Straight Outta Compton Movie - Official Thread (8-14)

Options

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    ovoCapo wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    dre is a ? damn lair . why he acting lik he was a rebel and ? . '' all of a sudden Dr. Dre is a G thing,
    but on his old album covers he was a she thing '' - eazy e

Tell us who the real Dr. Dre is, we really wanna know.

your such a ?

U gonna tell us or nah?
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the lad that played yella must have a small head or huge shoulders cause I swear his delts are as large as his head.

O'shea jr started to remind me of Drake at the end of the movie with his haircut I guess lol

Good movie though. biopics are hard to do well because of how much they cover, so they usually feel like they're moving too quickly or that they start to lag towards the end, so I won't hold that against this movie.

I'd like to see some more hip-hop biopics done if they're done as well as this.

I feel like the bloke who played Eazy was definitely the standout of the actors. The bloke that played Yella could do good in some comedies I think. Ren and DOC's actors didn't get enough screentime for me to judge their acting. Dre's actor was alright, I'd have to see him in some different roles to fully judge him.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk if this has been mentioned but they actually hinted at Suge making ? drink ? .. i thought that scene was hilarious
  • nineties
    nineties Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Thereal_ba wrote: »
    nineties wrote: »
    did Suge really do that to someone for taking his spot in the lot? damn!

That really happened.

Lmao the actor nailed the role
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FishNChips wrote: »
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    Does it make yall feel some type of way non hip hop lovers are some opinionated about this movie? I dunno, i feel like only real hip hop heads should check it

smh if you want it to make less than fantastic 4 maybe. why do only hip hop heads have to watch it? only motown and jackson 5 fans can check out the jackson mini-series? only fans of classical music can check out amadeus?

Nah u right, i just hate when ? jump on bandwagons and acted like they always been fans. 90% of ? couldnt tell u the name of a dre or ice cube album . I just hate bandwagon ?
  • Stew
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    The realest ? about the movie was the voices.. e dre and cube all sounded authentic

I noticed that ? too. Cube's not such a surprise for obvious reasons but the Dre ? was like wtf lol
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dre is a ? damn lair . why he acting lik he was a rebel and ? . '' all of a sudden Dr. Dre is a G thing,

your such a ?

U gonna tell us or nah?

maan ? .
  • Stew
    Options

your such a ?

U gonna tell us or nah?

maan ? .

"You're a cot damn liar"
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    jayvon32 wrote: »
    Movie was overall dope. There was a few time lines that didn't match (like Dre being around for the recording of Hail Mary, not mentioning the Dre and Eazy well known disses) other than that superb job.

Movie did have me tripping how they portrayed Dre as this super hard ? at times, especially when he stood up to Suge.

Just cuz Hail Mary came out after dre left doesnt mean it wasnt recorded when he was there

. Dre announced, n made it official that he left death row in March of 96... but he been stopped coming around months prior. Pac recorded Hail Mary of August 96...
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They need to make a suge knight movie... i see 100 mill the 1st week...
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Who was homie they got cowering on the floor supposed to be....... And did easy sign that contract after that... Incident.... They never say outright and I remember watching the arsenio show where he was like Dre was still signed when he made Dre day.

I was like 4/5 when they came out but I got a value recollection of who they were based off videos I saw... It was amazing seeing all the 90s babies in there catching the flick.. We need more hip hop biopics
  • Stew
    Options
    You guys do realize biopics aren't 100% factual right? Leave that to the documentaries

I'm sure Dre didn't really turn around while leaving Death Row and say "Aftermath" when Suge asked him what he's gonna call his new label.

No ? bruh
  • RickyRich
    Options

your such a ?

U gonna tell us or nah?

maan ? .

"You're a cot damn liar"

you a stupid ? . what u gonna ban me now ?
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    They need to make a suge knight movie... i see 100 mill the 1st week...

I do want to see a Suge Knight approved film about Death Row, just for the scene where Dre tells Suge he wishes he could be white. lmao
  • Stew
    Options

your such a ?

U gonna tell us or nah?

maan ? .

"You're a cot damn liar"

Nope, still waiting for you to show us the "real" Dr. Dre.....
  • RickyRich
    edited August 2015
    Options

your such a ?

U gonna tell us or nah?

maan ? .

"You're a cot damn liar"

Nope, still waiting for you to show us the "real" Dr. Dre.....

Reall funny hoe ass ?
  • N YO HOOD
    N YO HOOD Members Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What makes this dope to me is everybody in the film still alive except for eazy so everything seems a little bit more believable
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Why'd they have snoop looking like a kurupt and rich homie quan mashup?
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    You guys do realize biopics aren't 100% factual right? Leave that to the documentaries

I'm sure Dre didn't really turn around while leaving Death Row and say "Aftermath" when Suge asked him what he's gonna call his new label.

LOL! Yeah I was thinkin the same ? . In real life, Suge probably would've copyrighted that ? before Dre got a chance to.

But they should've had somebody like an interviewer asking what Dre gonna call his new label? Would've made more sense...
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Dammmn that was a great movie. I got goosebumps when they performed Dope man. Cinematically great filming.

"Yo Dre, kick in the bassss"
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    How did Yella have a bigger role then Ren tho?

Ren got every right to be ? . ? did not look like him at all.
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why was the snoop character so turned up? He wasn't laid back at all. Looking back at it they also made death row seem like the low point of Dre's life. Death Row was made out to be hell in the movie but they skipped over the chronic, ? , Dogg food, murda was the case, all eyes on me, etc... My point is not that they could have fit all that in a movie but they could have glazed over death row's success with Dre at the helm but Suge ? it up.

But the movie was dope as ? ! I'm not sure another hip hop bio pic is going to work as well as this one did because there I don't see another act who really had the impact that NWA had. Who's story would really make a good movie? I could see a Russell Simmons and Rick Ruben movie, and maybe a roc a fella movie. But we could easily get that biggie ? again.
This discussion has been closed.