The Official 2015/2016 NFL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• tupacfan12
    tupacfan12 Members Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

TheBossman wrote: »
    Cam really ain't got no wrs now.
    Damn shame, all he got is Greg Olsen, defense might keep them in games tho but best I see them is 8-8 or 7-9
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cam need a gm like Indy get him a bunch of weapons. Instead of ? save us
  • tupacfan12
    edited August 2015
    Options
    That GM is really setting Cam up for failure, can't have the star QB you just paid mega dollars to scrambling for his life every game cause he can't find a open ? receiver and the O-line is ass juice
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't sleep on Funchess
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

? like this is why it's hard to be a Redskins fan SMH

RG3 better turn magical when the season starts.........
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pay your tithes to kneesus, that's all I'll say.

I had either the Panthers or Falcons taking the NFC South, looking more like Falcons now.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lord have mercy kneesus Christ he's just nice acl sliced like a ginsu
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Stabler, Stanfel named 2016 HOF Senior Nominees

By Chris Wesseling
    Around the NFL Writer
    Published: Aug. 19, 2015 at 03:54 p.m.
    Updated: Aug. 19, 2015 at 06:34 p.m.

The Pro Football Hall of Fame Senior Committee nominated former Oakland Raiders quarterback Ken Stabler and former Detroit Lions and Washington Redskins guard ? Stanfel for the Class of 2016.

The committee considers players who have been retired for more than 25 years.

When Stabler passed away at age 69 in early July, his candidacy for the Hall of Fame drew a groundswell of renewed support.

A colorful, iconic character in football's most rebellious era, Stabler was the leader of the 1970s Raiders -- one of the most celebrated teams in NFL history.
    Watch out-of-market games

A member of the 1970s All-Decade Team, Stabler was arguably the NFL's top quarterback from the time he assumed starting responsibilities in 1973 through 1977.

In that five-year span, Stabler captured an MVP award (1974) and a Super Bowl Ring (1976), leading the Raiders to the playoffs each year en route to a 50-11-1 regular-season record. Twice he led the league in touchdowns and completion percentage, while earning a reputation as a comeback artist as well as the most accurate passer in the game.

Because the Raiders were a mainstay in the playoffs and on national television -- often against the dreaded rival Steelers -- Stabler played a starring role in some of the most famous plays in history: "The Holy Roller," "Ghost to the Post," and the "Sea of Hands." After Stabler's 30-yard touchdown run appeared to seal a 1972 playoff victory for Oakland, Pittsburgh's "Immaculate Reception" robbed him of another trip to the Super Bowl.

An All-Decade offensive guard in the 1950s, Stanfel was previously nominated by the Senior Committee in 1993 and 2012.

Because of a knee injury sustained in the 1951 College All-Star Game and a stint with the U.S. Army in the Pacific theatre, Stanfel's playing career lasted just seven seasons.

One of the most decorated players in Lions history, Stanfel was a star on the 1952 and 1953 championship teams, earning the team MVP award for the latter season.

Stanfel moved on to a lengthy coaching career that crested with a Super Bowl ring as the offensive line coordinator for the Chicago Bears' dominant ground attack in 1985.

To gain entry to the Hall of Fame, Stabler and Stanfel will need approval from at least 80 percent of the full voting body next January.

Damn shame Stabler had to die to get in.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    Honestly the Pro Football Hall of Fame is a joke.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tupacfan12 wrote: »
    Got Saints taking NFC South even before the Benjamin injury, that being said wouldn't surprise me if Falcons take the division being how weak that Rob Ryan defense is

Atlanta defense were worst then our last year.
  • tupacfan12
    Options
    Honestly the Pro Football Hall of Fame is a joke.
    It's so politically motivated it's disgusting, the fact that Charles Haley had to wait 10+ years cause he was never buddy buddy with the press is a perfect example; T.O. will probably be dead before he makes the hall as well
  • tupacfan12
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Got Saints taking NFC South even before the Benjamin injury, that being said wouldn't surprise me if Falcons take the division being how weak that Rob Ryan defense is

I know but under Dan Quinn it probably has a chance to improve more so than New Orleans, the Saints secondary is solid but idk how serious Brandon Browner's injury is and a Rob Ryan defense just can't be trusted coming from a Dallas fan
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Dan Quinn?

The guy from Seattle right?
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Earl Thomas
    Sherman
    Kam

Ain't walking thru the Georgia dome.

He didn't do ? in Seattle except take over a top 3 defense when Gus Bradley left.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options

I know but under Dan Quinn it probably has a chance to improve more so than New Orleans, the Saints secondary is solid but idk how serious Brandon Browner's injury is and a Rob Ryan defense just can't be trusted coming from a Dallas fan

Saints fans really don't get this. Dallas fans have seen this first hand, his defense is never going to look anywhere near as good as it did when he first took over, it will only get worse.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tbh he had a lot of holes in his defense due to injury when he was with us.. It wasnt a him thing it was roster health thing he got the raw deal when he was fired imo
  • tupacfan12
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Earl Thomas
    Sherman
    Kam

Ain't walking thru the Georgia dome.

He didn't do ? in Seattle except take over a top 3 defense when Gus Bradley left.
    I'm not saying Atlanta will be another Seattle, I'm saying if he could take that unit from bottom of the barrel to average than that'll be enough to win the division; I picked to Saints to win it cause they're gonna run the ball more, control the clock, keep that defense off the field as long as they can plus Quinn is a first time head coach which means he's a unknown quantity
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Only passes Tebow can complete.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Barner goin be nice on this roster.

Three-headed monster reborn.
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Watch First take tomorrow talk about this for one hour.
  • tupacfan12
    Options
    Panthers are looking at Reggie Wayne as possible replacement for Benjamin per NFL.com
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carolina got to have the slowest WR corp in the league, even before KB went down.