of singing, thought I was listening to a Chico DeBarge album.

Glad real hiphop is making a comeback on xmas day, tho...no singing and crooning just hard bars and NYC gritty/smooth ? ...word.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    ? why you acting like a hoe

Not even like you wrong about Cole beings star but what does it matter? Who cares? All them ? you named don't sell like Cole or make better music so being a star means what ?

Only true stars in hip hop are Jay, Em, Dre, Snoop, 50, Wayne, Nicki, and princess boy

And Cole outsells half them
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there's something you don't see a lot in hip hop now a days...
    Cole from his 1st record has been constantly dropping great music and good numbers (especially in this era of hip hop)

I respect it... Gonna go cop the album this week
  • TB.Boy
    TB.Boy Members Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Who gives a ? if he's "a list" .He's real and being positive. If you like him you like him if you don't you don't.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options