The Official Fox Comicbook Cinematic Universe Thread - Coming Soon (Deadpool 2 June 2018)

Options

Comments

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like ? but ok. 1983 x men really???

If it ain't Marvel, it ain't right. Right?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't marvel own the celestials though? Apocalypse just gonna have a generic robot suit?
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nightcrawlerkodismithmcphee-133297.png

18-year-old actor Kodi Smit-McPhee (Slow West) will portray Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner), the teleporting mutant in Bryan Singer's next X-Men film. Seasoned actor Alan ? previously played the role in X2: X-Men United, but Kodi promises his version will be more faithful to the source material.

“I think I’m really going to make it my own because it is kind of going back and its seeing the younger character,” Smit-McPhee told Den of Geek. “I realize the Nightcrawler that is portrayed in X2 is one that has been through quite a bit more and has really embraced the superhero part of him—a kind of violent part. Whereas I think what they’re trying to show here is the more vulnerable Nightcrawler and the one we all kind of related to in the comics. It’s really the fun, happy, swashbuckling Nightcrawler that we all love, so I really can’t wait to portray that. He’s just very vulnerable and truthful, and grounded in his faith. I think it’s something new though that we’ll see."

Here's where things get really interesting, Kodi added, "But as I said, all of the traditional things that we want in it—it’s still there. Hint, hint.”

What's that "hint, hint" mean? I'm speculating, but I would assume he is referring to his parentage. In the comics, it was revealed that shapeshifting mutant Mystique is his mother and ? , the teleporting mutant with demonic-features, is his father.

In the cinematic universe, starting with First Class, both Mystique and ? appeared, played by Jennifer Lawrence and Jason Flemyng. That film was set in 1962 and so it is possible that when we get to X-Men: Apocalypse, which is set in 1983, that Mystique secretly got knocked up by ? and popped out a indigo-skinned baby.

If that ends up being the case, it makes that scene in Days of Future Past where Mystique discovered ? was among the mutants experimented on and killed by Bolivar Trask (Peter Dinklage) devastatingly sad.

X-Men: Apocalypse will arrive in theaters May 27, 2016.
  • Iron man2
    Iron man2 Members Posts: 60 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked Kurt in X2 though and how he portrayed his religious side in the movie.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    image21225.jpg
    First day on set! Here is @kodismitmcpheeofficial as #Nightcrawler. Catch him before he’s gone. #XMenApocalypse #BAMF #XMEN
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    He look super young
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kinda reminding me of the xmen evolution cartoon
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    looks ? denna ?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    image21225.jpg
    First day on set! Here is @kodismitmcpheeofficial as #Nightcrawler. Catch him before he’s gone. #XMenApocalypse #BAMF #XMEN

ACH nein!
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    ? SDFDKLGFJRDGHXGIRFGHUIRTHGTDHY9T5IFYHJB5T9RFO;HJT5RFOIYHJIJTRT!!!!!
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    ? AGE OF ULTRON, ? BATMAN V SUPERMAN, THIS IS THE MOST MOVIE IM ANTICIPATING!!!!

? is making me feel like a lil kid watching Xmen on fox. This movie sounds like its finally giving us that 90s Xmen cartoon version we all wanted!!!! ? the nostalgia bruh uuuuh im ready!!!!
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if the X-Men will finally be an actual functioning team after 5+ movies now.
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    CDn8EOGWIAAtb0h.jpg

Looks like my threats to Fox Studios since X2 letter writing campaign to feature Nightcrawler in a Thriller jacket finally paid off.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^original Deadpool vs Wolverine: Origins Deadpool
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rumor is that singer's xmen universe is over after apocalypse and wolverine 3.

Not sure how much I believe that since they've partially recast everyone already, but it makes sense if wolverine 3 is jackmans last outing as wolverine
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Rumor is that singer's xmen universe is over after apocalypse and wolverine 3.

Not sure how much I believe that since they've partially recast everyone already, but it makes sense if wolverine 3 is jackmans last outing as wolverine

Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, and James McAvoy only have a couple more films on their contract.

I don't know how it's going to work, but it wouldn't surprise me if they go in a different direction. I just hope they don't ? up again.
  • thephantasm
    thephantasm Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Im not really lppking forward to the xmen.

A history of poorly staged fights, lack of athletic credibility of the mutants, not the best characters.

They've been doing this for years now.
  • soul rattler
    Options

A history of poorly staged fights, lack of athletic credibility of the mutants, not the best characters.

You must not have seen Days Of Future's Past
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure why anyone has any faith in the F4 movie either. It literally only exist so that Fox could keep the rights. Its just a rushed cash in.

If Fox knew what they were doing they would reboot and merge the X-Men/F4 universes. They already have control of the best Marvel villians, something the MCU is definitely lacking.
  • thephantasm
    thephantasm Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Options

You must not have seen Days Of Future's Past

Saw it.

It was lo budget, mystique is still in, wolverine is still there, jsut reworked molding.

The best that coulve been done uder cercomstances.

Its falling downhill. Some more.

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Not sure why anyone has any faith in the F4 movie either. It literally only exist so that Fox could keep the rights. Its just a rushed cash in.

If Fox knew what they were doing they would reboot and merge the X-Men/F4 universes. They already have control of the best Marvel villians, something the MCU is definitely lacking.

I'd hardly call it rushed. How long has it been since the first couple F4 films with Jessica Alba? about a decade at least.

if you wanna talk about rushed films just so the studio can keep the rights, look at sony and spiderman