Pac's beats

Options
2»

Comments

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac had dope beats,but they were different than what other rappers rapped to then.

Pac was more into rapping to RnB sounding beats.

I liked Pac's beats because he had his own sound.if a a producer knew he was working with Pac he knew he had to craft something more melodic.

Pac always had a ear for more ? /hiphop/ crossover sounding beats.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP Johnny "J"

close thread
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am i the only one who thinks U Cant C Me is a top 5 2Pac song?
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Pac's production was GOAT.

I can listen to "To live and die in LA" "White Man's World" and "Pain" instrumentals on repeat right now.

You make it seem like Pac was Nas at picking beats.

Their beat selection is about on the same level to me.

lol nah man
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think it's so much about the beat as it is the fit. I'd listen to Jay over Just blaze for a 4 track EP before i'd listen to him over another timberland led full album. Pac's beats fit him well, his best songs had a dark soundscape for him to convey his trademark emotion, Pain(above the rim) and Life goes on are perfect for him. I don't want to ever hear pac over synthesized ass beats. Another great example is Bone. Uneek crafted the perfect sound for them too.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Pac's production was GOAT.

I can listen to "To live and die in LA" "White Man's World" and "Pain" instrumentals on repeat right now.

You make it seem like Pac was Nas at picking beats.

Their beat selection is about on the same level to me.

lol nah man

Wasn't a diss. I like most of Pacs beats and some are a little bland. Same goes for Nas. Both have good not great beat selection.
  • spayspay
    spayspay Members Posts: 428 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I want to make it clear that I don't mean all beats he rapped over. Maybe 20 were good though. Then he took the rest of that coal and made diamonds.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    I don't think it's so much about the beat as it is the fit. I'd listen to Jay over Just blaze for a 4 track EP before i'd listen to him over another timberland led full album. Pac's beats fit him well, his best songs had a dark soundscape for him to convey his trademark emotion, Pain(above the rim) and Life goes on are perfect for him. I don't want to ever hear pac over synthesized ass beats. Another great example is Bone. Uneek crafted the perfect sound for them too.

So I take it you didn't like that Pac's life ? in 06. I used to make sample beats when I was younger but with all the legal issues with gettin them cleared a lot of people don't sample any more. I wouldn't mind just learnin how to play an instrument though.

That aside. I know better days was posthumous but that album went hard.
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not to mention ..pac had SOUL

Pacs raw energy made that beat greater than what it was
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

U got a point, u can say the same about DMX and Dame Grease, he mad some of X's best tracks like Stop Being Greedy, How's It Going Down and Get At Me Dog.
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    2pac's production before Death Row was terrible
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His beats were ill and he was still the star of the music..? complimented him, didnt suffer from overproduction/busyness.
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum
    Intelligent_Hoodlum Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    2pac's production before Death Row was terrible

The beats on his first two albums were kinda hit or miss but they wasn't terrible and MATW had sum classic production on it
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like troublesome who produced it
  • NuffRespect
    NuffRespect Members Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like troublesome who produced it

Johnny J
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • NuffRespect
    NuffRespect Members Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C'mon let the greatest rapper of all time rest in peace. after all these years people still got some criticism towards em
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Uneek is underrated
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd like to say

GTFOHWTBS

Thank you.
  • Screwtape
    Screwtape Members Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C'mon let the greatest rapper of all time rest in peace. after all these years people still got some criticism towards em

why not criticise? just cause hes dead doesnt mean you cant criticise his music. Nothing would evolve at all if all people ever did was pay homage.
  • Screwtape
    Screwtape Members Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    spayspay wrote: »
    A lot of beats from the 90's were good then, but don't hold up in 2015. I feel like most of Pac's catalog falls into that category.

post some

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac had production by

Easy Mo Bee
    Daz
    Dr.Dre
    Shock G

All of these guys obviously had producing credits for rather big records outside of 2pac ...so to say that those beats that were produced by these guys would be WACK without Pac is silly ...I mean of course Pac is the goat legendary immortal outlaw ...and he could turn your wack was beat box into a classic track ..but obviously his beats were knocking hard as ? ....only a dusty ass east coast ? or a bamma from the south would make a thread like this
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EyeofAsaru wrote: »
    Not to mention ..pac had SOUL

Pacs raw energy made that beat greater than what it was

Dogg Pound would have killed that beat ...