The Truth Behind The Jay-Z & Jadakiss Beef

Options

Comments

• raheemclassick
    raheemclassick Members Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    antoseeg wrote: »
    I don't know what to think about this. This guy said that Jadakiss got offered the biggest budget out of all the rappers. But this was during Prime DMX, Ja Rule, and Jay-Z days at Def Jam. Also, Eve and LL Cool J where going platinum during this time. When Jadakiss worked on something, it was never the biggest project where he was at. The LOX weren't huge on Bad Boy, or on the Ruff Ryders label. It's crazy to think that any label would think that Jadakiss could be the next big solo rapper compared to everybody else.

Just think about this. In most people's eyes, the highlight of perhaps the biggest song he has ever been on, "Money Power Respect" is the DMX feature at the end. And during this time when this guy on Youtube is saying that Jadakiss was primed to be a bigger star than everybody else, DMX had just dropped ...And Then There Was X.

Jada wasn't on Def Jam for his first album, he was on the Ruff Ryders / Interscope label. That ? karceno is A goofball"
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Sounds speculative. Jadakiss was huge in the late 90s, early 2000s tho.

Not necessarily. The buzz in NY at the time was big, but I remember when the album dropped, nothing much happened after.
  • raheemclassick
    raheemclassick Members Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Similar reason to the 50 and Nas beef over a j.Lo song.

But jay had repeat offenses and was a part owner in the biz kiss was signed to.
    Jada wasn't on Def Jam for his first album, he was on the Ruff Ryders / Interscope label.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who gives a ? ? kiss is known more for his laugh than any of his raps

You buggin
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I swear S. Carter is the Hulk Hogan of hip-hop.

Jay Hogan stay ? dudes over behind the scenes.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know what to think about this. This guy said that Jadakiss got offered the biggest budget out of all the rappers. But this was during Prime DMX, Ja Rule, and Jay-Z days at Def Jam. Also, Eve and LL Cool J where going platinum during this time. When Jadakiss worked on something, it was never the biggest project where he was at. The LOX weren't huge on Bad Boy, or on the Ruff Ryders label. It's crazy to think that any label would think that Jadakiss could be the next big solo rapper compared to everybody else.

Just think about this. In most people's eyes, the highlight of perhaps the biggest song he has ever been on, "Money Power Respect" is the DMX feature at the end. And during this time when this guy on Youtube is saying that Jadakiss was primed to be a bigger star than everybody else, DMX had just dropped ...And Then There Was X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFCnMmtGUBg

As far as buzzes go for a debut album Jada's might of been top 3 all time, I remember those songs that leaked which also helped his buzz because those songs were Classic material, Jada was everywhere killin ? at the time its not far fetched

Come on now... Jadakiss had buzz, but it wasn't DMX "Ruff Ryders Anthem" type buzz. Hell, the two LOX albums together have only sold 2 million copies. During the time period of the LOX's debut, till the time Jadakiss got to work on his solo project, DMX dropped three albums that each outsold the LOX's career numbers; Jay-Z dropped two that did it; and Ja Rule dropped one that did it.

This guy's statement is crazy. It would be illogical to give Jadakiss a bigger budget than Jay-Z during any stage of Jay-Z's career after Vol. 1.

Not sure Ruff Ryders anthem dropped before the album, thought that single dropped after the album was already out but I could be wrong about that, he's not exaggerating Jada's buzz at the time, the budget thing could be a lie I don't know but it sounds legit, if you were too young at the time and weren't paying attention then its easy to look back and say Jada didn't sell like them or Jada didn't put out as good of an album than them but from putting work in with the Lox including We are the streets which was a street classic at the time and being the most anticipated to drop his first solo out of the group, joining DMX to form the Ruff Ryders who were bigger than the Roc at the time, shining more than any artist on ruff ryders vol 2 on Eve'? , on WW3 with Snoop and Scarface, his solo track and the lox track, his funk flex vol 4 freestyle which was arguably the highlight of the album, showing up on John Blaze with NY's most respected, all the classic tracks that did leak when his buzz was at its highest, killing multiple remixes (My lifestyle, keepin it gangsta, put yo hood up etc), multiple collaborative albums (Funk flex, Clue, Violator), showing up on R&B hits (Mya, Mary J, Sunshine Anderson), hell even the Iverson commercial, I would say the beef with Beans but that probably didn't help him, Jada's buzz was as big as anyone going into his debut, just didn't deliver
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didnt watch the vid but I disagree
  • dwade206
    Options
    smp4life wrote: »
    50 put Jada in his place.

This is actually funny because I was a big 50 fan at the time and even I noticed 50 was dropping doo doo bars. Case in point...

I Run NY - "Because he ain't got none of that ? he say that he got. And he ain't did none of that ? he said that he did. And I got time be talking about this ? , ? ? !"

Smh, this ? really said that ? . Even the dj who premiered on Hot 97 said it was garbage. Beat is dope though.
  • dwade206
    Options
    More doo doo bars.

300 Shots - "I got big boy toys, when y'all gon grow up. ? , knick knack patty wack, give a dog a bone, I'm still down to sell ? out a fiend's home."

...bruh
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at a ? being able to just create any story and ppl don't even question it they just run with it as fact....so kiss had the biggest budget and was the hottest thing out but he needed a look on a Mya track??? The track with Mya and kiss was so hot on the charts jay had to be on the remix but it only spent 2 weeks on the charts and that was at #50??? And why would jay worry about kiss budget wasn't ruff ryders with interscope and not def jam??? Lmao but hey I guess....
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Lol at a ? being able to just create any story and ppl don't even question it they just run with it as fact....so kiss had the biggest budget and was the hottest thing out but he needed a look on a Mya track??? The track with Mya and kiss was so hot on the charts jay had to be on the remix but it only spent 2 weeks on the charts and that was at #50??? And why would jay worry about kiss budget wasn't ruff ryders with interscope and not def jam??? Lmao but hey I guess....

I don't know about the budget part,
    But as far as jay jumping on all of the remixes to Jadakiss songs,
    ? been saying this since the early 2000's..

I remember Dj Clue dropping the original and the remixes back to back..
    The most blatant was "Fiesta" and Best of Me"..
    cause they were both hit songs and Jay made the remix and stole Jada's shine..
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay repeatedly shows he puts business over personal relationships.

That's been apparent from jump

for real, he been rapping about it since he came in the game. true old school hustler
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Cut that ? off after dude said kiss had a bigger budget than jigga
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I dont know what battle you heard but the actual battle is the most lopsided battle in hip hop. Jada and the rest of the lox killed 50 unless you one of them dudes that like to unnecessarily bring record sales into the equation
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    Oh and with that being said, that first jada solo is disappointing as hell. Completely fell apart after the jay jerkin skit. his last album was his best
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When Jada had that solo song on RR 1st compilation album his buzz was CRAZY on the streets.. This when everybody wasnt even ? wit the internet like that.. In philly ? was fiendin for a new kiss song/freestyle/whatever.. It was more 50 like to me rather than banks.. At least at a street level..
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »

What song did you hear cause checkmate put a foot in 50 ass

Jada' don't ? with me, if you wanna eat
    Cause I'll do yo' little ass like Jay did Mobb Deep
    Yeah ? in New York ? like your vocals
    But that's only New York dawg, yo' ass is local
  • smp4life
    Options
    Only rapper to ever win a beef/battle against 50 is Game
  • smp4life
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »

This is actually funny because I was a big 50 fan at the time and even I noticed 50 was dropping doo doo bars. Case in point...

I Run NY - "Because he ain't got none of that ? he say that he got. And he ain't did none of that ? he said that he did. And I got time be talking about this ? , ? ? !"

Smh, this ? really said that ? . Even the dj who premiered on Hot 97 said it was garbage. Beat is dope though.

The beat is from a Mobb Deep track called "Cobra"
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    I mean ? , yayo had a better verse than 50 on I run NY, Thats how garbage that ? was
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »

What song did you hear cause checkmate put a foot in 50 ass

Jada' don't ? with me, if you wanna eat
    Cause I'll do yo' little ass like Jay did Mobb Deep
    Yeah ? in New York ? like your vocals
    But that's only New York dawg, yo' ass is local

And then what happen? ?? The lox put all types of feet in 50 ass checkmate sorry miss Jackson, if i could sing shots fired etc come on man