Top Tier General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who said he was garbage? I'm saying he's mediocre at best.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited July 2015
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »
    We doing this again where we pretend tay tay is a dope lyricist?

No one sayin roc is a crazy lyricist but At the same time you don't have to rap like lux or chilla jones to be a good rapper/battle rapper

Besides beng lyrical yall don't factor in all the other Factors of being a rapper ?

I had head ice in my top 5 at one point in time you don't get any more "other ? >>>>>>>bars" than that ? .

Difference is tay roc just be sayin average ? just to be saying it. But for whatever reason the crowd be throwing 91 unleaded on it. He barely even raps to his opponent anymore. I have no problems with gun bars, aggression, etc but we need to stop overrating him. He average. Entertaining, but average.
    Gabi i love you but you pick and choose. Ex. Young Kannon , he got bars but i hate when he swings his arms around.

You forget Roc says ALOT of slick ? mixed with funny ? which is why he gets such a good reaction cuz ? be catching it while he's saying it. I rather listen to his bars over Chilla and I like Chilla alot.

At the end of the day lets call it what it really is. Preference.

Still love you tho.

Btw bars is only one part of it. Calicoe is even more "average" than Roc but always beats more "lyrical rappers by a landslide" such as surf n nuborn.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Who said he was garbage? I'm saying he's mediocre at best.
    Ok you're in your opinion he's mediocre.
    Moving on.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    You rep darkside, i told Smack I wanted a fight,
    Bring him to me
    Whatever is done the dark, comes out in the light - Danja Zone
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Roc and surf just formed a team #GunTitles lol

This ? has potential

https://youtu.be/HCGHD4qG0O8
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont believe Myers is capable of 3-0ing rex. Ive seen nothing from myers that would make me even consider that. As far as these old heads being "washed" let them ? eat bro they laid the foundation. Let them reap some of the benifits they sowed and also even if they skills aint what they once were they resume builders. Aint to many battlers out that wouldnt mind having Mook, Rex, Serius or Lux on they resume.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    I dont believe Myers is capable of 3-0ing rex. Ive seen nothing from myers that would make me even consider that. As far as these old heads being "washed" let them ? eat bro they laid the foundation. Let them reap some of the benifits they sowed and also even if they skills aint what they once were they resume builders. Aint to many battlers out that wouldnt mind having Mook, Rex, Serius or Lux on they resume.

Myers got bars and is energetic as ? . Plus he always have 1 to 2 big haymakers a round.
    If Rex comes as lackluster as he has the last few rounds then a body is definitely possible.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The handle of the hammer is like old habits, that's hard to break

Bruh Rex been garbage minus Slaughterhouse, and vs Aye Verb and vs Math.

He's already victim of the two worst bodies vs both Ored and Clips, so when I saw Myers really was heated about the situation with him and Rex, and he got bars on top of that, i already came to the conclusion, that Rex's casket was being made.
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Roc and surf just formed a team #GunTitles lol

This ? has potential

https://youtu.be/HCGHD4qG0O8

That ? could get crazy
  • lookdude
    edited July 2015
    Options

No one sayin roc is a crazy lyricist but At the same time you don't have to rap like lux or chilla jones to be a good rapper/battle rapper

Besides beng lyrical yall don't factor in all the other Factors of being a rapper ?

I had head ice in my top 5 at one point in time you don't get any more "other ? >>>>>>>bars" than that ? .

Difference is tay roc just be sayin average ? just to be saying it. But for whatever reason the crowd be throwing 91 unleaded on it. He barely even raps to his opponent anymore. I have no problems with gun bars, aggression, etc but we need to stop overrating him. He average. Entertaining, but average.

Tay roc would murder head ice let him try to rap about home fries and wine coolers
  • double0suge
    double0suge Members Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tay roc would murder head ice let him try to rap about home fries and wine coolers

Oh...my....?

• almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no such thing as a tay roc compliment without a bunch of cop outs
  • lookdude
    Options

Of course you do that makes the difference between an OK battler and a good battler. It has nothing to do with being "lyrical". It's about having context behind your bars. Tay Roc just be stringing together metaphors just because. Doesn't come off as being well thought out.

Is hollow lyrical ? Nah he's one of the most dangerous battle rappers in the world
  • jon0hyfbg
    jon0hyfbg Members Posts: 194 ✭✭
    Options
    Bring him to me
    Roc said that tho
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    jon0hyfbg wrote: »
    Bring him to me
    Roc said that tho

I know bruh
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options

Of course you do that makes the difference between an OK battler and a good battler. It has nothing to do with being "lyrical". It's about having context behind your bars. Tay Roc just be stringing together metaphors just because. Doesn't come off as being well thought out.

Is hollow lyrical ? Nah he's one of the most dangerous battle rappers in the world
    Hollow is lyrical, hitman not so much n he was in alot of people's top tens. When i say not as lyrical i mean not as complex.
  • lookdude
    Options

Hollow is lyrical, hitman not so much n he was in alot of people's top tens. When i say not as lyrical i mean not as complex.

What lyrical group would u put him in he's not as complex as lux a Serious daylyt..
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I SAID IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING LYRICAL

& that was a poor example either way.. better example would be clips i wouldn't consider him lyrical at all but he puts context into his bars and makes it hit harder... what daylyt did to aye verb is what i consider lyrical. My point is ? like metaphors, word play, name flips, they are just tools for structuring a bar. Just cuz you used word play doesn't automatically make that bar nice.

you aint hearing me though lol like biz said moving on
  • lookdude
    Options

& that was a poor example either way.. better example would be clips i wouldn't consider him lyrical at all but he puts context into his bars and makes it hit harder... what daylyt did to aye verb is what i consider lyrical. My point is ? like metaphors, word play, name flips, they are just tools for structuring a bar. Just cuz you used word play doesn't automatically make that bar nice.

When it's all said and done Roc will be a legend period
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Lol @ bringing up hitman. He's worse than tay roc
  • jon0hyfbg
    jon0hyfbg Members Posts: 194 ✭✭
    Options

When it's all said and done Roc will be a legend period

he gets diesel fueled, but honestly he has been getting better, legend...idk my G. His slogan has grown on me though, best part of his rounds