Options

Comments

• J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    blacktux wrote: »
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    Always funny hearing white people ? about not being able to use ? , knowing their history behind the word, why the ? are you so upset and complaining that you cant use it in the first place? I ask them that ? everytime they want to bring up with they cant use it and its not like yall dont use the word regardless of how we feel about it or not

Cause they get fired and told not to say it in any context creating a ridiculous double standard.

White people are upset because they can't control the word.

They control everything else about black people.......except for this word.

How do they not control a word they created?

Yall really think white people are sitting around their house like "? ,i wish i could say ? right about now"

LOL

Yes they are sitting around wishing they had the green light.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    If that word is still a part of your daily vocab today you are a ? clown.

And if you know the history and still use it as a black person? You are a ? idiot.

LOL at that acronym. Sad as ? .
    I understand your point and I don't disagree at all. But flipping a derogatory word and using it as a term of endearment as a ? you to those whites is imo ill.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    Tired of this ? man. Tired of this discussion coming up every time a white person gets caught being racist. They said ? and meant it in a bad way point blank period. Why we act like ? ain't been around since the 60s and 70s?

It's older tHan that
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mark made some great points "when we talking bout race and racism sometimes white people need to just listen"

im ok with what trinidad said too even tho i know these fugazi militants who never contributed ? bout to ? him for saying he'd be ok with a white using it as a term of endearment. not that id necessarily feel the same

i think cnn and dem underrate these rappers abilities to articulate themselves too.

With whites, ? turns into ? when mad. Rarely will a Black person try to dehumanize another Black person by calling them a ? .

Like ? ,uncle tom,? , and the oh so popular "? " yall use around here are any better.
    not ? though, notice that. Also those words are often use in how Black people act around or for whites/non black.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's deeper than rap.
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Always funny hearing white people ? about not being able to use ? , knowing their history behind the word, why the ? are you so upset and complaining that you cant use it in the first place? I ask them that ? everytime they want to bring up with they cant use it and its not like yall dont use the word regardless of how we feel about it or not

Cause they get fired and told not to say it in any context creating a ridiculous double standard.

The double standards white people have against black people far outweights yall not being able to say ? but like I asked before why does it bother you guys that yall cant say it?

Its good you acknowledge its a double standard but the solution can't be who can get the most double standards.

Show the double standards against black people and fight for them to be corrected.

Speech should be protected for all races not just "that white guy said ? ,lets ? him over." Because then to be fair you would have to do that for all people that use words that could be deemed offensive.

And the "why do you guys wanna say it" argument. Cause its a right. Just like you have the right to say any words you want to.

• power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It kills me how black people care about white people being upset about blacks using the word and whites not being able to. Did they care about black people feeling when they whipped your great, great grandfather backs in the cotton fields. Or when they pollute our communities with drugs. Or when their court systems let off police officers and wantabes who ? unarmed black people. The point is who cares. I as a black man I'm going to say what I want. I have no racist views towards black, nor any other people of any race. So with all these racial issues going on today, if a white person wants to use the N word that bad, then let the black race enslave your people, ? your women and try to block your progression for the next 400 years. And then we will be even. Stop ? about ? and covering up the real issues. I can't park in handicap parking or have veterans benefits because I haven't had the same experiences. Just like Whites haven't had the Black experience. Let's start loving and respecting each other rather then conning each other with bs about wrong doings.
  • J.J._Evans
    Options
    It kills me how black people care about white people being upset about blacks using the word and whites not being able to. Did they care about black people feeling when they whipped your great, great grandfather backs in the cotton fields. Or when they pollute our communities with drugs. Or when their court systems let off police officers and wantabes who ? unarmed black people. The point is who cares. I as a black man I'm going to say what I want. I have no racist views towards black, nor any other people of any race. So with all these racial issues going on today, if a white person wants to use the N word that bad, then let the black race enslave your people, ? your women and try to block your progression for the next 400 years. And then we will be even. Stop ? about ? and covering up the real issues. I can't park in handicap parking or have veterans benefits because I haven't had the same experiences. Just like Whites haven't had the Black experience. Let's start loving and respecting each other rather then conning each other with bs about wrong doings.

Good post man.

Maybe I'm reading the underlined wrong, but why would you possibly have racist views towards black people if you're black?
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? comes from ? that comes from ?

Nothing to do with "negus"

Whats your point.

You could say that ? comes from ? which comes from niger which comes from ? which comes from Negus.

If negus means black you could.

Because ? is the spanish word for black
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White people always have to be so ? difficult!
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The double standards white people have against black people far outweights yall not being able to say ? but like I asked before why does it bother you guys that yall cant say it?

Its good you acknowledge its a double standard but the solution can't be who can get the most double standards.

Show the double standards against black people and fight for them to be corrected.

Speech should be protected for all races not just "that white guy said ? ,lets ? him over." Because then to be fair you would have to do that for all people that use words that could be deemed offensive.

And the "why do you guys wanna say it" argument. Cause its a right. Just like you have the right to say any words you want to.
    The speech is protected. White people are not jailed for saying ? /a.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White people went so far to make us hate each other that they changed the definition of the origin word from black to ignorant. Think about that. Now they got us arguing against ourselves. We aren't supposed to use a word that describes our skin in its proper context, because they want to use it incorrectly to troll and spread hate. Is it any different from them call us blacky?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    mark made some great points "when we talking bout race and racism sometimes white people need to just listen"

im ok with what trinidad said too even tho i know these fugazi militants who never contributed ? bout to ? him for saying he'd be ok with a white using it as a term of endearment. not that id necessarily feel the same

i think cnn and dem underrate these rappers abilities to articulate themselves too.

With whites, ? turns into ? when mad. Rarely will a Black person try to dehumanize another Black person by calling them a ? .

Like ? ,uncle tom,? , and the oh so popular "? " yall use around here are any better.

The word isn't used in emphasis as a singular insult. ? , uncle tom and ? has never been used in an embracing context nor does their origin derive from anything other then insult unlike ? , which actually means black.
  • J.J._Evans
    Options
    ? comes from ? that comes from ?

Nothing to do with "negus"

Whats your point.

You could say that ? comes from ? which comes from niger which comes from ? which comes from Negus.

If negus means black you could.

Because ? is the spanish word for black

I'm not gonna get into a "definition" or "antonym" debate with you.

Black people took over the white word ? and turned it into ? , which is now a word that's exclusively used by black people. White people are mad because they want to control black people and they want use of the word again. Black people have said no. Why do you have a problem with it?
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah cnn - let's all gloss over the fact that they were joyously singing about hanging black people from trees and practicing discrimination.
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Good post man.

Maybe I'm reading the underlined wrong, but why would you possibly have racist views towards black people if you're black?

Thanks, I said that to show that if I said the word it would have no racial or negative meaning behind it. Unless I put a negative word in front of it. No one going to have a slight thought that I'm racist or using it in that way. With a white person the same can't be said.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    Check out the comments on this site to see how white people truly feel about the definition of the word ? . It was changed over the years to illuminate its orgin and emphasize its misuse and they are made that it doesn't mean ignorant, lazy and thief. Yup, they want that word back so bad.

http://www.learnersdictionary.com/definition/?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sigh. Why tf is Trinidad James on CNN. I said this during Ferguson...
    S2J wrote: »

Man ? rap and rappers. Okay? That is not the pinnacle of black culture. Get out the fukin house.

I get tired of havin to explain away names, have caveats of 'oh yes im a positive brother but this is why i rap about killing'. I get tired of watching Politically Correct and all the panelists have their regular, full name, then 'and here's rapper ____.' Im tired of seeing the most serious of conversations on huge stages and we bein introduced by nicknames. Like we're fukin caricatures. ? rappers. We bigger than just that

denzelmalcolmx.gif
  • blacktux
    Options
    Why do black people have to piggyback off of a hateful WHITE WORD and "turn it into something endearing"

Why cant black people just create and stand on their own.

Back in the black power/civil rights era it was all brother/? /king and black people acted accordingly.

Now its ? and black people act accordingly!

Words are powerful, you either slow or just stubborn to still defend the use of that word.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    Why do black people have to piggyback off of a hateful WHITE WORD and "turn it into something endearing"

Why cant black people just create and stand on their own.

Back in the black power/civil rights era it was all brother/? /king and black people acted accordingly.

Now its ? and black people act accordingly!

Words are powerful, you either slow or just stubborn to still defend the use of that word.

You make a 5 course meal out of scrapes brah. It's just what black folks do to get by.
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your right they won't be jailed for it but they will lose jobs, be thrown out of school and be told its something you can't say. Whereas any other race says anything and its completely fine.

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your right they won't be jailed for it but they will lose jobs, be thrown out of school and be told its something you can't say. Whereas any other race says anything and its completely fine.

Stop Lying. White folks aren't just saying ? . They are threatening Blacks with Violence and Death.

• blacktux
    Options
    Nah thats what slaves do to get by, we past that.

All im saying is lets do better.

Its disgusting watching yall PROUDLY defending that white word KNOWING where it came from.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Its disgusting watching yall PROUDLY defending that white word KNOWING where it came from.

My ? ?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

Where did it come from?