Options
12346»

Comments

• Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    blacktux wrote: »
    Cooning is going out of the way to assure white people approve/are comfortable.

^^^^^
    this post caught a few nosigns, but this the very context in which several posters on here use the term. others use it in the way Charlamayne defined it in the Vlad video.

i think the term is over-used on here though. like some of these posters love calling another black person '? ' and never pass up an opportunity to use it.. i don't understand that.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    jaxn wrote: »
    he's rights the media continues to show weak black males on 99.9% of tv/movie. Lee Daniels, apparently is pushing this agenda as well.

Peep Walking Dead all the black males on the show are weak and pathetic. I commented on that Sunday and ? thought I said some off the wall ? .

I said that to my wife as well. And Tyrese's character was a beast in the comics too, so they really did him ? .

Being a black and powerful man is too much for white america to handle apparently. They love anything that emasculates black men. And all the better if we do it for them. Hence why this show is so successful.

I only read the comics for now. Are u telling me they made tyrese into a ? on the show?

Not tyrese, lock him in a room full of zombies for days, if u c him vs a horde of zombies pray for the zombies tyrese?!

Not tyrese that'll ? his white ? , chill for a second then go get some throat from samurai bad ass michonne? !

That's the ? they emasculated on the tv show.......smh foh with that.
    The trades>>>>>
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    [img]https://scontent-mia.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11070488_10204162205635166_3355969611569671570_n.jpg?oh=5ed2e78dc88501587c8f0b461a4ab0d5&oe=55B9B460[/img]

giphy.gif

Can someone tell me what's abusive about this gif?

If the muthafuckas that flagged me say it's because he ain't wearing a shirt, I'm gonna direct them to the wrestling & boxing sections of this website that are full of shirtless ? .
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Racism is profitable

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nischelle turner is fine
  • kittykat89
    kittykat89 Members Posts: 60 ✭✭
    Options
    Haven't watched it, looks intriguing from the previews...def was planning on binge watching when I get a weekend off.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    he's right. the media continues to show weak black males on 99.9% of tv/movie. Lee Daniels, apparently is pushing this agenda as well.

Peep Walking Dead all the black males on the show are weak and pathetic. I commented on that Sunday and ? thought I said some off the wall ? .

yep and I dig the walking dead but only one black male had ? on the show. T-dogg had 15 lines in three seasons and died saving a white chick. Out of the three black inmates in the prison, the biggest one was a ? , the next biggest was ok, the last was a piece of trash. Tyreese started off as a G, but then somehow after being in a zombie apocalypse for 2 years, he became a ? who couldn't handle it. Morgan may get a little shine but that's if he ever catches up with the group. Sasha and Michonne are far more stronger than any black man on the show.

Black men in the majority of tv shows/movies are either cowards, ? , comic relief or sidekicks. They will all die trying to save a white chick. You can pick damn near any show or movie and the above will be the formula, unless they are just on some straight ignorant ? like in the majority of these ratchet ass "black" shows. Whenever I tried watching Empire i was just amazed at how badly its written and how our people are being portrayed. What family has three sons that all appear to be ? , but the oldest "successful" brother is a nut who dates a white chick, the middle brother is ? for no reason, the younger son is a caricature. I understand some folks are saying its like Dallas, but the problem is, damn near ALL of our shows are like Dallas. Where are the positive images of our people? We don't all sing and play sports. We are engineers, scientists, educators, doctors. We are not limited to this ridiculous ? being pushed on the big screen.

Media will also not show black couples. It PAINS them to show black excellence. Every sister falls over herself for a white guy in just about every show i've seen. That's one of the reasons its hard to watch Sleepy Hollow. Apart from it getting lame, the two sisters on there goes nuts over white dudes. Flash? Iris is in love with every white guy on the show. Its sad. Our children can't see black excellence on the big screen, but they can find some ratchet ? wherever they look
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    Like Water wrote: »
    he's rights the media continues to show weak black males on 99.9% of tv/movie. Lee Daniels, apparently is pushing this agenda as well.

I said that to my wife as well. And Tyrese's character was a beast in the comics too, so they really did him ? .

Being a black and powerful man is too much for white america to handle apparently. They love anything that emasculates black men. And all the better if we do it for them. Hence why this show is so successful.

I only read the comics for now. Are u telling me they made tyrese into a ? on the show?

Not tyrese, lock him in a room full of zombies for days, if u c him vs a horde of zombies pray for the zombies tyrese?!

Not tyrese that'll ? his white ? , chill for a second then go get some throat from samurai bad ass michonne? !

That's the ? they emasculated on the tv show.......smh foh with that.
    The trades>>>>>

Tyreese became so soft it was laughable. This dude died reminiscing about kids he doesn't even know. One of the silliest deaths on the show.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Empire and ? anyone who watches that ? .
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    my opinion on the Wire, is while it had its share of portraying (and probably very accurately) hood imagery, the show had substance where Empire (as entertaining as it may be) does not.

By the time the wire went off, people wanted to see spinoffs of the wire in other areas of the country. Empire could go off today or tomorrow and im pretty sure no one would give af

Don't ever compare The Wire to Empire
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    No need to post ? pics fam...

I would have banned you if I was a mod...

And that's why your ? isn't a mod, because you don't understand a relatively simple concept such as "context." Ya boy and Zombie are the most vehemently anti-? people on this broad. So this the ? picture that was posted wasn't gratuitous or for shock value. The picture of the ? suckers was posted in regards to the overall theme of the thread, which is is, Empire a ratchet show? Not trying to incite an argument, but dude if you don't have the ability to discern whether or not something on the broad is germane to the conversation, then you have absolutely no business whatsoever being a moderator on this message board.
    Lmao so now there is difference between a Uncle Tom and a ? ?

Actually there is. I made this thread a few months back, The History of Negative Black Stereotypes, The Brute Caricature (Warning LONG ASS READ!) http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/524980/the-history-of-negative-black-stereotypes-the-brute-caricature-warning-long-ass-read/p1 and it gives an origin and the breakdown of negative black stereotypes.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man the word "? " has been used and watered down so much lately I can't even tell you which is which these days outside of the BLATANTLY obvious cases( I think I'll make that the topic for the week 13 video). Starting to sound like something folks use to say when someone else disagrees with you. Whatever, I watch Empire, and I know that PLENTY of white people like it too. Had some old lady(I'm talking senior citizen) come up to me at work and say my hair looks like the young guy's on Empire.

Showing black folks as dealers, stealers, killers, and vandals/
    Yet praised 6 seasons of Walt White bustin' out the bando ~ Shenco

Idk how that last line fits this whole thing, but it does.
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't watch TWD if you don't like it. I don't watch Empire cuz it's on some ? ?
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No need to post ? pics fam...

I would have banned you if I was a mod...

And that's why your ? isn't a mod, because you don't understand a relatively simple concept such as "context." Ya boy and Zombie are the most vehemently anti-? people on this broad. So this the ? picture that was posted wasn't gratuitous or for shock value. The picture of the ? suckers was posted in regards to the overall theme of the thread, which is is, Empire a ratchet show? Not trying to incite an argument, but dude if you don't have the ability to discern whether or not something on the broad is germane to the conversation, then you have absolutely no business whatsoever being a moderator on this message board.

I'm learning that some of these goofy ? simply flag a post when they don't like the poster or that poster ethered them in another thread. The content of what you post here doesn't matter more than the poster's username that's posting.

Not one of the people that flagged my post in this thread could give a reason why the post should be flagged......LOL.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a legit question not trying to be funny or nothing (never watched Empire) but is there a difference between Empire and a show like Modern Family in terms of the ? characters?
  • Ilike2get baked
    Ilike2get baked Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok so we are comparing the Wire to Empire??...smmfh. ...not even close in terms of content or characters....damn ? doing anything to defend this Empire ? ...
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm glad the show is doing well, a all black cast on tv breaking records is going to do more good than bad. With that being said it is coonery and pushes the same stereotype over.

Problem is a lot of blacks these days are so ? stupid and caught in their emotions to see the bigger picture. As long as the same theme is being recycled black actors and actresses are going to be pigeon hole into roles when competing against whites. Breaking the mold and showing diversity is important. Empire is cool and glad it's having a good run it's first season, but I'm relieved to see others agreeing and seeing the bigger picture on here.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Power is the OG show made by the OG 50

Kys for watching a show on fox