Thee Official Drake vs Meek Mill beef thread

Options

Comments

• FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »

If this along with the two tweets are Meek's response to Drake's laid back warning shot, then Meek knows he cannot go toe to toe with Drake (and his reference artist lol).

But to add my two cents on the entire thing... Drake fooled completely in my opinion, it is such a shame on the simple fact that the reference tracks are so average in comparisons to what he can really do. I am not even speaking in terms of lyricism. 10 Bands is such a simplistic song... That R.I.C.O verse is average as ? .

Drake couldnt think of that himself? LOL.

That might be exactly why he needed help. South dumbs down ? so much that for him to appeal to that ? he needs ? help.

It would be like if nas was trying to appeal to that ? baby drill ? in Chicago. He'd need help from durk or someone, he couldn't do that himself

Nas ain't complicated ? . A vast majority of NY/Eastcoast ? aren't complicated. Nothing to dumb down.
    Ya'll ? keep confusing people not relating to drug dealing ducktales and Mafia movie references with complex lyricism.

There's a reason South music runs NY radio. It's more entertaining and relatable.
    If you listen to that fast flow song on the I am album, then you can realize that he coulda used help to do that ? , it didn't come natural to him

I didn't say anything about south running radio or not, I AM saying that if jay wanted to rap like migos, it would be in his benefit to get someone more familiar with that style of he wants it to sound good

I was responding to
    South dumbs down ? so much that for him to appeal to that ? he needs ? help.

That was a shot at the South and then you used Nas an example of needing help from Durk with a hypothetical crackbaby Drill song.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If this along with the two tweets are Meek's response to Drake's laid back warning shot, then Meek knows he cannot go toe to toe with Drake (and his reference artist lol).

But to add my two cents on the entire thing... Drake fooled completely in my opinion, it is such a shame on the simple fact that the reference tracks are so average in comparisons to what he can really do. I am not even speaking in terms of lyricism. 10 Bands is such a simplistic song... That R.I.C.O verse is average as ? .

That might be exactly why he needed help. South dumbs down ? so much that for him to appeal to that ? he needs ? help.

It would be like if nas was trying to appeal to that ? baby drill ? in Chicago. He'd need help from durk or someone, he couldn't do that himself

Nas ain't complicated ? . A vast majority of NY/Eastcoast ? aren't complicated. Nothing to dumb down.
    Ya'll ? keep confusing people not relating to drug dealing ducktales and Mafia movie references with complex lyricism.

There's a reason South music runs NY radio. It's more entertaining and relatable.

either that or dj's ? ride ijs ain't nothing interesting about that ? trap ? . that the main ? ? the game up now. Rappers that need the spot light get ? on fuckery like ot genesis get radio play ? like bobby get 2.5 producers making the same beat different sample trash,'m glad the put espn on the radio and that i always have my ipod.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i thought dis thread was longer then 70 pages. wat happen ?
  • SouthsideShawn
    SouthsideShawn Members Posts: 280 ✭✭
    Options
    Is wayne n drake even talkin ?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I hear you but can't use that as an excuse.
    If Jay-z can dumb himself all the way the ? down on a couple of albums and still smarten up on his future projects, so can Drake.

? 's even embarrassing... how you need help to make ? music? Lol.

JayZ from the projects and did all the same ? those ruffians in Chicago did so he's speaking from experience. Whether he was a boss or corner boy is debatable.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i knew ross shoulda kept gangsta pill over meek mill

Here we go again with this ?

trap goin ham>>>whatever u got to say

get mad

His ? is weak bruh get over it he got dropped for a reason
  • bununs alias
    bununs alias Members Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

why yall ? boys stay disrespecting the south ?

yxACHW8.gif
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »

either that or dj's ? ride ijs ain't nothing interesting about that ? trap ? . that the main ? ? the game up now. Rappers that need the spot light get ? on fuckery like ot genesis get radio play ? like bobby get 2.5 producers making the same beat different sample trash,'m glad the put espn on the radio and that i always have my ipod.

DJs dickride what's hot. Trap music isn't doing it right now anyway and really hasn't. The only ones that made a good jump were Tip and Jeezy...and Future barely. His mainstream time is on timeout. Wayne, Drake, Ross, Kanye, J.Cole, Big Sean, Kendrick Lamar, ASAP Rocky, Rich Homie, Chris Brown, Young Thug, Meek Mill, Wale aren't trap.

OT Genesis and Bobby Shmurda had one single, like expected. But I feel you, radio is trash nowadays. Nobody can come up through radio anymore.

Kinda wish you had some NY rap vets with money and maybe a label, who could put some local acts on. Maybe one day.
  • bherc
    bherc Members Posts: 201 ✭✭
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    ^^^^^^It's over Killa........LOL

No credible proof in this entire thread and the guy being accused of doing the ghostwriting has explained that he is not a ghostwriter.

Let it go......................

tumblr_inline_mlomr7BD2L1qz4rgp.gif

In the same breadth of his proclamation of not being a "ghostwriter", the ? took credit for a "few songs" to "collaboration " IE the framework for an entire record as we heard in the 10 bands sample track. All the ? did was reaffirm what we suspected, which was that more of these samples exist.

Obviously, you interpreted Quentin Miller's words the way you wanted to in order to fit your agenda. He absolutely made Meek a liar.

A lot of selective reasoning and stannery going on in here.

Whenever someone debates an issue on this site, this word "stannery" is always thrown out to make a person's position appear to be less credible. Drake is cool, but I ? with the musical libraries of 2Pac & DMX. Yet, I'm not even a "stan" for them. I'd really prefer to not play this "stan" game, but............

Maybe the problem in this thread is a bunch of Meek Mill "stans".

? please. The exact quote reads.

"I am not and never will be a 'ghostwriter' for drake.. Im proud to say that we’ve collaborated .. but i could never take credit for anything other than the few songs we worked on together ..."

There's nothing here to misinterpret, and we've all heard one of the alleged records. He's saying he isn't a traditional 'ghostwriter' cuz he's credited, and isn't gonna take credit for records he didn't contribute too. But he HAS 'contributed' and admits to as much. How much contribution? The sample gives us an idea.

You niglets aren't understanding this is beyond Meek at tthispoint; we don't give a ? about their personal feud, as much as we care about a ? considered one of the best today pumping out records via additional writers or potentially a team of writers. That's not Hip-Hop.

At the same time he said he can't do nothing but take credit for a few songs? Wtf just gonna let that slide in there
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options

why yall ? boys stay disrespecting the south ?

yxACHW8.gif

Southern rappers like Maco and Mike be saying the same ? about the pop rap in the south. Outkast had a ? skit on Aquemini clowning that type of attitude that label them as weirdos that are too complex.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

why yall ? boys intelligent observers stay disrespecting the south ?

yxACHW8.gif

I don't disrespect the south. Your artists be on their ratchet ? heavy though. There is def an artistry in it, even if it sounds like a ? kid can do it. Hence, someone like drake who is trying to copy a sound that is foreign to him may get a few collaborators.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake gonna put them paws on ol boy
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nah I cant get into this beef with cops playing ?
    and the system playing blind
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Meek go Flamers 2.5 on him. It's over

Brother shenco I respect your style and your opinions. But you wrong here.

All meek gonna say is you got ghostwriters, you a simp, you soft, and you not built for the streets. We already know all this stuff tho so its not exposing anything. If he said this about nipsey or trae the truth, the hip hop internet would explode...but meek won't tell us anything we don't already know

If you really think about it there is nothing you can say to ruin drake. A large portion of hip hoppers already clown him, hell even his fans clown him. I clown him myself, but you can't deny the music.

The battling and diss tracks won't work, and any tough guy "ima ? you when I see you" is empty ? .

Its like if urkel was a plat rapper, me dissing him by saying he a nerd is not going to change ? .

I guess the only think meek can say is he pays for album sales or radio spins or he sleeping with birdman or something. Other than that, no one will care. This is unwinnable for meek.
    It's ? riding like this that has ruined hip hop

When being a better rapper, having a harder diss, and being a more credible lyricist means jack ?
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »

All meek gonna say is you got ghostwriters, you a simp, you soft, and you not built for the streets. We already know all this stuff tho so its not exposing anything. If he said this about nipsey or trae the truth, the hip hop internet would explode...but meek won't tell us anything we don't already know

If you really think about it there is nothing you can say to ruin drake. A large portion of hip hoppers already clown him, hell even his fans clown him. I clown him myself, but you can't deny the music.

The battling and diss tracks won't work, and any tough guy "ima ? you when I see you" is empty ? .

Its like if urkel was a plat rapper, me dissing him by saying he a nerd is not going to change ? .

I guess the only think meek can say is he pays for album sales or radio spins or he sleeping with birdman or something. Other than that, no one will care. This is unwinnable for meek.

When being a better rapper, having a harder diss, and being a more credible lyricist means jack ?

1) I ain't ? riding anything
    2) hip hop is not ruined, ? for brains
    3) I never said or implied being a better rapper, having a harder diss, or being a more credible lyricist meant jack ?
    4) my only point is diss tracks historically work when you are exposing things not known to public, meek can't expose anything we don't already know. Meek very well may have a better diss tonight, but whats going to be the result? If you think meek can end drakes career you're crazy.
    5) this is not something "new" canibus was the better lyricist, had better diss, and was better rapper than washed up LL at that time...it didn't affect ll cool j one bit tho
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    taMEEKa needs to start acting his age, and not his girl's age shoe size
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

3) I never said or implied being a better rapper, having a harder diss, or being a more credible lyricist meant jack ?
    4) my only point is diss tracks historically work when you are exposing things not known to public, meek can't expose anything we don't already know. Meek very well may have a better diss tonight, but whats going to be the result? If you think meek can end drakes career you're crazy.
    5) this is not something "new" canibus was the better lyricist, had better diss, and was better rapper than washed up LL at that time...it didn't affect ll cool j one bit tho
    1) 'If you really think about it there is nothing you can say to ruin drake' that's ? riding

2) It's ruined and for the birds b. Ain't ? hiphop about the pop music and theatrics these ? 's doing. Nothing

3) 'This is unwinnable for meek' Doesn't matter what Meek says, Drake still won right? Whether his diss go hard or nah, Drake still won right? So yeah, it means jack ?

4a) Unless you Drake and in his camp, how the hell you possibly know everything about duke that can be said? You already trying to 8mile Drake when in reality, we don't know what Meek got on him and vice versa
    4b) I doubt he could ruin his career.

5) I don't know if you know this but LL was washed after that battle. Not taking nothing away from his cemented legacy b4, but after.....blame the acting, the new breed of mc's, or whatever but yeah, it affected him. He was just fortunate enough to have other avenues of income, like Drake
  • SheerExcellence
    Options

1) 'If you really think about it there is nothing you can say to ruin drake' that's ? riding

2) It's ruined and for the birds b.

Ive consistently said I think drake is lame, I said he is not a top lyricist or emcee, I said he sings too much, I said he a simp and I said he soft. How is that ? riding?
    My point is that most fans already agree drake embodies those traits, so a song coming out repeating what everyone already knows won't change anything.

If you diss lil b by saying "you wear grandma earrings, you can't rap, you got knocked out on camera, you not street...." What exactly would that song do? We all know this. Those that already ? with lil b wont change their opinion, and those that don't will still dislike him.
    That's all im Ponting out in drake.

2) if you ready think hip hop is ruined then what do you listen to? Why are you here? Not everything pop is good, but with internet and forums like "the essence" you can explore and seek out a wide variety of artists. I'm sure there is something out there you would like. To sit back throw up your hands and say "its all ruined" is purely a focus on mainstream rap radio and ? like that. There a whole world out there besides the radio.go experience it
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah that does seem weird. Maybe he needs ghost writers to help dumb down his lyrics. I never head of that, but it does seem possible.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ain't @SheerExcellence the ? that was tryna pay for nudes in a PM?
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    Ain't @SheerExcellence the ? that was tryna pay for nudes in a PM?

Yup
    From your mom
    She came thru too
    goat11.jpg
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Funk flex has keys to nuts...this ? literally has extended stay on ? ? . I hate that ?

well damn

ndY6JjO.gif
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D
    Sion wrote: »
    Has Meek put it in a rap yet or is he still on Twitter barking ? SMMFH sounding like a scorned female, these new rap ? I tell ya SMMFH.

Meek and Drake starting to look like this right now SMMFH

Funny-gifs-the-internet-in-one-gif.gif

Man ? , how long did biggie responded after tupac????
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek hasn't tweeted since Charged Up dropped and his response is scheduled for tonight? What is this notion that Meek ran to twitter? Was he supposed to drop something that night? GTFOH.
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    clippyclipp n*gga Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake got slapped up by puff and did nothing that would the intro my diss, this ? drake is baby wioe soft and his fans do the most absolute nut hugging ever
This discussion has been closed.