Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    GunTown wrote: »
    Gonna cop

Fetty Wap makes my whole hood feel good and buzz like crazy with his music

Music is about feeling

Rhyming and being the most lyrical MC ever ain't gonna do nothing for feelings, make some feel good, evoke emotions

This is funny because everyone talks about how the most lyrical MCs cant get buzz. If that is the case why do these ? like fetty flop only able to sell out small club venues. Meanwhile Outkast last year got hundreds of thousands to go to multiple sold out shows in the A. Jigga man does stadium tours and gets near 100,000 people in some of these football stadium. This year the hottest tour of the year is by J cole who was "boring" to most of the ic in 2010.

Music is about feeling but these awkward i box lefty weirdos like fetty flop get hot for a lil then fall off. Meanwhile those who have a legitimate message like Kendrick and Cole and Outkast and Jay actually have long term fanbases.

Facts...I been to concerts where Cole,Wale, and Kendrick were the main acts in 2012 and 2013 in venues like Barclay Center,Giants stadium,and PNC Art Center in New Jersey.They even perform in other countries .I would surely pay money to see them perform there again

Honestly...I can't see Fetty Wap,Migos and YG having longevity in the field because of their music and their audience
    are too fickle.

The reason being at the end of the day if you want a fanbase you need to have some real ? in your bars even if its a commercial hit. Kendrick has a message of "we gon be alright". Coles song "No Role Models" has a message of i dont want no fake ? i want a real chick.

Both these songs are not super lyrical lupe above your head ? . But they also aren't high pitched autotune with some suspect ass dance no grown man should be caught doing. It is a great balance. The artists with the most consistent fanbases in rap have that balance.

When these lost young men realize they don't wanna hear robot sounding hooks and don't wanna cross dress and calling ? they "hubby" the migos and young thugs and fetty wacks will be gone just like ringtone rap is gone now. Like q-tip says on low end theory this ? goes in cycles.

Co sign...unless they are proteges/disciples of bigger artists and established entities like Jay,Dre,Kanye,and Chris Brown for example...they gonna end up just like T Pain/DJ Unk/Lil Scrappy/Souljah Boy
  • dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    maybe they dont wanna be superstars
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *notices the amount of replies here vs the ? Jenkins thread*
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    @gns @bigev240 @nujerz84 jersey we in here

No love homie? :/ Lol

my bad dude what you repping

Englewood

Bergen county

It's a primarily black neighborhood but it's not hood.

When did I say it was?
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fetty Wrap is garbage

is he a juggalo?
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    incoming flop...

Don't think so. He's doing what artists in his shoes that flopped in the past chose not to do: strike while the iron's hot. He'll do his numbers.

Now and September is a long time away on hip pop time. Homie already 3 hits and a Taylor Swift invite into the game. He gon be considered washed up. By next month.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

Englewood

Bergen county

When did I say it was?

Never said you did homie, just making a statement.
  • Beta
    Options

Englewood

Bergen county

When did I say it was?

Never said you did homie, just making a statement.

*scratches head* uhhh okay?...
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Why you confused?
  • robblr86
    robblr86 Members Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fetty will sell pretty well.
  • robblr86
    robblr86 Members Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    He's going to sell more because he's much more mainstream then migos.

That and (I hate to say) Taylor Swift cosign.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with fetty wap tbh
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Fetty has talent, he can (kinda) sing and he has good melody most of the time. I'm not expecting a Fugees type album or anything too deep, just entertaining songs. Fetty is good at that, if he improves his rapping then he might drop a hot album. Off the strength of My Way and Trap Queen, I'm gonna cop the same day it drops
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Gonna cop

Music is about feeling

Rhyming and being the most lyrical MC ever ain't gonna do nothing for feelings, make some feel good, evoke emotions

This is funny because everyone talks about how the most lyrical MCs cant get buzz. If that is the case why do these ? like fetty flop only able to sell out small club venues. Meanwhile Outkast last year got hundreds of thousands to go to multiple sold out shows in the A. Jigga man does stadium tours and gets near 100,000 people in some of these football stadium. This year the hottest tour of the year is by J cole who was "boring" to most of the ic in 2010.

Music is about feeling but these awkward i box lefty weirdos like fetty flop get hot for a lil then fall off. Meanwhile those who have a legitimate message like Kendrick and Cole and Outkast and Jay actually have long term fanbases.

Fetty may or may not have a long term fanbase, but he's accomplishing big things in the charts now so it can happen. I do agree Fetty needs to improve lyrically for that to happen, but his buzz can't be denied. I can see him lasting awhile in the game actually
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fetty drop this album & it go platinum. He's gonna be the new king of ny
  • Beta
    Options
    Why you confused?

Shhh lol
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hopefully his label is able to eye to eye with him about everything.

The typo ruined this joke for me

Hate when that happens smh
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Fetty drop this album & it go platinum. He's gonna be the new king of ny

I agree.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Stream is out. Imma merge these and make an official thread
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't get it with him, the few songs i heard they all sound the same, props to him making a better life for himself but his music just aint for me
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Fetty dropping tmw.....hope the album is good
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    boomin got me like migos-bando-o.gif
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gonna cop

Music is about feeling

this aint a diss on any artist or nothing and slightly off topic.

but bolded is why i dont get why some of these cats on here are acting like trap/swag/street rap is overpowering and poisoning hip hop overall, its ridiculous. its not making heavy noise like the so called purists fear, they just doin they thing in they lane and theres room so whats the problem. fools be like "nelly aint hip hop i cant wait til he disappear" then turn around and say "he was a flash in the pan" so basically if thats the case why u trippin lol