How Real Is, This [2014-2015 Brooklyn Nets Thread]

Options

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Hollins needs to figure out a rotation where the reserves aren't letting teams back into the game. What should have been an easy W got close cause the reserves let the Blazers creep back in. But we got the W. Gotta win at least 2 of these last 5 games. Orlando and the Bucks are the games they gotta win.
    I'd consider moving Thad to the bench just for instant offense off the bench.
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    thank ? , Jarrett Jack is in the bushes, no wonder we're playing better

With Williams playing so well of late, Jarrett Jack’s role has been greatly diminished.

After playing at least 20 minutes in every game he played in from Dec. 8 to March 21, Jack has played fewer than 20 minutes six of the past nine. He has played fewer than 15 in three of the past four, including 11 minutes on Monday, finishing with three points on 1-for-3 shooting.

Jack is now a minus-319 on the season, an astronomically bad number that ranks him among the very worst in the NBA. If Williams keeps playing this way, though, there won’t be much need for Jack, who likely will spend most of his games watching from the sidelines.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/07/thaddeus-young-has-saved-the-nets-and-brook-lopez/
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Hollins needs to figure out a rotation where the reserves aren't letting teams back into the game. What should have been an easy W got close cause the reserves let the Blazers creep back in. But we got the W. Gotta win at least 2 of these last 5 games. Orlando and the Bucks are the games they gotta win.

This would mean going small and having Joe at the 4 and thats already proven to be a bad move.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

This would mean going small and having Joe at the 4 and thats already proven to be a bad move.

I'm thinking moving Plumlee to the starting lineup.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    I purposely excluded that idea cause they've done this before and its failed miserably. Brook and Plumlee on the court at the same time diminishes Brook's game A LOT.
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    I purposely excluded that idea cause they've done this before and its failed miserably. Brook and Plumlee on the court at the same time diminishes Brook's game A LOT.
    I think it could work the coaches need to do a better job. When they were out there together they had Brook standing on the perimeter too much. Post up Brook and let Plumlee roam.
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I think it could work the coaches need to do a better job. When they were out there together they had Brook standing on the perimeter too much. Post up Brook and let Plumlee roam.

Dude, Plumlee is not a 4. If you force Plumlee to roam, away from the rim, you're taking away from HIS game.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Part of me feels like you gotta put Joe on the bench. Have him lead the 2nd unit and have Brown & Bogan start.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Dude, Plumlee is not a 4. If you force Plumlee to roam, away from the rim, you're taking away from HIS game.
    I never said roam away from the rim, but you give him the freedom to play off of instinct and see the play and react to what's going on. He could eat off of second chance points and being active on both sides of the court.
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Part of me feels like you gotta put Joe on the bench. Have him lead the 2nd unit and have Brown & Bogan start.

Cosign 100%.. that will give him the freedom to dominate the ball with the second unit and gives Deron a player in Bojan that's good at cutting to the basket
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options

I never said roam away from the rim, but you give him the freedom to play off of instinct and see the play and react to what's going on. He could eat off of second chance points and being active on both sides of the court.

Plumlee and Lopez as a duo defensively are horrid. I wasn't lying when I said this idea has failed miserably.

Cosign 100%.. that will give him the freedom to dominate the ball with the second unit and gives Deron a player in Bojan that's good at cutting to the basket

Both Bojan and Brown can slash to the basket and shoot (well Brown has to develop his shot to be more consistent) I think it makes perfect sense. The only thing you're missing putting Joe on the bench is his passing.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Plumlee and Lopez as a duo defensively are horrid. I wasn't lying when I said this idea has failed miserably.

Both Bojan and Brown can slash to the basket and shoot (well Brown has to develop his shot to be more consistent) I think it makes perfect sense. The only thing you're missing putting Joe on the bench is his passing.

To be fair the coaching wasn't ? earlier in the season. It seems like Lionel finally is figuring out how to utilize the players (still needs to work on his rotations) and is finally playing them to their strengths instead of forcing a square peg in a round hole.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    True, I just don't like the idea of starting them both. It's not like we have a 4th big man who is serviceable
  • Heavy In The Game
    edited April 2015
    Options
    we almost completed the comeback but we fell short

we should have won that game, a lot of missed opportunities in the end
  • Heavy In The Game
    Options
    we handled business last night, good ?
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    These last two games are a reminder that we are utter trash. If we can't beat the Magic at home to clinch that last playoff spot then we don't deserve to make the playoffs. ? we don't even deserve to be in the conversation right now.
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We haven't deserved to make the playoffs all season
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Really dreadful season and it looks like Brook is gonna opt out. 2 horrid performances back to back.
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These last two games are a reminder that we are utter trash. If we can't beat the Magic at home to clinch that last playoff spot then we don't deserve to make the playoffs. ? we don't even deserve to be in the conversation right now.

playoffs-o.gif
  • lion_heart
    Options
    You ? in here still breathing? ? roaches.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Who the ? is this ? ? Yall notice how when she came back? Where were you when they were in 7th place for a solid week? Lol ? dork
  • lion_heart
    Options
    Who the ? is this ? ? Yall notice how when she came back? Where were you when they were in 7th place for a solid week? Lol ? dork

LOL this ? said 7th place for a solid week like that's an accomplishment in a weak Eastern conference. You ? are 37-44 and some of yall talking about playoffs

tumblr_meqvphvlSC1rvcjd7o2_500.gif
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    lion_heart wrote: »

LOL this ? said 7th place for a solid week like that's an accomplishment in a weak Eastern conference. You ? are 37-44 and some of yall talking about playoffs

Yo the point is the last time you were in here barking the team was playing extremely well and you ducked on outta here til today when they are on the verge of being eliminated. Foh struggle ? ...
  • lion_heart
    Options

Yo the point is the last time you were in here barking the team was playing extremely well and you ducked on outta here til today when they are on the verge of being eliminated. Foh struggle ? ...

Dog, the last time I was in here they had lost by like 31 to Atlanta after that they beat a Portland and Washington team with nothing to play for. they are 37-44 let that record sink in.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options

Dog, the last time I was in here they had lost by like 31 to Atlanta after that they beat a Portland and Washington team with nothing to play for. they are 37-44 let that record sink in.

Idk what i'm sinking in. Its been well stated numerous times in this thread how bad this team was. You're not proving anything except you're an idiot struggle trolling.