I heard its cleared
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wale looks like the type to cry after a fight
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First time hearing song, dope song. And I don't even ? with Wale like that. Song is some trill ? .
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I have to disagree. Jennifer's butt is wider but if you talkin total area...Janet Jackson's butt is bigger"
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Janet's music is not meant to promote girls doing drugs. She has the right to decide that as an artist. You wouldn't take 'I'll always love you " by Whitney Houston and make it a song about da coco, would you?

RZA turned the Underdog theme music into WU-TANG CLAN AIN'T NUTTIN TO ? WIT so...........
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whale fails at the highest levels, ? lotus petal ass ?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    DNB1 wrote: »
    lol...? really hate Wale like that?!

Wale ain't talking about ? but it's a creative beat concept.... That should stay a concept.

Janet's music is not meant to promote girls doing drugs. She has the right to decide that as an artist. You wouldn't take 'I'll always love you " by Whitney Houston and make it a song about da coco, would you?

At least poetic justice stayed in context...

Only problem is that's not a Whitney Houston song. It's a Dolly Parton song, Whitney just covered it for The Bodyguard soundtrack.

It seems people forget that main fact whenever that song is brought up lol. Alot of people in the past generation have never no idea the Dolly Parton version even exists....but clearly you can see in this thread Wale hate makes people distort history or completely miss what his song was actually about as you can see by her also saying it's about promoting drug use when it's the exact opposite lol
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought he quit Twitter?
    Foh
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wow...didnt know the hate for Wale was so strong on this site

so yea...this aint a hill i'ma die on today lol

I happen to like his music over his antics, but damn, some of ya'll are brutal lol
  • blackrain
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Wale ain't talking about ? but it's a creative beat concept.... That should stay a concept.

Only problem is that's not a Whitney Houston song. It's a Dolly Parton song, Whitney just covered it for The Bodyguard soundtrack.

It seems people forget that main fact whenever that song is brought up lol. Alot of people in the past generation have never no idea the Dolly Parton version even exists....but clearly you can see in this thread Wale hate makes people distort history or completely miss what his song was actually about as you can see by her also saying it's about promoting drug use when it's the exact opposite lol

Even though it's a Dolly Parton song & she would ultimately have a say in whether or not someone samples the song, Whitney Houston's version is technically a different version of the song. On a publishing level, Whitneys estate (or whoever owns the publishing of her music) would have to clear
    her vocals for the sample, if that's what was to be used.

That's the diff between mechanical royalties (what Dolly Parton would receive) and performance royalties (which whitney's estate would get) for sampling Whitneys version.

@tha_bride22's original point is still legit.

I get what you're saying in terms of different versions of songs that are covered and you're right about thaylt but Bride's point is still off because part of her point revolved the song sample being rejected because of the topic of the song which she got wrong. Nobody knows why Janet took issue with the song itself or wanted some changes made but it wasn't because the song promotes drug use
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    people seem to hate everybody
  • BrideofKilla
    BrideofKilla Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Even though it's a Dolly Parton song & she would ultimately have a say in whether or not someone samples the song, Whitney Houston's version is technically a different version of the song. On a publishing level, Whitneys estate (or whoever owns the publishing of her music) would have to clear

That's the diff between mechanical royalties (what Dolly Parton would receive) and performance royalties (which whitney's estate would get) for sampling Whitneys version.

I get what you're saying in terms of different versions of songs that are covered and you're right about thaylt but Bride's point is still off because part of her point revolved the song sample being rejected because of the topic of the song which she got wrong. Nobody knows why Janet took issue with the song itself or wanted some changes made but it wasn't because the song promotes drug use

So how do you know that wasn't the reason she took issue?

What I was saying is that Janet deserves a level of respect when handling her music. For whatever reason she didn't care for what wale did to her song and if you listen to her music, you can see his interpretation is nothing like the type of music she put out.

And I'm not knocking the concept of the song. I bet wale really thinks he did something here, lol.. But,I think a truly creative artist knows how to sample properly as well as make original music. He hasn't done either, imo... He's not worthy.

But maybe she's ok with using her music to discuss girls doing drugs.

Maybe she sees a mediocre rapper/poet trying to boost sales by riding the coattails of her success.

It's all speculation, but what we do know is that she doesn't ? with this song. All I was saying is that I don't blame her.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wale and Drake are running a close race for most hated rappers who can actually rap.
  • blackrain
    Options

So how do you know that wasn't the reason she took issue?

What I was saying is that Janet deserves a level of respect when handling her music. For whatever reason she didn't care for what wale did to her song and if you listen to her music, you can see his interpretation is nothing like the type of music she put out.

And I'm not knocking the concept of the song. I bet wale really thinks he did something here, lol.. But,I think a truly creative artist knows how to sample properly as well as make original music. He hasn't done either, imo... He's not worthy.

But maybe she's ok with using her music to discuss girls doing drugs.

Maybe she sees a mediocre rapper/poet trying to boost sales by riding the coattails of her success.

It's all speculation, but what we do know is that she doesn't ? with this song. All I was saying is that I don't blame her.

If she took issue with the song promoting drug use when it's a song That does the opposite of that then that's not too bright on her. I didn't say you knocked the concept of the song I said you got it wrong by saying it was promoting it. As for mediocre rappers like I said she done did remixes with Plies....Plies of all people so that mediocre rapper excuse is out the window too
  • BrideofKilla
    BrideofKilla Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was bust it baby about drugs?

Lol you're making my original point for me.

And if I say plies is better than wale, waves of hiphop nerds will riot in the streets.

• AP21
    Options
    i dont think the song promotes drug use, but tells the downside and the ramifications of drug use
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    people seem to hate everybody

I get not liking a rapper...to a point. I dont get "fck them! that ngga ? !" and all that type internet stuff regardless who is the subject the vast majority of the time people dont even know that person. What kinda energy to perpetrate for yourself is that? Complete negativity? I Dont get that or participate in it.

• Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [Intro]
    I promise you ain't never really freak out until you be out at freak hours and see each and every freak out from free couch to free couch

[Chorus x4]
    We go deep and we don't get no sleep
    Cause we be up all night until the early light

[Verse 1]
    Man these ? ain't serious
    Do you know what type of women I've been dealing with?
    I used to pop blues with my lil' ?
    I call her boo cuz her real name I will forget
    I use a Uber to scoop me to SLS
    What you expect, a little groupie to see my crib?
    Oh no, these ? ain't serious
    Do you know what type of ? I've been dealing with?
    Try to tell me adderall make her get a rush
    Used to use it to study until she fell in love
    Told me that lil buzz make her think a lot
    Told her "Nah you lying, cuz you don't eat enough"
    Nah Nah Nah
    These women ain't serious
    She sprinkled a little something up in her lip
    Start sipping and now she sweating, her lips clenched
    Kind of dizzy, her friends tell her to get a grip
    I'm trying to get me a real woman to take out
    But for now, they're wild
    They rather get it in

[Hook]
    Girls on drugs
    Girls on drugs
    Girls on drugs
    Pills and subs when them beers ain't enough
    They still need love

[Chorus x2]

[Verse 2]
    In her purse where her hand go
    She disperse by the handful
    Coco make her go up
    Nothing popping, pop a zan when she laying low
    Bars to break, so many bars to break
    She at the Grammy's turnt, none of the stars is fake
    She like "Oh my ? , I'm on the moon and ? "
    And my particular moon like a platoon and ?
    You know the ? I be dealing with
    Politicians and ? living it on the rip
    And my position to give this ? to little kids
    Is not official unless I'm giving them authentic
    We're all living with small demons
    We're all sinning, it's all similar
    Broads with us and they ? hitting
    Let me tell you about the ? I've been chilling with
    The really insecure ones look good as ?
    Nothing fill the void of a little pill
    A little shot, she ain't shy when the ? spill
    And it's hard to feel alive when you're feeling dead inside
    Beside that the lime light be so real
    Let me tell you about the ? that I kick it with
    Told me nobody love her so she cut her wrist
    Not enough for the hospital but cut it close
    That's why she want to get high because she's feeling low
    Told me pour me a vodka pill and little smoke
    So I could numb her insides and we will never know

[Hook]
  • blackrain
    Options
    Was bust it baby about drugs?

Lol you're making my original point for me.

And if I say plies is better than wale, waves of hiphop nerds will riot in the streets.

No but didn't it sample the song "Lets Wait A While" which is about not ? while Bust It Baby is blatantly about smashing...so if your point is about the song topic not matching the original sample then it still dont hold up.
  • gamezpog
    gamezpog Members Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I cannot stand this dude Wale!! Wack ass music, like his ? is deep! Dude is corny (IMO).... and its her music. If you let one person (Janet) destroy your creativity, then you are not as creative as you think bru.
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Quit hating on bro. Janet acts like selfish ? . Talking about song being too nasty when she made album (Damita Jo) dedicated to her nastiness. Her career is dead anyway.
  • AP21
    edited February 2015
    Options
    tbh, this song is a remix or maybe a part 2 to his song 90210 off his first album.

too bad Janet dont appreciate good music

but can anyone shed some light on how Kanye was able to use Syleena Johnson in lieu of Lauryn Hill when she didnt wanna clear the sample for All falls down?

@TheEyeronic1?
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She say aint nobody love her so she cut her wristtt.