• GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    to be fair it just happened yesterday lol

• GetoBoy
    Options
    Pico wrote: »
    Hey guys! Just got back from the club, they didn't play any Kendrick songs wtf.

Because it ain't a club album......smh fair skinned ?

On another note....I think ppl don't like albums like this and lupe ? is because it's complicated and challenging. People want ABC rap because they can comprehend it. So for the dumb mufuckas...........YOU GONE BE ALRIGHT!!!

@G.Avant like I said go do some catching up... When did hours become days??? But you got this my ?
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »

On another note....I think ppl don't like albums like this and lupe ? is because it's complicated and challenging. People want ABC rap because they can comprehend it. So for the dumb mufuckas...........YOU GONE BE ALRIGHT!!!

@G.Avant like I said go do some catching up... When did hours become days??? But you got this my ?

one to all yall whining and trolling on damn near every page, but this the norm though for an album thread so its whatever.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »

one to all yall whining and trolling on damn near every page, but this the norm though for an album thread so its whatever.

Ok bruh cool story....
  • TheGOAT
    Options

Negus.... Complexion
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think people are more frustrated with the commentary of good feelings around the album evolving into hyperbole regarding this being the best album of the last 10 years. I like the album, but let's not reach to the ends of space time.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I mainly have issues with the album pushing religion just like his last albums, but it's not overly irritating since it does not distract too much from his core introspective on blackness in America. I like the vibe and lyricism, but still yet, I've heard better albums over the past 10 years that didn't have to use Jazz to prove their weight. The beats are ill for the most part even though some of the earlier beats are a bit too experimental (or clumsy).
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    I mainly have issues with the album pushing religion just like his last albums, but it's not overly irritating since it does not distract too much from his core introspective on blackness in America. I like the vibe and lyricism, but still yet, I've heard better albums over the past 10 years that didn't have to use Jazz to prove their weight. The beats are ill for the most part even though some of the earlier beats are a bit too experimental (or clumsy).

I wouldn't call it pushing religion. Its his album & his story. I don't let that get to me.
    Im non religious but my favorite artist is Curtis Mayfield and some of his best songs are tied to religion. And i can still enjoy them.

If you are referring to "Lucifer" i view Lucifer less as the actual devil in hell and more the evils and temptations of the real world we live in.

Religious people can take that and say its "the devil" i can disagree... but at the end of the day we are all talkin about the same thing.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Off of first listen i give it a 3.5 but i'm gonna let it sink in. To be honest the production is pretty average and it's not too many stand out tracks. The second half is better than the first half imo.

My issue with conscious raps is if you're gonna do it then you have to make sure the production is fire to balance it out. Something Ice Cube mastered in his younger days.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The end of the year poll will be very tight imo
  • CHICAGO_BREED
    CHICAGO_BREED Members Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

smh u ? ...when yall go learn choice of music dont have that much to do with how intelligent someone is.

The devil is a lie and the truth ain't in you........oh you have to be intelligent to understand some of this music or else you just listening to beats with no content
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

smh u ? ...when yall go learn choice of music dont have that much to do with how intelligent someone is.

The devil is a lie and the truth ain't in you........oh you have to be intelligent to understand some of this music or else you just listening to beats with no content

? GOAT
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Democrips and Rebloodicans.
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Wait why can't people Have an opinion and think this is one of the best albums? If a person feel like that let them Foh
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at ? tryna tell you what kind of music you have to like if you don't like this album becuz that can be the only explanation for why you wouldn't like this album..... Maybe just maybe some ? don't fill this ? is the end all be all of music *shrugs*

Bitter "Fetty Wap" fan post.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    Democrips and Rebloodicans.

51H1%2Bq7lFFL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? really reminds me of a Common album. Good replay value. Says a lot tho damn good album and I don't even think it tops his first 2.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And it's funny how this became a problem with this album even though ? been going on for years but okay

• Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The duluxe edition of TPAB will be my first physical hip hop purchase since Idlewild.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    ? really reminds me of a Common album. Good replay value. Says a lot tho damn good album and I don't even think it tops his first 2.

Yeah man I'm in the same boat. You can't go wrong with any of the 3
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had to buy some new headphones yesterday since I lost all mine in a wreck a few weeks ago. "Alright" was already my favorite track but cellphone speakers did this work of art no justice whatsoever. Laaaaaawd this ? sounds amazing!
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    Lol at ? tryna tell you what kind of music you have to like if you don't like this album becuz that can be the only explanation for why you wouldn't like this album..... Maybe just maybe some ? don't fill this ? is the end all be all of music *shrugs*

Bitter "Fetty Wap" fan post.

This ? was boo boo *Kendrick voice*