The Official "Power" Season 2 Discussion (June 6, 9pm ET) WARNING SPOILERS INSIDE

Options

Comments

• PMoneyQueenz
    PMoneyQueenz Members Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • PMoneyQueenz
    Options
    I read 50 is trying to get this turned into a movie at some point so I seriously doubt Kanan gets killed off but I think he goes back to prison season 3
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I knew Ghost got Kanan locked up, but I didn't think Tasha was involved.

Holly is from Ohio. I wonder what she did to run away. She's going to ? everything up. Ghost told her ass, you're leaving either on a train ticket or in a bodybag. I'm glad he checked her ass about stealing from Tasha.

Now the feds are looking at Ghost/James now.

So we find out Stern has a business dealing with the Russians.

Angela got reinstated to the task force, but I bet she wishes she didn't.

Kantos is a snake. Ghost took care of him, and he is willing to ? Ghost over to get Truth for.himself.

Lobos comes back next week.

I knew something was weird about Tommy and his mom's relationship. Angela confirmed it when she spoke to Greg about his fetish for red heads. She was all up on him in episode one, and not in a motherly way. This might be like Boardwalk Empire with Jimmy, and his mom Julian all over again.

Kanaan took out Chris Brown's boy with no ? given.

Greg is still simping SMH

No Stern this week.

Lala's scene was meh.

Sean aka Dwayne Wade ain't built for this game.

Tasha was prepared for when Kanan showed up. She now knows Ghost was telling the truth.

No Power next week since July 4th is on Saturday. SMH But they got to keep the ratings high. Just six more episodes left.

Ghost has read the 48 laws of Power. He's playing chess with Kanan. Ghost figured it out.

Good episode.

aint that hard to figure out tho..

someone knew where the main stash was. had the leader of rsk(rock street killaz) killed to limit his muscle. someone killed the chick before his was able to do it.lil ? said here and there.. and the fact that you already on high alert since you the ? that send him to jail....

i dont think he would be that far if he didnt think like that.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited June 2015
    Options
    suzyscrew wrote: »
    Props to whoever it was who called Tasha's involvement with getting 50 hemmed up. You called that ? weeks ago.

First of all, how does Ghost get caught in lies with both his girls? Even the average dude could have talked his way out of Angela's questions. I'm not sure if they're trying to tell us that Ghost is not as smooth/cunning as we thought or if he just got caught to move the plot along.

With the revelation that Tasha helped Ghost, maybe they're gonna show that SHE'S the brains behind the organization.

All in all, good episode. The La La/Shawn sex scene was turrible. never thought I'd want to skip past a sex scene. Those camera angles were not made with the fellas in mind. Besides that, perfect ep.
    ghost will be a fed....

he got caught up in some ? and in exchange to stay on the street he was the one who set up kannan.

in the episode where kanaan was in jail his lawyer told him ....the reason he got pulled over was because of a broken tail light. but the tail light wasnt blown..it was unscrewed.

the information was know but they didnt bring that evidence to the jury.

so that sounds like some inside ? .

when kanaan made a reference how ghost and tasha wouldnt be living like this is he was still out...they both looked at each other.

maybe tasha even helped him set up the blown tail light.

i agree tommy is a lose cannon but thats why he a street dude but he might need to be the one to off holly.

i think they all evenually go to war with the rsk's and tiano nation once they find out kanaan send pink sneaks to murk the head of the families.

your welcome sir
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This show is ill. Something tells me Kanan gonna ? Tommy somewhere down the line.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    Also i think Julio smashed Holly cuz she changed her panties. She aint as loyal as we think.

holly an loyal?

thats like scratching foam...? hurts the ears.

what did she ever dothat would have made you think she was even partially loyal?

everything she did was sneaky and manipulative.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    the new lil head of the rsk told then they got new package from the russians at a lower price.

so maybe stern knows ghost needs to move product but if he stops all his connects to sell it...then ghost will be forced into making the club work for money.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited June 2015
    Options
    movingfeet wrote: »
    But Kanan came into a perfect situation damn near just how he wanted it. Plus he aint got no attachments. But I think Kanans downfall is that he is too driven by power, no pun intended.

Its ? up that Ghost got him sent away but we don't know what he did. Im sure it will come out though.

I wonder if Angela will tell Ghost about Stern and the Russians that could give him some type of leverage for the club.

You dont get big without doing some type of dirt.

? was sexy as ? when Tasha pulled out the strap. Woulda stuck her ass right there.

Its getting real good but this exactly why I dont watch episodes weekly. I like to watch a couple at a time. Two weeks though gotdamn

At the bolded I think I know why : Kanan as smart as he is he's a goon and I think that the dude breeze was the head dude in NYC and Kanan was his right hand. If Ghost wanted breeze out of the way without Kanan going to war with him he had to take Kanan out of the equation without raising any eyebrows and the best way to do that was to get him locked up. If Ghost would had just taken breeze out then Kanan would had went at him with everything that he had but by getting Kanan locked up no one would be looking his way so when he did make his move he would have a clear shot taking out Breeze. Also If he would had taken out Kanan then Breeze would had caught wind and would had murked Ghost,Tommy,and Tasha if she would had stuck with ghost.

On Stern: Stern had Ghost's club and what Ghost does on the side from the jump cause he knew EXACTLY what he was gonna do to Ghost before meeting Ghost for the first time.

i think this is all orchestrated or encouraged by tasha.
    ghost tries to make business decisions and she on some....why cant you just take them out...i'll help you move the product. then seeing the club receipts. then walking in on the stern meeting saying her man comes second to no one.

when you think about it....she might be working with stern.

he did know what ghost was gonna do next.
    ghost trust tasha with certain things...but stopped tell her ? and shes trying to get him to talk more. why she need all that type info.

maybe far fetched but a possiblity.
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Holly knowing James is Ghost bout to cause some issues
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah I can't buy Stern being involved in the drug game as a supplier or financier. Ghost's involved enough to know the major players, and Stern ain't just gonna just put in a few bucks into an enterprise like that. Stern figured out how Ghost would act because he's been in the business long enough and probably ? up a lot of competition with the same strategy, word to them contracts he created.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya'll think Kanan makes it to season 3?

Kanan (50's) not going anywhere.

He might clear the set for the next season and get rid of Ghost and his whole crew.

Maybe not ? them, but set them up to get locked up just like they did him

Dude was supposed to be cast as Marlo in the Wire, so next season might be his chance to shine.

This season might end with him sitting in the courtroom like Marlo in the Season 3 finale of the wire watching the judge hit Barksdale and his crew with those numbers.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    The Lala scene was a disappointment

Melo won..........and lost in one scene.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    soulfulcat wrote: »
    Holly knowing James is Ghost bout to cause some issues

I think Holly will get killed and Ghost will make it look like either Kanan did it or DEA. She's too much of a liability and she know she got Tommy's nise wide open.
    I was thinking more along the lines that now the feds know about her relationship with Tommy, she gets in touch with Ghost to see if his offer of skipping town with that money is still open.

@Cain

• movingfeet
    movingfeet Members Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Delphas wrote: »
    Nah I can't buy Stern being involved in the drug game as a supplier or financier. Ghost's involved enough to know the major players, and Stern ain't just gonna just put in a few bucks into an enterprise like that. Stern figured out how Ghost would act because he's been in the business long enough and probably ? up a lot of competition with the same strategy, word to them contracts he created.

Ghost doesn't know the major players he just knows the mid to mid-low level players .Ghost works FOR a major player. Big difference cause there's 4 levels to this.

• kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tommy gonna end up doing something stupid behind that red head, he's too emotionally invested in her & i think she gon end up snitching
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only things i can say is Tommy talks to much but in this episode that's good cause it gave kanin away
    1) ghost knws it wasn't rolla
    2) if ghost was smart he gonna tell Tommy somebody hit
    MeTaL wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »
    Ghost is a ? for that.

Lost respect for him.

If you wanna take a ? 's spot, you take him out.....not get him locked up.

That's some cowardly ? right there.

Especially considering the fact that Kanan was his OG.

I could almost understand if it was just some random ? that he didn't have any personal connection to (nh) but that's foul as ? to do that to somebody who took you under their wing.

Their lives in danger now.. That ? kanan was sending subliminal messages to Ghost in the bar.. That I know you and tasha set me up.. Ghost pick up on it and gave him clear indication that kanan is the mastermind behind what's been happening..Ghost confronted Tasha in the school about your life and my kids are in danger, i need to protect you.. She didn't believe him.. When she got that call from downstairs that the ? Kanan was coming up.. She went and arm herself and play it off cool.. Know she knows what ghost said is true..

Kanan could of killed and pop tasha ass right there.. But that would of been too easy.. He got a more Sinister Plot for both of them..tasha is no dumb ? though. She may be mad at Ghost about Angela, but she knows he's telling the truth about Kanan knowing that they set them up..

Kanan couldn't ? Tasha in the apartment the kids are there so he'd have to ? them to also the building has cameras and u also have to be on the guest list to enter that's why the front desk called up if he killed her then all the evidence points to him and he going down for murder.
    I swear some of y'all couldn't be killers y'all would get caught easy
  • TayGettem
    Options
    I called it last episode ghost or Tasha set kanan up
    Also I believe kanan was breeze right hand man
  • PMoneyQueenz
    Options
    How does Ghost not be able to get in the apartment but Keenan can with no ones permission? Lol

Ghost "started drinking again" I think he had issues in the past with alcohol. Something to keep an eye on.

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tommy isn't going to make it. I just can't see it. Ghost will probably be the one to do him in. Because of he doesn't, Angela will get him, and his love for Angie is so strong, he'll betray Tommy, plus I'm sure Ghost is feeling a certain way about having to ? Rolla. We already saw him give that speech to Tommy about being two men one voice.
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not a club dude but would it really be that hard for Ghost to take a buyout for his stake in the club and open a new one?
  • yung$
    yung$ Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanan baby mother loyal kept all that money
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought 50 cut ole boy tongue off cuz he was talking slick bout Tommy
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 wanted to put that fear in Chris Brown tho
  • TayGettem
    Options
    How does Ghost not be able to get in the apartment but Keenan can with no ones permission? Lol

Ghost "started drinking again" I think he had issues in the past with alcohol. Something to keep an eye on.

He did have permission his on the guest list he even said "Shawn told me I was on the guest list"
  • TayGettem
    Options
    suzyscrew wrote: »
    I'm not a club dude but would it really be that hard for Ghost to take a buyout for his stake in the club and open a new one?

Theres not alot of smart business men who would take the position his in