The Official "Power" Season 2 Discussion (June 6, 9pm ET) WARNING SPOILERS INSIDE

Options

Comments

• suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Has it been said why 50 want ghost dead so bad? I understand him wanting his spot and all that but dude is being very hasty.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Um why did nt 50 get Chris Brown to ? Ghost in Miami as well? Make it seem like Ghost and Pink Monkey killed each other....
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Angela mood changed when Ghost got back. I think what oh dude eluded to that he left his phone or I think that she checked the bathroom and found out he wasn't in there. But I think they would've showed us that. I dont think something that integral would happen off camera.

Its funny seeing that scene with Tasha and Shawn because women cant handle rejection. Not like they think they can. That ? burns them up.

Kanan pulling Tommy along and he cant even see it. Itll be interesting to see where his loyalty lies which might force Ghost hand.

Ghost and Rolla scene was ? up because we knew it was ? up. It was a highlight for THIS show and thats all that people are saying.

RNS
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why pink shoes didn't say 50 name instead of dumb muthafucka.

Also is ghost gone sell Tommy out just to get out the game? Even if he does he won't be safe unless he brings everybody down
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why pink shoes didn't say 50 name instead of dumb muthafucka.

Also is ghost gone sell Tommy out just to get out the game? Even if he does he won't be safe unless he brings everybody down

guess she wanted him to find out for himself. figured he'll be caught off guard when he finds out the person who hired her, was right under his nose the whole time. playing him from the beginning. more etherous that way.
  • jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    jazzybella wrote: »
    The scene of rolla and ghost is top three scene since the beginning of the show

What is it with yall and rolla and that scene?!? Llls

Its an ok scene but yall must not watch a lot of tv. There was practically NO establishment of his character or of him and Ghost' relationship. They had that 1 scene of walking down the street together in season 1. Yall talkin like its Poot and Bodie killing Wallace (after a season of seing them build together), or Mike killing Snoop (after a season of them build together) .

'I am your friend-....man get outta here lmao Its a nice, solid scene. Stop gassin it

You just looking at the scene and not what it represents. IMO, Rolla is/was Ghost only genuine loyalty.

Tasha is expendable, he made that clear when he told Angela that all Tasha wants is money to maintain her lifestyle if they get a divorce( also remember how they got in engaged...loyalty of convenience) Knaan is definitely expendable, he showed him there loyalty only went as far as the next shipment and that's why he set him up and then welcomed him back home. Tommy is a little tricky because they do have a friendship but Ghost wants that legit life too bad so walking away from him(not saying he'll snitch to the Feds about him) but leaving him behind isn't far fetched. Lastly, Angie he's only loyal to her because she offers him something no else can...legitimacy. But now that she's told him that she's fed and about to ? up his world smh she's just as expendable.

So it wasn't just a murder scene ....he battled internally with Rolla at that table and even his ? expression when he found out he killed him for no reason was evident of more than just hurt....the only genuine loyalty he had with someone close was torn because of his own misjudgment of what others said. And also because that scene was dope as ? .
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Its an ok scene but yall must not watch a lot of tv. There was practically NO establishment of his character or of him and Ghost' relationship. They had that 1 scene of walking down the street together in season 1. Yall talkin like its Poot and Bodie killing Wallace (after a season of seing them build together), or Mike killing Snoop (after a season of them build together) .

'I am your friend-....man get outta here lmao Its a nice, solid scene. Stop gassin it

You just looking at the scene and not what it represents. IMO, Rolla is/was Ghost only genuine loyalty.

Tasha is expendable, he made that clear when he told Angela that all Tasha wants is money to maintain her lifestyle if they get a divorce( also remember how they got in engaged...loyalty of convenience) Knaan is definitely expendable, he showed him there loyalty only went as far as the next shipment and that's why he set him up and then welcomed him back home. Tommy is a little tricky because they do have a friendship but Ghost wants that legit life too bad so walking away from him(not saying he'll snitch to the Feds about him) but leaving him behind isn't far fetched. Lastly, Angie he's only loyal to her because she offers him something no else can...legitimacy. But now that she's told him that she's fed and about to ? up his world smh she's just as expendable.

So it wasn't just a murder scene ....he battled internally with Rolla at that table and even his ? expression when he found out he killed him for no reason was evident of more than just hurt....the only genuine loyalty he had with someone close was torn because of his own misjudgment of what others said. And also because that scene was dope as ? .

Thats a reach all bc there was no characer development OR chatacter bonding

Ive seen Ghost and Tommy at all levels, ? for one another, laugh,fight, reminisce, etc. Seem it wit him and Tasha , even had her explain how they met. Had Ghost fuking Angela a dozen times, seeing her scenile pop STILL remember him, seen them reminisce

And you're telling me Ghost amd Rolla is the key relationship? ?

No. Sorry . I GET what you aiming for, but, No. Absolutely not.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I mean Ghost and Rolla IS the best scene from the entire show, the second best episode is Ghost being told by Tommy that Angie is a Fed

besides that one, there is no other scene to me that was as profound as that scene between them, so far in the series

and the fact that they didn't show the history between the two, makes it even more impressive

When a scene can provoke any emotion from you

something that will make you decipher and rationalize the actions between both characters,

and make you for a slight second, FORGET that they are acting

I feel that the actors have killed their roles at that point, those are the hallmarks of a great actor

Rolla KNEW Ghost

and he knew how Ghost thought and operated

Rolla was the most dangerous ? in Ghost's inner circle, and Kanan knew this and made Ghost take him out

Rolla figured it out moments before he was killed, that Kanan was behind Ghost visiting him and attempting to ? him

Now im not saying that scene is Oscar worthy, but it is very remarkable considering the lack of history SHOWN between the two characters

now that Ghost knows that Rolla wasn't behind the hits

Ghost is now filled with regret and probably is disgusted at himself

he will shortly find out that Kanan is/was behind the hits

because he's already suspicious of him, with his sudden release from prison

Honestly, if we not talkjing bout acting, and we talking real life

If Ghost was a real person, this ? would be ? up mentally lol

I mean damn ? , your personal, business and illegal business is all ? up

You have to constantly juggle between your wife, the mistress,

who you just realized was a federal agent this whole time,

and then all the other thirsty hoes that come at you

then your club is being owned by a racist, oppressive hating ass white person, that bascially wants to own you

and then you got that illegal ? with the weight on the side

I couldn't sleep if i was this ?

TALK TO EM *Busta voice*

Best breakdown
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
  • R.D.
    Options
    I said this earlier but it's no way Angie doesn't find out she's pregnant by seasons end
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The decision Ghost makes from here on end will ultimately tell you the kind of human being Ghost is. There is good and bad in ever scenario he chooses, so ulterior motives become more evident with each show moving on.
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After watching the last episode, it's hard to say whether dude is just a liar or a sociopath. He tells both of these chicks whatever it takes to calm them down. I'm cool with that but we still don't know what direction he's really going in. If he does great angela preg, he's royally ? .
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BQpfa9RZbTk

Angie when,she,founds out JAIME IS GHOST
    suzyscrew wrote: »
    After watching the last episode, it's hard to say whether dude is just a liar or a sociopath. He tells both of these chicks whatever it takes to calm them down. I'm cool with that but we still don't know what direction he's really going in. If he does great angela preg, he's royally ? .

he s not gonna get Angela pregnant...yall ? retarted? This a crime show...when the last time u seen some one , a main character in a crime series
  • R.D.
    Options

he s not gonna get Angela pregnant...yall ? retarted? This a crime show...when the last time u seen some one , a main character in a crime series

This a crime show? So much more than a crime show and its wrote by a woman.

Are you ? *?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

This a crime show? So much more than a crime show and its wrote by a woman.

Are you ? *?

yes it s a crime show.... Drug dealing, murders, police trying to catch the criminals: crime show.....lol st so much more than a crime show, what is it then?

• jazzybella
    Options
    Did 50 always have that scar near his mouth?
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did 50 always have that scar near his mouth?

u mean the bullet hole? then yea
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In the show he's got one running down his neck? Haven't ever paid attention to see if that's always been there or not
  • jazzybella
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    In the show he's got one running down his neck? Haven't ever paid attention to see if that's always been there or not

Yea, that's what I'm talking about...they showed it when he was talking to Rotimi about going to Miami to ? pink sneaker girl
  • King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at Believe Me from Weezy and Drake playing when Tommy found his chick on the hospital bed, the soundtrack is street and Im diggin it
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As an actor I could not stand to play as Shawn

he's constantly in beta mode

and ? looks like he's getting punked the ? out by Ghost

Oh and I guarantee that Tasha prolly told Ghost some ? about how Shawn is coming on to her, and completely leave out the fact she's initiated the whole interaction

Just like any crazy, deceiving, manipulative ?

and 50 is going to try and dig her out this episode

Good episode preview pic