More and More People Are Cutting The Cord

Options

Comments

• Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Barely watch TV unless its for Netflix or i'm coolin on the ps4 playing some games. Everything I need is through netflix, got the old/new movies streaming and I get the newest ones delivered by mail to my house for a few more bucks. Most of the good shows are on netflix like Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, House of cards, Breaking bad....

I only needed cable for Sports....I wonder if Netflix can make that happen
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Barely watch TV unless its for Netflix or i'm coolin on the ps4 playing some games. Everything I need is through netflix, got the old/new movies streaming and I get the newest ones delivered by mail to my house for a few more bucks. Most of the good shows are on netflix like Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, House of cards, Breaking bad....

They ain't dropping the billions needed for that.

Cable is still king for the time being.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hulu and netflix and crunchyroll
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want to get netflixx but how can get a list of all there movies and shows before i sign up????
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Hopefully this results in cable company's making their ? a lot cheaper.

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Netflix ? the cable game up

shout out to Warren Buffet s son for the visionary move
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BarryHalls wrote: »
    Like Water wrote: »

I dream for the day when I can stream basketball and football games.

U ain't heard of thefirstrow.eu or sportsbeech.com? When I'm overseas during the nfl/nba season, those are my go to sites. Also for boxing/ufc PPVs.

I just stream it, mirror it using Apple TV onto my 60in TV, expand the window and BOOM.

? cable.

Mirror it from ur comp to apple tv? I need to kno how seamless it is because chrromecast mirroring is kinda wack

Although it could be this ? ass computer idk

not sure what OS X your running on your MacBook but if you running Mavericks, just turn on "AirPlay" in the settings and your Apple TV will detect it and mirror your laptop.

http://youtu.be/I7ygk1vW2Hw

[/quote]

firstrow pic quality is ass tho[/quote]

Depends on what link u watching. Them games be having like 10 links to choose from. Majority of them be trash but a couple be in HD quality. That's if you wanna go thru each link to find it.
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    I want to get netflixx but how can get a list of all there movies and shows before i sign up????

If you never wrte a subscriber you can get a 1month free trial.
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Hulu and netflix and crunchyroll

Never heard of crunchyroll
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    basic time warner cable w/ espn is damn $80/month. I'm not paying that ? when I that's the only channel I watch, I can stream NBA games online for free. TV is straight trash
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Barely watch tv except for fights...if I get extra bored I'll see if anything on the channel where the bald guy goes to different places and eats stuff or the discovery channel to see if some interesting animal stuff on. Other than that I usually watch Apple TV apps.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I use sling t.v., tvids, and m.movietube.co for shows and movies. I I also have a Roku player
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't owned a TV in 4 years. I stream all my ? and I never miss an episode. Plus i have netflix. It is simply NOT WORTH it to pay for premium cable channels at this day and age.

I would need to make a ton of money to justify paying for premium cable. It is nice being able to just sit down and turn ? on, but its not worth in this day and age
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I work for a media company. These ? are shook. now is the time for the small, small screen - the computer. Netflix etc got the Hollywood guys ? ' themselves coz for ages they knew their ? , minimal effort blockbusters would ? forever, but a lotta the big shots like television work coz they can be creative and get paid just as much
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    basic time warner cable w/ espn is damn $80/month. I'm not paying that ? when I that's the only channel I watch, I can stream NBA games online for free. TV is straight trash

If that's the only channel you watch, you may want to look at sling tv. it has both espn and espn 2 in the lineup. the streaming quality is pretty good too. its $20 per month which is cost effective in your case because your saving 60 dollars monthly. they offer you a free 7 day trial when you sign up so if your interested, you can try it out at no charge. there's no commitment or contract you have to sign so if you discover its not for you, you can cancel at any time
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I went without cable for four years and just recently got it back because I really need my espn and sports channels. However, Time Warner is a ? aberration and I can't wait for my contract to be up. And U-Verse isn't available in my area. Smh.

You can. Download Kodi, and then download sports devil/digitele addon
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »

co sign. I can watch sports online. but alotta times the quality is ? AF

Yo the English Premier League sold their games for 5.6 billi. None of the online ? could combat that
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    Im paying for Sports package cable, Netflix (stream & by mail, & Hulu

Im comfortable.
    fBOwjLq3SgedOuEWtVIv_make_it_rain.jpg
  • LateToDaParty
    LateToDaParty Members Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I went without cable for four years and just recently got it back because I really need my espn and sports channels. However, Time Warner is a ? aberration and I can't wait for my contract to be up. And U-Verse isn't available in my area. Smh.

You can. Download Kodi, and then download sports devil/digitele addon

Real spill! Everybody listen to that man. I was paying bout 130 for direct tv (which is trash besides the fights on showtime). My uncle put me on bout a week ago. ? that bill!!!'
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This was bound to happen once we got to the point where broadband internet expanded, and cell phones turned into pocket size HDTVs.

Content providers were going to start tapping heavily into those markets, and it was inevitable that the home viewing audience was going to shrink.