L.O.G.O.N.H.I. (legend or not) Vol. 5: Drake

Options

Comments

• qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At being commercially successful in today's climate I would agree.

LOL you can argue that for any so called "legend"

Old heads love spewing that so called tough act ? but look where 90 percent of them tough ass rappers are now

acting, doing family movies, commercials and ? , man that tough persona ? is for the birds but old heads eat up because that's what was hot in the 90's - 2000's

Face it Drake is a legend by any hip hop standard you try to pair him against. 99 percent the rappers that are truly hard are either not famous because they didn't know how to function within society and got in legal trouble so they end up forgotten in the annals of history or as i call them "the could haves"

Only real ? in the game now are jeezy, gucci, kendrick and krit. Everyone else is a ? actor, they play a part like a wrestler would and alot of you ? eat it up.
    qawshun wrote: »
    Nah not in my book, he'll go out as a great but legend nah, no classics yet, far as i know he's dementional. There's no creativity in his songs. It's either about chick's, for chick's or about being hated. No rewind type tracks, no meet the parents, i gave you power, just basic. My dude was like yeah he taking jay spot jay done foh. Jay ain't even in the race and he still in the lead

Dude don't live up to anything i posted
  • King_sorrow
    King_sorrow Members Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blacktux wrote: »
    To be a legend you have to do something legendary.

Stop it.

https://www.ovoforums.com/news/drake-ties-the-beatles-billboard-record/
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you ? are just going to post sales and that he makes music that ? like then lock this ? @stew
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i mean if there were other things to bring up, u ? would still downplay it and bash him, if the thread so bad/u hate drake, y u even here lol
  • Ilike2get baked
    Ilike2get baked Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok so now that we know that what Drake has done is "legendary" within the realm of Hip Hop, will somebody make the same thread regarding Kendrick and Lupe...you know people who actually make hot ? . ..
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    clippyclipp n*gga Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    drake fans ? me, anytime someone states a honest opinion on his music, we are labeled haters and in our feelings when its really the opposite, unfortunately drake is decent at best he has great commercial success. congrats to him but that doens't mean i'm going to lower my standards of what i consider legendary music, when i grew up in the 2 greats era's of hiphop and when i compare that music to the ? thats out now i call it like it. there are a lot of dope artist out there that made way better music with more substance and lyrical skill than drake. they just didn't reach the level of success on a mainstream level and thats cool. will drake go down in history? yes he will. but he is in the top 50 greatest mc's? no.
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    Options
    redundant? id rather see an artist make similar music to what made him famous in the first place then "Linkin Parking" yourself out of the game.

artist who re-invent themselves and claim to be growing as an artist tend to make ? music that no1 buys

drake will go down as a legend, his mixtape with no promo did 500k?

hes for the females, no1 gives a ? if u cant relate to him, he makes hits and some quality songs get over it

go listen to Chief ? and lie about street life and claim it represents where your broke ass is from
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    Options
    ^^^^^ further proving my point lmao.
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    Options
    drake fans ? me, anytime someone states a honest opinion on his music, we are labeled haters and in our feelings when its really the opposite, unfortunately drake is decent at best he has great commercial success. congrats to him but that doens't mean i'm going to lower my standards of what i consider legendary music, when i grew up in the 2 greats era's of hiphop and when i compare that music to the ? thats out now i call it like it. there are a lot of dope artist out there that made way better music with more substance and lyrical skill than drake. they just didn't reach the level of success on a mainstream level and thats cool. will drake go down in history? yes he will. but he is in the top 50 greatest mc's? no.

seems like you get butt hurt when people point an obvious legend in the making at least.

ive never bought or owned a drake cd//song but wont deny what he has done in the game

i could give two ? about them Fugee ? or mariah carey but they still did some legendary ? that you cant deny
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    Options
    i guess you obviously didn't read when i said he will go down in history. lol.
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    Options
    drake has no classic albums in catalog at all lmao.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    drake has no classic albums in catalog at all lmao.

1. thats just ur opinion. cool story bro

2. he's 28 and only dropped 3, unless he dies tomorrow he might actually make one in your opinion lol
  • CashmoneyDux
    Options
    i mean if there were other things to bring up, u ? would still downplay it and bash him, if the thread so bad/u hate drake, y u even here lol

But there aren't other things to bring up...
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake has had a successful career. But he's not a legend. He did nothing to change the game, he says nothing that holds weight, and he doesn't make quality albums. You don't have to have both, but you need a big joker to be a legend. What can drake default to if someone asks him why he deserves legendary status?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

hence the "if" and the "y u even here"
  • CashmoneyDux
    Options

Lmao what a terrible argument. Stan alert
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited February 2015
    Options

Lmao what a terrible argument. Stan alert

its horrible to point out u waste time out ur day talking bout a dude u know damn well u dont like anyway and crying about "JUST CLOSE IT" instead of just not coming in the thread or making a thread about lil b or verbal jint. ok *shrugs*

u sucka ? talk about drake more than me and i like the music lol
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think the whole legend argument comes from the fact there are similarities with him and jay

what was jay's subject matter: women, lifestyle, being the best/haters, some street ish and bars galore

whats drakes subject matter: women, lifestyle, being the best/haters, and has bars

for THIS generation he's a legend or atleast one in the making

i may not agree - but i understand it
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T/S got the title from Complex.

They always trying to shove their opinions down peoples throat
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    dont know how luda aint, nelly beat krs one
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With no classics bruh? C'mon son.
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    Options
    why do people constantly bring age in to hiphop albums, snoop was 22 when he made ? (classic)
    nas was 21 when illmatic dropped, pac died at the age of 25 and made at least 2 classic albums, drake is 28 and hasn't made one yet not saying he can't make one. but as of this current moment he hasn't, cats are over hyping the record sales of this album. ok he sold 500 with no real promotion. he only sold 150 thousand more than j.cole and he is at least 3 times bigger than j cole in popularity. so thats not saying that much. and jcole album is way better than this half ass mixtape/album
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Overrated but a legend
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Are Nelly,Luda, and Ja Ruke legends?

Eh him tying beetles is something huge . If it was such an easy task how come nobody else done it.