The Official "Power" Season 2 Discussion (June 6, 9pm ET) WARNING SPOILERS INSIDE

Options

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »
    I like the show, I follow it, but this ? is not in league with The Wire. It's not even ? close.

For instance, Tommy's puppy runs away and haphazardly catches Holly in the park, who has all the evidence she needs to turn Tommy on Ghost right there with her? Get the ? out of here.

This ? is too simple and too contrived to be compared to The Wire. The plot devices are more reminiscent of a daytime soap.

Uhh dogs have a great sense of smell and if they smell someone they recognize they tend to run towards them. Not unusual the dog would remember Holly' scent, smell her in the park, and run towards her
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the show, I follow it, but this ? is not in league with The Wire. It's not even ? close.

For instance, Tommy's puppy runs away and haphazardly catches Holly in the park, who has all the evidence she needs to turn Tommy on Ghost right there with her? Get the ? out of here.

This ? is too simple and too contrived to be compared to The Wire. The plot devices are more reminiscent of a daytime soap.

hes-right-you-know.jpg

Definitely a good show, but not even in the same class as The Wire.
  • deadeye
    Options
    So Dre really is playing Kanan and wants to be down with Ghost? I guess he didn't make Shawn's body dissapear?!??

Nah, he told Ghost he buried it where no one could find it.

After that, Ghost probably told him to dig it up and have Tasha identify it..
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The underrated thing about this episode is that now other people are suspecting Angela is ? .

When dude confronted her outside that office he already knew Isabel Ruiz didnt show up. Mike, who works for Lobos, now knows that Angie is ? the real Ghost and he played his part well. They have no solid evidence but if she sticks around long enough she will get caught.

There are only so many coincidences in the world bruh. Greg ? up by trusting her and telling her information, she knew it wasnt enough to have her arrested but it was more than enough to slap him with that harassment complaint.

So i can see Lobos having Angie bumped off as a message at some point in the next season.

Also Kanan about to be Lobos new man on the outside, Tommy aint going through with killing Ghost but Kanan will. Its the same offer Lobos gave to Tommy already.
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope finale, i feel like they revealed a lot of info that could've been kept for season 3, but hey... never know what else they got cooking

Why does everyone think kanaan and Tommy are going to be cool?... Kanaan thinks he set him up to get killed by Ghost
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^I agree they went kinda overboard. No complaining tho.

Revealing the Fed working for Lobos AND revealing Kanaan is alive was a lil sudden

Also me n my co-worker been talkin bout Holly coming back middle of season 3 or even seson FOUR. She's that awesome of a wildcard for the show to have randomly pop back up bc she knows almost everything. They got her back already and sleepin in his bed again lol

Just nitpicking, who knows where the story is going, but usually you'd expect all that to be spread out, not jammed into 10 min. Might be a sign of how,much is already planned for season 3
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @warriorrich

Will letoya luckett be in season 3?
  • deadeye
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    @warriorrich

Will letoya luckett be in season 3?

Wrong show.

She's on Ballers.
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [quote="700;8291649"]whoever said the new fbi dude worked for lobos was right

ghost back ? angie, hoes be so irrational, first this hoe changed his number to dont answer, but in the end they back ?

these hoes crazy

i cant blame tommy for not trusting ghost, if my homeboy sent another one of my people to prison for ten years and paid my ? to leave, Id be mad too

is he gon ? him tho, thats the question....for all the money and power...........

why tf did they call tasha to identify shawn punk ? ass

ghost should have just ? shot 50 soon as he walked in, these ? had a ? battle and ?

I knew 50 was gon live, not on some good story line ? , but on some "this ? aint even on fire" I thought it was just bad acting and camerawork.

ghost kilt that hit with stern, that ? was tough

? gon be crazy next season,

[/quote]

appreciate it mah ?
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tommy dies in the beginning of Season 3

Angela gets caught up with Ghost's shadow in Season 3

Lobos gets out in the Finale of Season 3

Malik gets kidnapped in Season 3

La La dies in Season 3

Can't wait. I got my Popcorn and Sweet Iced Tea ready
  • MD_PROPER
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Uhh dogs have a great sense of smell and if they smell someone they recognize they tend to run towards them. Not unusual the dog would remember Holly' scent, smell her in the park, and run towards her

They took this scene from the movie "About Last Night"
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all missed Ghost telling Tommy that Kanan shot Holly.....while they were drinking in the kitchen?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    So with Ghost being outta game starting season 3...what is going to happen to bring him back in?
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So with Ghost being outta game starting season 3...what is going to happen to bring him back in?
    He isn't out of the game though. He only THINKS he is out of the game bruh. He thinks Kanan is dead. He thinks Lobos is dead (he hasn't found out that Lobos survived the hit yet). He had Ruiz disappear. He thinks he cut all ties with everyone who knows he is Ghost (he knows Tommy won't say ? ).

Trust, he is very much still in the game, and I think he going to find out as soon as season 3 starts.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    He isn't out of the game though. He only THINKS he is out of the game bruh. He thinks Kanan is dead. He thinks Lobos is dead (he hasn't found out that Lobos survived the hit yet). He had Ruiz disappear. He thinks he cut all ties with everyone who knows he is Ghost (he knows Tommy won't say ? ).

Trust, he is very much still in the game, and I think he going to find out as soon as season 3 starts.

i know im just saying Ghosrt gonna start moving like a 9 to 5er...something gonna happen to bring him back to the game..maybe Tommy or Kanan trying to body him...im just asking what yall think it will be?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lobos knew everything and ghost ? his plan up getting everyone arrested and then the failed hit. Tommy is just a ? in all this to lobos.
  • PMoneyQueenz
    PMoneyQueenz Members Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Bumps 50 Cent "they burn me"
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »

i know im just saying Ghosrt gonna start moving like a 9 to 5er...something gonna happen to bring him back to the game..maybe Tommy or Kanan trying to body him...im just asking what yall think it will be?
    He finds out immediately that Lobos survived the hit. Either through Angie or Tommy.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    King of GA wrote: »
    Some of this was wack writing and makes no sense...
    Tasha know Shawn went to ? Ghost but she mad at Ghost cause Shawn dead? Even if Ghost had killed him, what the hell she mad for? Stupid ass pigeons...

The Holly ? made no sense. Who gives a damn that Ghost sent her away? I guess that did build Tommy up as an irrationally emotional hothead so perhaps logic doesn't matter to him...stupid though...none of Ghost's original crew can see past their own nose...no big picture view at all...

How would she know?That was Kanan's plan.

unless I'm forgetting something

I am curious still of if the body was supposed to be found or not and why Tasha was called.He pulled out his phone when he was shot.I doubt Kanan just put that phone back into a dead Shawn's pocket.

Or maybe the plan was for the body to be found and blame it on Ghost.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    King of GA wrote: »
    Some of this was wack writing and makes no sense...
    Tasha know Shawn went to ? Ghost but she mad at Ghost cause Shawn dead? Even if Ghost had killed him, what the hell she mad for? Stupid ass pigeons...

The Holly ? made no sense. Who gives a damn that Ghost sent her away? I guess that did build Tommy up as an irrationally emotional hothead so perhaps logic doesn't matter to him...stupid though...none of Ghost's original crew can see past their own nose...no big picture view at all...

How would she know?That was Kanan's plan.

unless I'm forgetting something

I am curious still of if the body was supposed to be found or not and why Tasha was called.He pulled out his phone when he was shot.I doubt Kanan just put that phone back into a dead Shawn's pocket.

Or maybe the plan was for the body to be found and blame it on Ghost.

I think yall overthinking this. I'm pretty sure that will be explained next season. The only real explanation you can give so far would be Tasha being the last person he contacted.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isolating Ghost like that is a Kanan tactic. Perhaps Dre told Ghost one thing but homie still playing the middle.

Shawn's body reappearing can go one of two ways
    1) Ghost is sending Tasha a message.
    2) Kanan is trying to permanently sever Ghost and Tasha from each other (which makes it slightly easier to get revenge on both).

Without Shawn. Tasha has nobody, without Tommy all Ghost has is Angela, who stupidly thinks its all gravy now.

• MD_PROPER
    Options
    I'm calling it now..Tasha wont believe Ghost didn't ? Shawn until it comes out of Kanan's mouth (yawl know he talk too much)
    Kanan is going after Tasha to bring Ghost out.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I wanna know who Tommy was talking to when he was on the phone sayin he just got thru talking to Lobos and (i forgot whos name he said) dont suspect nothing

The part right before he sees Holly and that stupid dog

Me and my lady was tryna figure out for minutes who that coulda been on the other end of the phone