Options
    31 years? Damn ? I'm 32
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Pico wrote: »
    Aight guess I'll be the bad guy.
    Prosecutor was doing his job ? he need to apologize for?

When he convicted an innocent man he did his job wrong. Everyone involved did.

31 years? ? was probably in Angola, too. Old timers say that place was even worst than it is now back then.

I know that lawyer got money. Break the brother off at least. It'll still be "? you", though.

I hear that place is a ? , we have a cousin that's been locked up there since the 50's, they gave him life. I don't know if he still alive, he in is 80's if he is

Since the 50's?!

? .... damn.... ? was literally in the chain gang. Two of my uncles did time up there. Got a little homie and his brother doing a stretch at that ? now. They're done for pretty much.

Legend has it that a dude used to escape Angola routinely. This was back during the older times. Dude would escape and go to the exact same spot they would find him at every time. His mama house. No hassle, no fuss. Just pick him up and bring him back again. All the way up until she died.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yeah honestly its the ? Judge and DA's hoe assess who should be there moreso than the prosecutor. ? the jury too.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options

yeah honestly its the ? Judge and DA's hoe assess who should be there moreso than the prosecutor. ? the jury too.

Dude probably had a public defender who you know ain't winning no case. He made sure to get an all white jury to stack the deck against him. He took deliberate steps to make sure he got an innocent man convicted. Who's worse, somebody who comes up short or somebody who's tryna deliberately steal from you? At least one of them accomplished what they set out to do but that's what he's apologizing for.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    housemouse wrote: »

Dude probably had a public defender who you know ain't winning no case. He made sure to get an all white jury to stack the deck against him. He took deliberate steps to make sure he got an innocent man convicted. Who's worse, somebody who comes up short or somebody who's tryna deliberately steal from you? At least one of them accomplished what they set out to do but that's what he's apologizing for.

thats the prosecutors job though. Put people away. Win the case. Seems like people are chastising him for putting away an innocent but the reality is and as callous as it is, the possibility of people being innocent doesn't even matter to prosecutors. They'll still take the case, just alter their tactics. Its the nature of the job.

TL; DR version: dont hate the player.....hate the game.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Most of us are 31 or around there..
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    housemouse wrote: »

thats the prosecutors job though. Put people away. Win the case. Seems like people are chastising him for putting away an innocent but the reality is and as callous as it is, the possibility of people being innocent doesn't even matter to prosecutors. They'll still take the case, just alter their tactics. Its the nature of the job.

TL; DR version: dont hate the player.....hate the game.

I don't think it's a prosecutors job to go out of their way to convict an innocent man. Darren Wilson' prosecutor didn't do ? to try and get an indictment and the DA in FL didn't do what she could have to make a strong case against George Zimmermen. You're making an excuse for a prosecutor who stacked the deck with white jurors so he could play to their racism and convict an innocent man. That's not a prosecutors job. That's just exploiting the flaws in the system to circumvent the entire purpose of the criminal justice system.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    So they took 3 decades from him
    He's sick and broke and has to depend on the kindness of strangers
    The "justice" system refuses to pay him the measly restitution in which he's more than owed + more.
    And what's worse is the only reason this situation is getting any media attention is because some ? ass cac who admittedly stacked the decks against an innocent man with no hindrance from the system, is in his feelings and wants forgiveness.

Where's the karma so many believe in?
    Justice?
    Good over evil?
    "The system works"
    ? ?

This old cat has an Uber ? life and it looks like that ain't changing ever.

This.
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Not only did they ruin this guy, but also his family. The man had sons that had to grow up with out a father which in turn could lead to a spiral of negativity. Sons, grandchildrens etc. with ruined lives all because some ? just wanted to put a black man away. A multi million dollar settlement to compensate his offsprings and in turn their offsprings is the least they could do.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oprah get this man a lawyer for a civil suit
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »
    Oprah get this man a lawyer for a civil suit
    throw this man a lil $$$

• qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? judge, how you gonna deny him because of what you think he might have known. Yeah this is done ?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    his family should have whooped his ? ass.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The DA is the prosecutor.
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If this guy was for real... He wouldn't have had abc news taping him.... Smh
    Just trying to show face after story broke out
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    30+ years for a crime you do don't commit, only to get out & then learn you've got less than a year to live. I know life ain't fair, but this type of ? will make you question if ? is real (if you believe in that sort of thing to begin w/).
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    30+ years for a crime you do don't commit, only to get out & then learn you've got less than a year to live. I know life ain't fair, but this type of ? will make you question if ? is real (if you believe in that sort of thing to begin w/).

I hear what you saying regardless of whether a man is guilty or not you don't want to die in prison. There was probably many a night that man prayed if was the praying type "just don't let me die in here"

Its ? up he got told he has 6-8 months to live but at the very least he gets to live them as a free man.

That ? is important my ?
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    .... cuz he did his job wrong

Naa his public defender did.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options

so what exactly do u believe the prosecutors job is?
  • Bussy_Getta
    Options

Get out your feelings.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options

Get out your feelings.

thought so.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Options

Get out your feelings.

thought so.

With your feelings.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options

Get out your feelings.

thought so.

With your feelings.

don't get knocked the ? out, b