Pico wrote: »
    I live on the eastside. Come thru.

Lies, on lies, on lies
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    As far as where you should stay, it really depends on what you can afford.
    As far as where you shouldn't stay, just don't go too far south or west and you'll be fine.

The media really blows Chicago's crime out of proportion, concentrating on what happens in those two areas, exaggerating it, and applying it to the entire city, which perpetuates massive falsehoods. Chicago is a wondrous place to live; The media is to blame for the Chi's "bad reputation.."

Do make the move tho. You'll love it here. Trust.

e6u4ok.gif

Shouts out to you, Bruh. Some people say I gotta' get outta' Chicago, it's too violent. Nah, they need to change their lives & move up out the ? up neighborhoods they're living in.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bronzeville.

It's a "Black Metropolis". It's where the turkey bacon eating black folk reside, and where we can pretend to have made it. My area is relatively safe, but I still get to enjoy the voyeuristic element of witnessing shootouts by venturing just a few blocks. It's like an added bonus of cultural enrichment. I live in a nice home, but basically, I get to pay a lot of money to live somewhere where my car is still gonna get stolen. It's awesomely refreshing. There was a shooting in my building a few days ago, but I don't feel unsafe at all because it was domestic related and doesn't have ? to do with me (See below). This isn't sarcasm. I honestly wouldn't want to be anywhere else, at least not for awhile. I hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECjKoiIj700

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    OP is good place to live. West lawn, hyde park, around UIC, Beverly , Ashburn- Wrightwood neighborhood, Wicker Park are other pretty good places to live in the city and of course near the loop
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    yeah bronzeville is okay to live. just depends where at though.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    i personally want to move around beverly- morgan park area once im done with school.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    or even wrighwood area
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hood by hood is all I can say. I just moved to a spot and it's old people all around and I'm cool with that. And shout out to the peeps that came through the "Q" on Sunday, we had a good ass time and there was no left overs you greedy fuckas lol
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    9TRAY wrote: »
    Shouts out to you, Bruh. Some people say I gotta' get outta' Chicago, it's too violent. Nah, they need to change their lives & move up out the ? up neighborhoods they're living in.

Real talk.

Unless you're talking tip top tier mega-cities like NYC, London, Paris, and Tokyo, Chicago is as premier a city as they come. It has everything you could ever dream of and more, and is way more affordable than Gotham or LA. Personally, I feel it's quite underrated, but that's for another thread..
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the suburbs.. don't come move here and live in the burbs its pointless. Its all about where will you work and whats your budget. I'll speak in general though where is the most bang for your buck

South Side: Bronzville, Bridgeport are coming up, both close to the loop and by the lake. ? Hyde Park its like living on an island.

West Town has got good deals.. look at Ukrainian Village, Humboldt Park. SW side of Logan Square. Pilzen on the near Southwest side. more NW Wicker Park and Bucktown are getting pricy so ? that ? .

NW side along the Blue line has some of the best deals.. not too far from the loop, safe, quiet residential areas but still with plenty to do. Go for Avondale, Irving Park, Albany Park, Portage Park even if its not too far.

North Side forget about Lake View, Roscoe Village, Lincoln Park all that ? .. too expensive. You can find great deals still in Uptown and Edgewater or Rogers Park if thats not too far for you.
  • king hassan
    Options
    ? the suburbs.. don't come move here and live in the burbs its pointless. Its all about where will you work and whats your budget. I'll speak in general though where is the most bang for your buck

South Side: Bronzville, Bridgeport are coming up, both close to the loop and by the lake. ? Hyde Park its like living on an island.

West Town has got good deals.. look at Ukrainian Village, Humboldt Park. SW side of Logan Square. Pilzen on the near Southwest side. more NW Wicker Park and Bucktown are getting pricy so ? that ? .

NW side along the Blue line has some of the best deals.. not too far from the loop, safe, quiet residential areas but still with plenty to do. Go for Avondale, Irving Park, Albany Park, Portage Park even if its not too far.

North Side forget about Lake View, Roscoe Village, Lincoln Park all that ? .. too expensive. You can find great deals still in Uptown and Edgewater or Rogers Park if thats not too far for you.

Pretty much summed it up, South Shore is slowly but surely moving up too. And Englewood about to catch it, that rail road company bought a lot of people out their houses, and they building a Whole Foods over there too, you know when that happens what happens. ? , they putting up a Mariano's on the South Shore drive extension
  • el_bandido
    el_bandido Members Posts: 115 ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options

Pretty much summed it up, South Shore is slowly but surely moving up too. And Englewood about to catch it, that rail road company bought a lot of people out their houses, and they building a Whole Foods over there too, you know when that happens what happens. ? , they putting up a Mariano's on the South Shore drive extension
    If you're driving the east side isnt that bad kid,its close to indiana so you can get squares and gas for the low and you'll be right off the lake

• king hassan
    Options
    el_bandido wrote: »

If you're driving the east side isnt that bad kid,its close to indiana so you can get squares and gas for the low and you'll be right off the lake

I already know, I'm in South Chicago now
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all been real helpful. Detroit is going through a new transformation coming out of bankruptcy but I don't have the patience for this region to come up. Chicago is ready NOW and I'd still get the Midwest feel and vibe of the people similar to Detroit......... And ? Jay Cutler too.
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man evanston is not close to the city wtf type of advice is that
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I live by the last shootout. Across the street from the crime scene tape.

Hope that narrows it down for u.
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Options
    I noticed that Martin Luther King Jr. Drive has affordable rental prices...hmmm.
  • 9TRAY
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I noticed that Martin Luther King Jr. Drive has affordable rental prices...hmmm.

It depends on what & King Drive we talking about. 95th & King Drive or 63rd & King Drive? All King Drives in Chicago aren't created equal, 63rd & King Drive is a hot ass Area, 95th & King Drive is Residential, & by Chicago State
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Options
    @ 9Tray, I was definitely joking homie. Never seen a "good" MLK Drive in any city. Ever.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's right above the City yo, not close to downtown. But the Purple line goes all the way up to Linden which is Wilmette.
  • 9TRAY
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @ 9Tray, I was definitely joking homie. Never seen a "good" MLK Drive in any city. Ever.

95th & King Drive is all good
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »

It's right above the City yo, not close to downtown. But the Purple line goes all the way up to Linden which is Wilmette.

I got an aunt that stays in Evanston and that ? is FAR AS FCK lol ? like an hour drive from the rest of the fam on the southside 63rd..

But being from a compact city like DC, 'up-the-street' does not hold the same meaning in HUGE cities like Chi or H-Town
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »

Lol nah bruh.Close to the city is oak park or forest park.Evanston like 20 miles away