Straight Outta Compton Movie - Official Thread (8-14)

Options

Comments

• Siqnih Da Trapper
    Siqnih Da Trapper Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Straight outta bompton!
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Straight outta bompton!

..WHEN SUGE SAID IT N THE MOVIE, I WAS LIKE I AINT KNOW THEY WAS SAYING THAT BACK THEN
  • TheRealness91
    TheRealness91 Members Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Options
    But ...onto my favorite part of the film ....NO QUESTION it had to be when they were recording boyz in the hood ....and them goofy ass east coast ? didn't know what the ? how the ? or where the ? to begin ...I mean when them dusty ass east coast ? got they goofy fake LL Cool J looking kangol hat wearing ? tossed the ? up out the studio and checked by them WESTSIDE ? with a bottle of Yak the WHOLE DAMN CROWD OUT HERE WAS LAUGHING AT THEM east coast ? ...LMAOOOOOOO ....now that ? was some of the best cinematography that I've seen in years ..straight riveting ...for that scene alone this movie deserves the academy award ...? sag awards all that ? ...brilliant and ACCURATE on how them east coast ? looked back in the days baby! I LOVED IT!!

WESTSIDE.

lmao. Damn I'm going to see it tomorrow I'm excited.

• FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    JerfyT wrote: »
    There's another hour of cut footage that will be released as a directors cut, but you can't really release a 4 hour movie into theaters

TITANIC WAS 3 HOURS PLUS RIGHT....

That wasn't a biopic though
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FishNChips wrote: »
    You guys do realize biopics aren't 100% factual right? Leave that to the documentaries

I'm sure Dre didn't really turn around while leaving Death Row and say "Aftermath" when Suge asked him what he's gonna call his new label.

Lol for real just like the TLC movie, they replaced Suge with Master P when they talked about Lefteye doing The Super Nova album.
    Everybody knew she was part of Tha Row when she went by N.I.N.A., not No Limit lol.
  • FishNChips
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    I just seen it. Dope movie my only pet peeve is when they ask a question like so what are you gonna call the label? Camera zooms in to Eazy's face ............"Ruthless". I hate when movies do that ? .

Nah the corniest part was when Suge asked Dre what he was going to call the new label.

*epic zoom* ....."Aftermath"

raydisgusted.png

I was expecting the "and ain't nothin after that" part too lmao
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum
    Intelligent_Hoodlum Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had seen the movie last night, they glossed over sum parts of the storyline but all n all it was dope
    The movie theatre on my block was so chunk tho lol, it looked like the let out at the club
    It end up being sold out there so me and my dawgs end up having to drive cross town to catch it
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Couldnt nobody have played Cube role better than his son tho, he did that..

Yea, there was a couple times I thought it was the real cube lol Dre was on point too.

• Intelligent_Hoodlum
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @_Goldie_ wrote: »
    Yea, there was a couple times I thought it was the real cube lol Dre was on point too.

Who u telling, the scene were them bloods ran up on their bus had me rolling
    Cube say sum Bloods upped the fire on us then gave us an motivational speech lol
    Thats what i liked about his character tho, he wasnt portrayed as sumthin he not tryna be
    Cube was depicted as that young cat who witnessed all these things but was really just
    a poet at the end of the day. Plus he was the only one wise enough, not to fall for Heller fuckery
    Above the Law gave them boyz the business tho lol they aint show it but King Sun n them had to jump in to save em..
  • FishNChips
    Options

I think an actually trained actor could've played the role better, but as far as getting someone as close to Cube as possible? Yeah his son was good.
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum
    Options
    As far as Dre, bruh who portayed him did a good job, i cant front but they still left alot from his character out

I see why kokane, Ren and all them was mad now
    They wanted the story to focus more on Ruthless the label but Dre/Cube wanted this movie
    to be strictly about the group and how everybody branched off cause the Jew was ? up the money.
    Eazy put way to much trust in him smh
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    FishNChips wrote: »

I think an actually trained actor could've played the role better, but as far as getting someone as close to Cube as possible? Yeah his son was good.

Cube hired a trainer for him and he took classes for a year for the role.
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum
    Options
    ^ That line in particular was a lil bit but when ol girl walked out and E start breakin down wasnt nuthing funny bout that
This discussion has been closed.