L.O.G.O.N.H.I. (legend or not) Vol. 5: Drake

Options

Comments

• clippyclipp n*gga
    clippyclipp n*gga Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    him topping the beatles on billboard is very huge but he is not the legend and never will be that the beatles are
    kobe broke mike jordan's scoring record but he will never be bigger or better than mike. its the same thing.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    why do people constantly bring age in to hiphop albums, snoop was 22 when he made ? (classic)
    nas was 21 when illmatic dropped, pac died at the age of 25 and made at least 2 classic albums, drake is 28 and hasn't made one yet not saying he can't make one. but as of this current moment he hasn't, cats are over hyping the record sales of this album. ok he sold 500 with no real promotion. he only sold 150 thousand more than j.cole and he is at least 3 times bigger than j cole in popularity. so thats not saying that much. and jcole album is way better than this half ass mixtape/album

i brought age simply because its not like he 40 and wont make more music, and no he not 3 times more popular than j. cole, ? love cole almost as much as drake, only difference is cole music is less radio friendly, but when he did make a radio friendly song it was a big hit, seemed almost like a type of song drake would make, and i aint tryna say drake a legend right now, and his sales dont make his music sound any better(i like the music tho), but look at what he accomplished and he on the path to become one, perhaps along the path he makes the classic album some of u ? who hate drake but spend all day talking about him/making threads on him instead of who u DO like are looking for
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Overrated Period
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Are Nelly,Luda, and Ja Ruke legends?

Nelly is. No on the other two
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Overrated but a legend
    Lol but using that analogy just shows he is an legend too tho
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    clippyclipp n*gga Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    he' is not a legend yet. he has more to do, what real impact has he done musically, his whole style originated from andre 3000 and kanye 808s and heartbreak style. let's be real for second here.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not a legend
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Legendary punching bag, lyrically and physically maybe.

Legendary rapper? Well....seeing as how ? -made 97% of this generation is, this actually makes sense. He actually IS a legend to these 13-24 year-old-? out here (and a few 30+ dusty negroes).

^^^^^^
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake has never made a song this powerful in his career.
    http://youtu.be/ZmVPDco9n9U

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not a legend
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Are Nelly,Luda, and Ja Ruke legends?

Eh him tying beetles is something huge . If it was such an easy task how come nobody else done it.

the term legend IMO is something that should only be reserved for those at the very top; the best at their craft, the ones that moved the culture, influence etc. guys like Jay, Nas, Rakim, Dr. Dre, Big Boi and Andre etc. etc. Drake has the success but IMO he's lacking in every other category
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? upset! LMAO OvOYM

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isn't drake the first successful rapper who sings? I can't think of a artist like him that is successful
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited February 2015
    Options
    slightly off topic but i dont get the downtalking ? do on "this generation", why its gotta be a certain generation to accept certain music, seem like the previous generation 2 worried about everything but they own ? , previous generation be sayin ? like they cant ever get they ass beat by the current man stop lol
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nahhh. While he hit some milestones I mean that's all admirable however he has zero classics. And tbh his new music doesn't even come close to his debut album let's keep it real. If he can make a classic album only time will tell
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    slightly off topic but i dont get the downtalking ? do on "this generation", why its gotta be a certain generation to accept certain music, seem like the previous generation 2 worried about everything but they own ? , previous generation be sayin ? like they cant ever get they ass beat by the current man stop lol

C/S. old ? always like "such and such would never survive in the 90's" but where are most of those 90's ? now?
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    drake has no classic albums in catalog at all lmao.

1. thats just ur opinion. cool story bro

2. he's 28 and only dropped 3, unless he dies tomorrow he might actually make one in your opinion lol

*gets chopper ready*
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Overrated but a legend
    Yall bring up 50 cent ja, and nelly but they was only hot for about 5 years each. ? nelly was barely 4 years2000-2004 . Same with 50 2003-2007. And ja was hot from 2000-2004 as well. Those were their primes . Drake been basically one of the biggest rappers since 2009. It's 2015. That's 6 years. And it looks like he just continuing to get bigger. Yeah the quality of music can be better but ? to deny what he done in so little time. Eh he probably not a legend now. But to say he won't be is just hating
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited February 2015
    Options
    that sheep ? dont apply to everybody and u have no way to prove it does, i know for sure if i like a ? music ima bump it not givin a damn what everyone else doin, dont care about him not talkin about street ? , i dont live street ? anyway so idc, when it come to him talkin bout social issues, i mean maybe that could benefit how he look to u ? , but i dont care, he just does what he does and stays in HIS lane as of now, if im that thirsty to hear social issues, i got some nasir or kanye on the computer too, i dont have to just look at drake for that. yall want dude to be something he not for some reason lol and when he do that yall will prolly say, "? that fugazi ass ? "
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn so Drake is what qualities as a hip hop legend in 2015 to y'all??? Smh
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Overrated Period
    If drakes a legend then im a legend too