Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    One pic? ONE PIC?

3 pics my ?
  • the known unknown
    the known unknown Members Posts: 116 ✭✭
    Options
    Happy for her but these issues i really dont care for there more important things going on with the world than a silly beauty pageant.

• So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7605473268_06285415de_m.jpg

Ha ha..

Yep...

hqdefault.jpg

I loved me some Kinu.
  • GodSpeed215
    GodSpeed215 Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need a side picture of her ass to judge her blackness further......But I’d undeniably soil her yellow skin
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »
    Damn shame!!

The beauty queen criticized for not being Japanese enough

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/25/asia/japans-biracial-beauty-queen/index.html

Tokyo (CNN)A biracial beauty queen in Japan is facing criticism for not being Japanese enough.

Half-Japanese and half African-American, Miss Nagasaki Ariana Miyamoto is the first-ever mixed-race Miss Universe Japan.

Some say she doesn't represent Japan's demographic, while others champion the model, proud that she is overcoming racial hurdles and helping to expand the definition of what it means to be Japanese.

I can't even be mad at them for that honestly. Japan is one of the most ethnically homegeneous places out there. As stupid as beauty pageants might be, it stands to reason it would rub a few people the wrong way that the paragon of beauty at least for this year doesn't even look like the vast majority of the population.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need a side picture of her ass to judge her blackness further......But I’d undeniably soil her yellow skin

if her ass is as big as her forehead, we might have a winner.

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nice little fine thing.
  • So ILL
    Options
    Damn shame!!

Tokyo (CNN)A biracial beauty queen in Japan is facing criticism for not being Japanese enough.

Half-Japanese and half African-American, Miss Nagasaki Ariana Miyamoto is the first-ever mixed-race Miss Universe Japan.

Some say she doesn't represent Japan's demographic, while others champion the model, proud that she is overcoming racial hurdles and helping to expand the definition of what it means to be Japanese.

I can't even be mad at them for that honestly. Japan is one of the most ethnically homegeneous places out there. As stupid as beauty pageants might be, it stands to reason it would rub a few people the wrong way that the paragon of beauty at least for this year doesn't even look like the vast majority of the population.

? that, she was born and raised in Japan, so she's Japanese. They can't get mad that her mother had some chocolate and she came out and won the crown fair and square. If people were that serious about a more traditional (i.e. with no black blood or features, let's keep it real) Japanese woman winning, they would have voted another girl to win in the first place.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    Damn shame!!

? that, she was born and raised in Japan, so she's Japanese. They can't get mad that her mother had some chocolate and she came out and won the crown fair and square. If people were that serious about a more traditional (i.e. with no black blood or features, let's keep it real) Japanese woman winning, they would have voted another girl to win in the first place.

Japan is not America you can't just be born in Japan and claim to be really Japanese. They are not just a nation they are an ethnicity

She should be allowed to represent the nation but she's clearly not Japanese
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    she was born and raised in Japan, but she's not Japanese?? makes sense

not every nation is jus soli like the US.

anyway, she's gorgeous and smash, but i'm not too mad at criticism that she's not "Japanese enough"
  • So ILL
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Damn shame!!

Japan is not America you can't just be born in Japan and claim to be really Japanese. They are not just a nation they are an ethnicity

I see you clearly missed the part where it says that she was born in Japan to a Japanese woman.
  • zombie
    Options
    Damn shame!!

I see you clearly missed the part where it says that she was born in Japan to a Japanese woman.

That doesn't mean anything, it's not enough the Japanese as a whole take pride in their blood.
  • Focal Point
    Options
    okay this is like saying Obama is not black enough to be called the first black president.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    okay this is like saying Obama is not black enough to be called the first black president.

no its not. not every nation is the same. being born in Japan doesn't make you Japanese according to their laws
  • zombie
    Options

Black is a term that encompasses the entire race. Obama is black but he's not really African American and not all blacks are African Americans.

Do you understand that Japanese is a separate ethnicity?? To be ethnically Japanese both your mother and father have to be Japanese.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

anyway, she's gorgeous and smash, but i'm not too mad at criticism that she's not "Japanese enough"

agreed she fine. and I was stationed in Japan for 3 years. so I know its not like the US, but if your born in Japan you get a Japanese passport= Being Japanese.. now her not looking fully Japanese is obvious.. shes half & half. don't see the issue here
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    she gonna have to deny her ties to minister farrakhan

What video is that bruh? In your sig?
  • zombie
    Options

agreed she fine. and I was stationed in Japan for 3 years. so I know its not like the US, but if your born in Japan you get a Japanese passport= Being Japanese.. now her not looking fully Japanese is obvious.. shes half & half. don't see the issue here

Having a passport does not change your genetic make up.

It doesn't change the history of your ancestors origins stop trying to imprint the American way of seeing ethnicity onto others
  • Focal Point
    Options

Black is a term that encompasses the entire race. Obama is black but he's not really African American and not all blacks are African Americans.

Do you understand that Japanese is a separate ethnicity?? To be ethnically Japanese both your mother and father have to be Japanese.

Then every Asian country has a separate ethnicity instead of a nationality.

They all fall under Asian or whatever the term is that encompasses the people from China all the way to India. Her nationality is Japanese
    She was raised Japanese
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Based on my Google search, she has the typical super skinny pageant body. Long legs, not much ? and...sorry fellas...no ass.
  • Focal Point
    Options

no its not. not every nation is the same. being born in Japan doesn't make you Japanese according to their laws

Her mother was born in Japan...