The losses keep piling up for 50 Cent.. "Power" series lose 500,000 viewers..

Options

Comments

• gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    grYmes wrote: »
    It's not that it's urban shows, it's the fact that not enough people watch to justify keeping the channels. It's not about race with this it's about just one color, green. People talking about support this and that but in the end don't watch and be mad that it's gone. SMH.

Doo doo looks silly makin this about race all he's doing is ? them crackas off & they is just gonna take more of his $
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok if it's not about race then explain to me why the president of at&t got fired for sending racists text messages?
  • kingofkingz
    Options
    I don't get my cable through at&t so I'm not effected by no being able to watch the show but in a way I'm kinda effected cuz let's say i decide to create show & they won't broadcast it cuz it's too urban & has too many minorities on it. That's ? up
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't get my cable through at&t so I'm not effected by no being able to watch the show but in a way I'm kinda effected cuz let's say i decide to create show & they won't broadcast it cuz it's too urban & has too many minorities on it. That's ? up

That ain't ? up. Those white people can broadcast whatever networks on their stations they want to as far as I'm concerned. Only reason people complain about what they do and don't do is because we don't have our own.
  • kingofkingz
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

That ain't ? up. Those white people can broadcast whatever networks on their stations they want to as far as I'm concerned. Only reason people complain about what they do and don't do is because we don't have our own.

What I get from what u typed is that we as minorities shouldn't have anything broadcast on their network unless we've made a product that's been catered to them? That's what u saying correct?
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options

Ok if it's not about race then explain to me why the president of at&t got fired for sending racists text messages?

It's not about race in the grand scheme of things & it should of never been brought up. The AT&T President got fired and that's resolved, nothing to do with 50's issue. Its Starz as a whole AT&T is not re-uped on, not just urban channels or what have you. 50 made this about race because of an isolated incident when he really shouldn't of, & he looks dumb in the process. If people like the show its not gonna matter if AT&T has Starz or not. Channels don't care like back in the day to a point if a show is "too urban" or whatever as long as the demographic is watching & the ad revenue is good. Like I said, its all about money. 50 just coming out of pocket for no real reason. Guess he really is going broke, lol. Don't catch feeling with that 50 stans.
  • kingofkingz
    Options
    Well if it isn't about minorities owning a show & it's an urban product then i don't have any issue with it.. carry on with ur meaningless babbling

But if it is about starz having too many urban products with minorities as executive producers. I have a big issue with that ?
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well if it isn't about minorities owning a show & it's an urban product then i don't have any issue with it.. carry on with ur meaningless babbling

But if it is about starz having too many urban products with minorities as executive producers. I have a big issue with that ?

Naw, Power is one of Starz highest rated shows so they good.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Show was probably trash anyway
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just finished the first season a few weeks ago, Its pretty good. havent started on the second season yet...got some bad ass women on there also
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

What I get from what u typed is that we as minorities shouldn't have anything broadcast on their network unless we've made a product that's been catered to them? That's what u saying correct?

Not at all. I'm saying we as minorities wouldn't care about what they broadcast on their network if we owned more of our own. So instead of trying so hard to get on their networks we should focus on building our own. Those people only care about money. If they felt like they could make money broadcasting "urban" networks you think they wouldn't?

50 Cent had the resources to make some ? shake if he had wanted to but that wasn't his priority. I'm not knocking his business decision but this is one of the consequences that may arise when you go this route. Internet making television all kinds of obsolete anyway.
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What a trash thread. Issue has nothing to do with 50 or race; the negotiations between AT&T and Starz/Encore are for all channels regardless of their demographic focus.

It's smart for him to reach out to the show's fans to switch to a different provider (if they can), but making it seem racially motivated is stupid as ? .
  • kingofkingz
    Options
    I'm starting to think differently cuz i just read an article on the nyp

http://nypost.com/2015/04/29/att-fires-president-over-racist-text-100m-lawsuit-goes-on/

Check it out
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Gee is an example of a corny troll that hasn't repackaged his gimmick & move with the times.

In before he start loading Bang Em ? & ? videos

The only corny muthafukas is u faceless ? n here tryna derail the thread male flirtin 4 my attention....again cracka this thread is about at&t talkin a big ? on doo doos face square not me white boy....if ya ? ass aint got ? 2 say about at&t shittin on donkey Kong gtfoh.... don't come n here wit that ? male flirtin donkey ? speak on the topic or ?
  • LouboutinGawd
    LouboutinGawd Members Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    Options
    How is this a loss for 50?
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 should be worried about the show airing on a Friday, thats usually death for a tv show...even with dvr and on demand it's not a good look

With that said the show is pretty good, gee lost
  • Talk_Of_NY
    Talk_Of_NY Members Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    P. Town wrote: »
    gee757 wrote: »
    Wat kills me is him claimin racism that muuuunkee can go head wit that cuz he's down wit shady racist crackas....

Your gimmick got corny years ago

Gee is an example of a corny troll that hasn't repackaged his gimmick & move with the times.

In before he start loading Bang Em ? & ? videos

ether
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cameo inthread
  • KingKroy
    KingKroy Members Posts: 3
    Options
    if aint on netflix im getting that torrent going
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just download the episodes with torrents. Cable companies will be irrelevant soon
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    someone need to throw that gee account back in the bushes
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Just download the episodes with torrents. Cable companies will be irrelevant soon

And all the good shows will disappear
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    They still provide broadband.