Eric Garners Daughter Ethers Al The Hustler Sharpton

Options

Comments

• J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    wait ? are you really making an assertion that if someone doesnt agree with Sharpton and what he stands for they aint black
    3450958-
    Just from following the sources of the video that you posted, I can tell something ain't right with you.

http://atlah.org/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCth8lre2-6ITPs9NHpBaC8A

Both of those sources are involved with either the racist ass tea party and/or the racist ass republican party.

Either you're a racist white or you're a confused ass black person.
    first of all stop it with this democrat republican controlled opposition ? ,

Only one party promotes a blatant anti-? agenda, so I'm gonna call out their ? every chance that I get.

the tea party when it first started wasnt about racism but about 2008 bank bailouts and wall street and they stomped that ? out real quick, so what happened they ? around and got infiltrated by ppl on the ground and then republicans co-signing the movement. Anything that the media or hollywood get they hands on they can present it in that light. just like they so successful in representing us as poor savages, criminals

If the tea party was truly upset about the 2008 bank bailouts, they would have been attacking George Bush because he's the one that initiated the bailouts. Instead, they became angry and began attacking after Obama (first black President) was sworn in & began to make moves.

The tea party (modern day KKK) became a force after this happened......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEZB4taSEoA

? you can click on my name and look at my posts that would shut all that dumb ? you talking, not only am I black but I have reconciled with my blackness and come full circle with it. Alot of ? have yet to come close to doing that on here. Dont do it to yourself.

I call it like I see it homie.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Money in the absence of a higher moral code will ruin everything it touches. Period.
  • J.J._Evans
    Options
    O'Keefe and his distorted tapes led to ACORN being defunded by the federal Government and countless black people losing their jobs.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm kind of torn on Al Sharpton. I think the bottom line is that he does bring awareness to certain cases of ACTUAL injustice..but he definitely expands his personal brand and collects his check in the process.

Does the money he make negate the attention he brings to a trayvon martin case or to tamir rice case? I think his goal is to find a case, bring awareness to it, get his money get out. He's not your guy for long term solutions and legislation and ideas and all that.

I don't think he hurts Black people..but it's not like he's some great civil rights icon either. Making money ain't necessarily a bad thing..how many less doctors you think there would be if it was completely volunteer labor?

I don't kno tho..dude was an FBI informant too tho. So I don't know. The ? ain't gettin no donations from me I know that much.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wait ? are you really making an assertion that if someone doesnt agree with Sharpton and what he stands for they aint black
    3450958-
    Just from following the sources of the video that you posted, I can tell something ain't right with you.

Both of those sources are involved with either the racist ass tea party and/or the racist ass republican party.

Only one party promotes a blatant anti-? agenda, so I'm gonna call out their ? every chance that I get.

the tea party when it first started wasnt about racism but about 2008 bank bailouts and wall street and they stomped that ? out real quick, so what happened they ? around and got infiltrated by ppl on the ground and then republicans co-signing the movement. Anything that the media or hollywood get they hands on they can present it in that light. just like they so successful in representing us as poor savages, criminals

If the tea party was truly upset about the 2008 bank bailouts, they would have been attacking George Bush because he's the one that initiated the bailouts. Instead, they became angry and began attacking after Obama (first black President) was sworn in & began to make moves.

? you can click on my name and look at my posts that would shut all that dumb ? you talking, not only am I black but I have reconciled with my blackness and come full circle with it. Alot of ? have yet to come close to doing that on here. Dont do it to yourself.

No they both do, one is just covert, while other one is overt. What he ? is democrats doing about black ppl being slaughtered in the streets by the police? I can post numerous times in history when the deomcrats ? us as well but they smile in our face cause they want minorities as a voting block but i can see thats too complicated a subject for you to comprehend.

They did attack george bush but what can you do to a somebody who simply turned invisible, this dude got whisked away to his little ranch where nobody could find him, AND to further prove my point that democrats and republicans aint no different this ? Obama then takes the CEO(Hank Paulson) of Goldman Sachs who was one of the primary beneficiaries of the bailout and appoints him to treasury secretary? WTF?? They had every right to go at Obamas head for that fuckery because while this ? was saying one thing, acting like he was the antithesis of GWB, this ? was really just continuing what he started. You can see that now, theres ? evidence out there that he only took the ball and ran with it. The only difference is he sounds way more eloquent than Bush.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    I'm kind of torn on Al Sharpton. I think the bottom line is that he does bring awareness to certain cases of ACTUAL injustice..but he definitely expands his personal brand and collects his check in the process.

Does the money he make negate the attention he brings to a trayvon martin case or to tamir rice case? I think his goal is to find a case, bring awareness to it, get his money get out. He's not your guy for long term solutions and legislation and ideas and all that.

I don't think he hurts Black people..but it's not like he's some great civil rights icon either. Making money ain't necessarily a bad thing..how many less doctors you think there would be if it was completely volunteer labor?

I don't kno tho..dude was an FBI informant too tho. So I don't know. The ? ain't gettin no donations from me I know that much.

To be honest, I don't particularly care for Sharpton or Jackson. With that said, I'm not gonna watch neither be attacked by racist ass republicans.

They have used this divide and conquer strategy against black people for decades & too many of us keep falling for it like idiots.

al sharpton IS the divide and conquer strategy
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blacks complain that sharpton helps but he's greedy

Whites want sharpton discredited bc they know he's helping blacks

Blacks always fall for the okey doke
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Options
    nah yall ? looking at this ? in 2D right now. I laid the evidence out there and AT MOST I can tell yall just skimmed through it if that.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somebody DDT this ?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The good vastly outweighs the "bad"...
  • Bully_Pulpit
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ? off dude you added nothing to this conversation and you are going to continue to do so
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall ? following around this race ? , FBI informant, government colluding charlatan
    Sharpton-GF-NYDN.jpeg
    Sharpton-GF-NYDN1.jpeg
    Yeah that ? look righteous to me, yet he riding around in rolls royce phantoms and ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQTvJysHLPU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzHvDmRkTn0
    Local pastor in ferguson speaking out on his experience with al & jesse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuHOEy35Mbw

When one of yall can produce evidence to the contrary you @ me

Ok I watched the 1st and the 3rd video (2nd video was too long lol).. the first video dude called him a "nappy-headed hoe" within like 30 seconds so I can't really take his criticisms too serious..seems like some deep-rooted personal issues with Al. And then he goes to video an obviously white heckler took while badgering him about his FBI informant past..nah bro I don't respect that. I bet that same white guy wasn't badgering the head of the st.louis county police union about his shady history of misconduct and his inflammatory rhetoric. Al Sharpton wasn't the most dangerous or harmful guy in that situation in Ferguson by any stretch.

The 3rd video is pretty much in line with what I said...Sharpton comes in, brings the spotlight with him and then leaves. It's absolutely up to the people of the community to fight for the long haul because Sharpton's not going to do that, he's off to the next issue.

People thinking he's the reincarnation of MLK or Malcolm X or some ? are gonna be disappointed. The term "race hustler" probably fits him but I don't think he does damage. He actually does do SOME good by making people aware of cases that they wouldn't have otherwise been aware of.
  • J.J._Evans
    Options
    3450958-

No they both do, one is just covert, while other one is overt. What he ? is democrats doing about black ppl being slaughtered in the streets by the police? I can post numerous times in history when the deomcrats ? us as well but they smile in our face cause they want minorities as a voting block but i can see thats too complicated a subject for you to comprehend.

Stop it buddy....LOL. The U.S. political structure is not foreign to me.

I'm fully aware that some of the Dems are bigots, but I also see the majority of them fighting for equality on a daily basis. I'm also fully aware that blacks would once again be slaves if the republican party could get away with it.

They did attack george bush but what can you do to a somebody who simply turned invisible, this dude got whisked away to his little ranch where nobody could find him,

We didn't hear ? from the tea party when Bush was bailing out the banks. As I showed above, the tea party became vocal when Obama became the President.

AND to further prove my point that democrats and republicans aint no different this ? Obama then takes the CEO(Hank Paulson) of Goldman Sachs who was one of the primary beneficiaries of the bailout and appoints him to treasury secretary? WTF??

This is an absolute lie. Hank Paulson was the Treasury Secretary for George Bush.

They had every right to go at Obamas head for that fuckery because while this ? was saying one thing, acting like he was the antithesis of GWB, this ? was really just continuing what he started. You can see that now, theres ? evidence out there that he only took the ball and ran with it. The only difference is he sounds way more eloquent than Bush.

The bank bailouts belong to Bush.

After Bush had the Country on the verge of another Great Depression, Obama came in and had Congress pass the Recovery Act, which was half tax cuts. The Recovery Act is credited as being one of the initiatives that saved the Country's economy.

Educate yourself & stop being brainwashed, man.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Options
    3450958-

Stop it buddy....LOL. The U.S. political structure is not foreign to me.

I'm fully aware that some of the Dems are bigots, but I also see the majority of them fighting for equality on a daily basis. I'm also fully aware that blacks would once again be slaves if the republican party could get away with it.
    Thats debatable that democrats are fighting for equality on a daily basis id like to know where you got that 1 from
    They did attack george bush but what can you do to a somebody who simply turned invisible, this dude got whisked away to his little ranch where nobody could find him,

We didn't hear ? from the tea party when Bush was bailing out the banks. As I showed above, the tea party became vocal when Obama became the President.

AND to further prove my point that democrats and republicans aint no different this ? Obama then takes the CEO(Hank Paulson) of Goldman Sachs who was one of the primary beneficiaries of the bailout and appoints him to treasury secretary? WTF??

This is an absolute lie. Hank Paulson was the Treasury Secretary for George Bush.

Actually you are right obama appointed tim geithner in 2011. He just let that criminal rock for a couple years in his administration. That was my bad
    They had every right to go at Obamas head for that fuckery because while this ? was saying one thing, acting like he was the antithesis of GWB, this ? was really just continuing what he started. You can see that now, theres ? evidence out there that he only took the ball and ran with it. The only difference is he sounds way more eloquent than Bush.

The bank bailouts belong to Bush.

After Bush had the Country on the verge of another Great Depression, Obama came in and had Congress pass the Recovery Act, which was half tax cuts. The Recovery Act is credited as being one of the initiatives that saved the Country's economy.

Educate yourself & stop being brainwashed, man.

Nobody said that it didnt belong to bush breh and we aint out of the woods as far as yhe economy is concerned
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

What has he helped? Sure he's brought attention to some issues, but again as I asked before, if he then takes the mass majority of the fruits of that attention where is the help?
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You think al sharpton gonna stick his neck out for you lost negroes (no ? ) and not get paid? Yeah, ok. Best believe bill oreilly and the rest of them get paid also. Only difference is white folks gone dish their money out with ease, al sharpton might have to strong arm his money. Like dude said "they shake down brothers". He knew what it was. Lol. And like the foreign guy said, this "America, its always about money". Lol. Its sad cause Sharpton probably is more like an exortionist than an activist. We need better leaders
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all never woulda heard of Trayvon Martin if it weren't For Al Sharpton.

That entire case was about to get swept under the rug until Sharpton got involved.

Zimmerman wasn't even gonna be charged with a crime until Sharpton got involved.

Sharpton had people protesting nationwide once they found out about that travesty of justice in Florida.

It was only after weeks of demonstrations and rallies that they finally decided to charge that coward Zimmerman with murder.

Also, Al Sharpton is entitled to get paid, just like anybody else...

So, y'all can miss me with that " Sharpton only cares about the money" nonsense.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since y'all got al's bank statements, how much did he make off Martin & Garner?

How much money did he take back to NY from Ferguson?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That entire case was about to get swept under the rug until Sharpton got involved.

Zimmerman wasn't even gonna be charged with a crime until Sharpton got involved.

Sharpton had people protesting nationwide once they found out about that travesty of justice in Florida.

It was only after weeks of demonstrations and rallies that they finally decided to charge that coward Zimmerman with murder.

So, y'all can miss me with that " Sharpton only cares about the money" nonsense.

And what came out of that? Zimmerman didn't get convicted. Sharpton wasn't instrumental in using the case to push any greater cause. He and his group generated a lot of money in the name of Martin, but based on the comments from everyone else involved, he took most of that money rather than giving it to the actual cause. Maybe I'm missing something, but what part of what Sharpton did is praiseworthy or disproves that he's out for the money? Ya'll ? acting like bringing attention to something is some great work. It's not. What is great is what you use that attention to accomplish and as far as I've seen, Sharpton didn't accomplish anything other than gaining more publicity for himself and money for his organization. But I could be wrong, so can you enlighten me?
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eric Garner's daughter says her comments about Rev. Al Sharpton were taken out of context
    http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2015/02/eric_garners_daughter_says_con.html

"It is unfortunate that the New York Post and James O'Keefe have taken a moment of reflection and mourning as an opportunity to sow discord and confusion among a peaceful and unified movement.

"The comments were taken out of context, edited and released to partisan outlets for nefarious reasons. Reverend Sharpton, Cynthia Davis, and NAN are greatly appreciated in their assistance in helping me to fight for justice in my father's murder. "

O'Keefe and the Post do not represent the kind type of dialogue that I am trying to engage in, nor does that article reflect my feelings towards the Reverend and National Action Network.

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • a.mann
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

And the great...nay....tragedy irony of it all
    is many of the same black folks that believe the lies of right wing conservative new sources about Sharpton being a "race ? ",who really is not standing up for justice & equality for the black community

are vehemently claiming the ? establishment is conspiring to ruin and discredit Bill Cosby
    and are jumping on their swords to defend him

Even when Cosby has stood up in front of rich white people numerous of times and talked about poor black people like dogs
    while never once mentioning the detrimental effects white supremacy & privilege has had on the black community

Yeah,let that one marinate
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    yall better for me than entertaining it word to ? biggin up the poison peddlers who pass out turkeys on thanksgiving doe..
  • a.mann
    edited February 2015
    Options

And what came out of that? Zimmerman didn't get convicted. Sharpton wasn't instrumental in using the case to push any greater cause. He and his group generated a lot of money in the name of Martin, but based on the comments from everyone else involved, he took most of that money rather than giving it to the actual cause. Maybe I'm missing something, but what part of what Sharpton did is praiseworthy or disproves that he's out for the money? Ya'll ? acting like bringing attention to something is some great work. It's not. What is great is what you use that attention to accomplish and as far as I've seen, Sharpton didn't accomplish anything other than gaining more publicity for himself and money for his organization. But I could be wrong, so can you enlighten me?

Trayvon's and Eric's family called on Sharpton to bring national attention to their respective cases....NOT for him to be a the state prosecutor. Zimmerman would not even been arrested if not for the pressure that attention brought.

Trayvon Martin's mom: "We simply wanted an arrest"

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trayvon-martins-mom-we-simply-wanted-an-arrest/

"We simply wanted an arrest," said Sybrina Fulton, Trayvon's mother, at a press conference.

Fulton and Tracy Martin, Trayvon's father, spoke briefly at in front of the press alongside Rev. Al Sharpton and their attorney, Ben Crump, after Florida State Attorney Angela Corey announced second degree murder charges against Zimmerman.

"This is just the beginning. We got a long way to go, and we have faith," Tracy Martin said.

Sharpton cautioned listeners to not celebrate at the charges against Zimmerman.

"We do not want anybody high-fiving tonight. There's no winners here. This is not about gloating. This is about serving justice. We are still mourning with this family," Sharpton said.