Dr. Umar Johnson at The Breakfast Club

Options

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The older i get the more and more i've come to the realization the root of blacks problem in this country and other countries stems from financial literacy. A formal education is quite overrated and this is coming from a ? with three degrees. lol We don't know how to manage money, how to make money, and how to recycle it in our communities. Then we find ourselves living check to check in low paying jobs, having to depend on white lending companies who don't want to lend us ? ,etc. Money is the deep down root cause of blacks issues imo. Our parents didn't know ? about finances and in return they didn't teach us ? .
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    The older i get the more and more i've come to the realization the root of blacks problem in this country and other countries stems from financial literacy. A formal education is quite overrated and this is coming from a ? with three degrees. lol We don't know how to manage money, how to make money, and how to recycle it in our communities. Then we find ourselves living check to check in low paying jobs, having to depend on white lending companies who don't want to lend us ? ,etc. Money is the deep down root cause of blacks issues imo. Our parents didn't know ? about finances and in return they didn't teach us ? .

Socioeconomics pretty much sums up the entire issue.. Financial literacy is only part of the problem.. But you aren't wrong..
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your theory about financial literacy is false a la Black Wall Street, and you're marginalizing how rigged the game really is. If we found a way to make more money than them, the dollar would mysteriously crash and now whatever we lack would become top value. Or they would make what we're doing illegal, taxes, propaganda, claim something to do with terrorism, or just overthrow it with brute force a la Black Wall Street. They're controlling the game in this country, and won't hesitate to cheat or do whatever it takes for them to stay on top.

The ONLY way to make moves is to pursue knowledge of: yourself, your history, your potential, your situation then everything else will fall into place. A ? with long money won't help the community, an uncle tom with deep pockets won't help his people. A selfish business man with a chain of corporations won't spread the wealth and will ignore unity for growth.

Finance is important, but we need to get the mind right first.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options

Your theory about financial literacy is false a la Black Wall Street, and you're marginalizing how rigged the game really is. If we found a way to make more money than them, the dollar would mysteriously crash and now whatever we lack would become top value. Or they would make what we're doing illegal, taxes, propaganda, claim something to do with terrorism, or just overthrow it with brute force a la Black Wall Street. They're controlling the game in this country, and won't hesitate to cheat or do whatever it takes for them to stay on top.

The ONLY way to make moves is to pursue knowledge of: yourself, your history, your potential, your situation then everything else will fall into place. A ? with long money won't help the community, an uncle tom with deep pockets won't help his people. A selfish business man with a chain of corporations won't spread the wealth and will ignore unity for growth.

i agree with ya point. the game is rigged, yet we can do both the financial literacy , and get our minds right at the same time.. funny how u ain't mention guns. the devil is a savage beast..
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

i agree with ya point. the game is rigged, yet we can do both the financial literacy , and get our minds right at the same time.. funny how u ain't mention guns. the devil is a savage beast..

I disagree. They can simply give all the ? the money (which is what they're doing now), and nothing will change. Why don't we have schools already in place, similar to what Umar wants to setup? Because the people with money aren't thinking on that level. Because...? Their mind isn't chiseled.

That's why the mind needs to be on point first. Once this step is complete, we can weed out the fakers and agents, and really make moves.
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    This better be worth the ? hour........

It definitely is
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    People have to stop using Black wall street getting burned down nearly 100 years ago as an excuse for the Black community not to pursue financial empowerment in 2015. It's scary boogeyman ? and it gives white people way too much credit.
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finna check this out real soon.....
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great interview.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would love to see a conversation between Farrakhan and Dr. Umar. He talks about educational things I can relate to due to my son. I haven't put my son on any meds, but I'm considering putting him on cannabis oil. I'm trying to get my son up outta that ? .
  • ConsciousStripper
    ConsciousStripper Members Posts: 42
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Lord Ether wrote: »
    1. Umar Johnson is a school psychologist, nothing more. He went to the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. During his final year he presented his desertion only for such to be denied; he never received his doctorate. He is a school psychologist at the masters degree level, nothing more. Umar Johnson is also not apart of the American Psychological Association, nor the National Association of School Psychologist.

2. He is correct that homosexuality was once labeled a mental disorder according to the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual); however, what he leaves out to project his bias of homosexuals is that such also prescribed blacks of being intellectually inferior of whites, where it was believed that blacks could not benefit from psychological treatment.

3. He's correct, black people are extremely multicultural. Black people love to date outside their race, they also love to fight for the rights of other people, while never receiving it back.

4. The nature vs. nurture debate is a long steady conversation in psychology. And whether Umar Johnson doesn't like it, their are actually studies that show their is an alcohol gene that can be passed down amongst families. The Nf1 (neurofibromatosis type 1) regulates a signaling pathway that’s linked with alcohol dependence by affecting the production of the neurotransmitter GABA. While an individuals environment plays a role in their behavior an individuals genetic make up is also a contributing factor.

5. While their is an over projection of labeling individual as ADHD their is a different element in the brains of individuals with ADHD and non-ADHD individuals.

1d0c2460.jpg

95% of what Umar Johnson stated in this interview goes against the code of ethics set forth by the APA. It would be better if he was not as bias.

You sound like an agent.

I'm a second year graduate student in a psychology program at a public univeristy. Everything I stated in that post is an actual fact! The problem is black people are looking for a moses; one man to come along and bring us to freedom. The fact that you think that I'm an agent, only for speaking the truth is actually troubling. Considering the fact that not only is Umar Johnson not a doctor, not only is Umar Johnson speaking about issues in which he have no training in, not only was Umar Johnson a principle of a charter school where he was fired after five months... But Umar Johnson is never receiving the funds to manifest a school. So what is he gonna do with all the money that is routed to his bank account? Is he gonna spend it on his baby mommas? Is he gonna spend it on some more strippers? Umar Johnson has no plan, and no amount of tuition is gonna start a school off the ground. The amount Umar Johnson is projecting is to only purchase a school that needs major renovation. Maybe if you people took your head out of Umar Johnson's ass and realized that he is flawed you would actually be able to see the light.

This is a man who doesn't even have a doctorate degree, this is a man who only worked as a school psychologist for a short couple of years..This is a man who actually headed a charter school only to be fired after 5 months, so how is Umar Johnson gonna run a former university campus when he couldn't even run a small charter school?

...And whether you like it or not, agree or disagree with what I stated everything Umar Johnson stated in this interview goes against the code of ethics set forth by the APA and the NASP! You cannot be a psychologist while projecting your bias to dictate reality.

Umar Johnson reminds me of those black Israelites who stand on street corners all day talking about the white man is the devil, and how the white woman teaches and births white supremacy to white men, but behind closed doors they are all ? white women.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    How many times is this girl going to make new screen names.

Why would umar run a school under the ethnics of the nasp .... The whole point is to try and break away from the mainstream education system as much as possible.

Are there issues with what umar wants to do??? Yes he's far too ambitious so he won't get all that ? and he also needs more transparency, he should also build a better organization around him.
  • ConsciousStripper
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

Why would umar run a school under the ethnics of the nasp .... The whole point is to try and break away from the mainstream education system as much as possible.

Are there issues with what umar wants to do??? Yes he's far too ambitious so he won't get all that ? and he also needs more transparency, he should also build a better organization around him.

You are such a big idiot!

You are not even an African American, so why do you care about what I'm doing, and what I say about Umar Johnson? Don't you have better things to worry about? Jamaican men in Canada and the UK are marrying white women at a higher rate than that of black women, go focus on that, go focus on your people. Get your head out of Umar Johnson's ass! Because it appears you are becoming a natural ? .
  • zzombie
    Options

You are not even an African American, so why do you care about what I'm doing, and what I say about Umar Johnson? Don't you have better things to worry about? Jamaican men in Canada and the UK are marrying white women at a higher rate than that of black women, go focus on that, go focus on your people. Get your head out of Umar Johnson's ass! Because it appears you are becoming a natural ? .

On behalf of all the Jamaican men that have nutted in your mouth and kicked you out there apartments I apologize.

I like umar am a pan-africanist I don't see African Americans as being fundamentally different from my own people.

I don't care about what you are doing but you are spamming the forum. Stop that ? . Now post up a derogatory picture of Jamaican men if you want I don't care. I've tried to have respectful conversations with you but you always make that impossible so ? it from now on I'll just troll the ? out of you.
  • ConsciousStripper
    Options

On behalf of all the Jamaican men that have nutted in your mouth and kicked you out there apartments I apologize.

I like umar am a pan-africanist I don't see African Americans as being fundamentally different from my own people.

I don't care about what you are doing but you are spamming the forum. Stop that ? . Now post up a derogatory picture of Jamaican men if you want I don't care. I've tried to have respectful conversations with you but you always make that impossible so ? it from now on I'll just troll the ? out of you.

Kicked me out? ? 's with mops on there heads? Really?

1991730_o.gif

A hypersexual group of monkeys, that can't control their ? ... kicked me out? When they are actually being pimped out by white women?

30trplh.jpg

Rent -A- Dread, Google it you natural ? .

Respectful? Stop the ? . You have never been a high-brow poster on this forum. If you were on any other forum you would have been banned a long time ago. The only reason you are kept around is due to your ignorance of promoting misogyny, internalized racism, and homophobia which are acceptable norms within Hip-Hop culture, and this cess-pool of a forum. You are nothing but an anti-intellectual. You may have the rest of these ? fooled but I see right past your ? . Anytime anyone offers an opinion that is to the far left you nignogs label it as trolling. I bet when the rest of the world thought the world was flat Eratosthenes, Posidonius and El Mamun would have all been labeled as trolls too for saying the earth was round. You are an idiot.

And... the only reason I rejoined this forum was because my bans were unfair, the fact I have mods messaging me threatening to ban me if I don't stop insulting white women and non-black women on here proves my point of how much of a ? ? you all are.

LSA and the thecoli are way better forums than this cess pool.

Bye, ? !

tumblr_ljilf1Fxyx1qhyiiw.gif

• zzombie
    Options

1991730_o.gif

A hypersexual group of monkeys, that can't control their ? ... kicked me out? When they are actually being pimped out by white women?

30trplh.jpg

Respectful? Stop the ? . You have never been a high-brow poster on this forum. If you were on any other forum you would have been banned a long time ago. The only reason you are kept around is due to your ignorance of promoting misogyny, internalized racism, and homophobia which are acceptable norms within Hip-Hop culture, and this cess-pool of a forum. You are nothing but an anti-intellectual. You may have the rest of these ? fooled but I see right past your ? . Anytime anyone offers an opinion that is to the far left you nignogs label it as trolling. I bet when the rest of the world thought the world was flat Eratosthenes, Posidonius and El Mamun would have all been labeled as trolls too for saying the earth was round. You are an idiot.

And... the only reason I rejoined this forum was because my bans were unfair, the fact I have mods messaging me threatening to ban me if I don't stop insulting white women and non-black women on here proves my point of how much of a ? ? you all are.

Bye, ? !

Notice you denied them kicking you out but not them nutting in your mouth. I don't care what you say about Jamaican men you got no frills ? foh. ? you are clearly jealous of white women. The only cesspool is between your ? legs now go ? with some ? cakes it will make that festering hole you call a ? smell better.
  • ConsciousStripper
    Options

1991730_o.gif

30trplh.jpg

Bye, ? !

Notice you denied them kicking you out but not them nutting in your mouth. I don't care what you say about Jamaican men you got no frills ? foh. ? you are clearly jealous of white women. The only cesspool is between your ? legs now go ? with some ? cakes it will make that festering hole you call a ? smell better.

And your broke ? , wide nose, no bone in your nose having ass is jealous of white men. Matter of fact your ass wish you was white. That's why you always on some "white mans a ? " and "Oh, I'm up holding patriarchy," which is nothing but your broke ass imitating the white mans British victorian system of patriarchy, which he taught to you, along with giving you that bible of yours which you clearly up hold. Jamaicans have the lowest IQ out of all the Black diaspora. So you projecting your hypersexual exploits is not surprising, as thats what all oppressed men do. Only dummies think that sex gives them power.

I'll suck your ? with a blade and my mouth, and bite it off after I'm done, and that of your Jamaican brothers before your small ? ? ever had a chance to nut in my mouth.

The Pro-Black/ Pan-African movement is nothing but a joke, all you negros wanna do is replace white men at the top, while leaving black women where they at. The majority of you all are ? white women anyway, while spewing that pro-black ? . Thats why I don't have no problem when white boys shoot nignogs who look like you in the street. Because you are nothing but a bottom of the totem pole ? male, who has a baby momma! Now sit and spin on that you loose ? ? , who bottom for white men. Is that why you left Jamaica ? ? So you can now have access and get ? by all the white men you desired back home? Only you would know if the white man is a natural ? ! You need to super glue your ? shut, maybe then you will stop being a ? by the white man.

Your avatar looking ass in here trying to come for me, ? your last name is that of a white man, your first language is that of a white man, you practice a white mans religion, you spewing that pro black ? on a white mans computer. But you upset at me for going in on white women? ? your ancestors were ? by white men, and your ass is still getting ? by white men. Now remained pressed moose face!

Oh, but let me going in on white men... You nignogs co-sign that ? .

Oh, but let me say non-black women have non-human DNA, which is a scientific fact... then i'm trolling according to you nignogs.

Where is Zimmerman when you need him?

178250_o.gif
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man listen. At the end of the day black people in America need to stop looking for celebrities to fund causes or donate their hard earn money to ? . It's the other 30 million black mfs who have the power to affect change. ? always looking for leadership in black leaders or celebs which is wrong imo.

This is the stupidest and most naive ?

You only take this stance cause he specifically name Jay Z and you're a ? groupie

These celebs have the biggest platform...once you're in that light, you have the responsibility to do certain ? and set examples because whether you want it to be that way or not, millions of little black kids are following and looking up to you

Hold these ? accountable

A regular civilian don't have the reach a celeb does....We all can't be leaders all the time...

He addressed that ? ? you talking about...the people put that ? money in their pockets because they believe in you...now reach back and uplift them...we don't have the luxury to be out for our ? self once you attain certain levels of success

We ? behind in this country and getting ? lapped cause of this ? mindset and that's why we get treated like ? and waking ? up and getting them to believe start with these ? with the platform to reach millions doing their ? part

• phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Man listen. At the end of the day black people in America need to stop looking for celebrities to fund causes or donate their hard earn money to ? . It's the other 30 million black mfs who have the power to affect change. ? always looking for leadership in black leaders or celebs which is wrong imo.

This is the stupidest and most naive ?

You only take this stance cause he specifically name Jay Z and you're a ? groupie

These celebs have the biggest platform...once you're in that light, you have the responsibility to do certain ? and set examples because whether you want it to be that way or not, millions of little black kids are following and looking up to you

Hold these ? accountable

A regular civilian don't have the reach a celeb does....We all can't be leaders all the time...

He addressed that ? ? you talking about...the people put that ? money in their pockets because they believe in you...now reach back and uplift them...we don't have the luxury to be out for our ? self once you attain certain levels of success

We ? behind in this country and getting ? lapped cause of this ? mindset and that's why we get treated like ? and waking ? up and getting them to believe start with these ? with the platform to reach millions doing their ? part

Exactly. And no one says that they have to be the main face of anything. Since they're in those Higher End Circles then they know those Higher Class Blacks (even if it's cordial ? ). Just put the resources together and call it a day.

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't watch the video. Only because, I am very familiar with Umar and his views.

I agree with Umar 100%. Specifically his diagnosis and observations regarding Black Boys and the school system.

Having a teenaged son, being active in his academic life and having conversations with other observant Black parents Umar is spot on.

One of the issues I think Black parents are dealing with is, the idea that ALL of our children NEED to go to college. This thinking is absurd and is simply another WHITE pie in the sky fallacy that we have fallen for hook line and sinker. Most of the boys that are exceptional students are, awkward, non-social, geeks. We have to strive for balance of healthy young men who can operate in the class room and in the community. The current educational system doesn't provide this balance. It's a one size fits all curriculum. Which for the majority of Blacks boys is sit still, do what you are told and regurgitate this ? I am feeding you or else?

Blacks need to get back to VALUING KNOWLEDGE in whatever capacity we see fit for our offspring. The reality is, every area we educate ourselves in doesn't have to produce large amounts of Money. I believe if we can instill a Love of reading, and knowledge seeking not just for grade points, money and status we can make some headway.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sugar intake and diet.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _? _ wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »
    this is why Breakfast Club ? on Thot 97

But Ebro actually has discussions not just addressing rumors

stop fam
  • zzombie
    Options

1991730_o.gif

30trplh.jpg

Bye, ? !

And your broke ? , wide nose, no bone in your nose having ass is jealous of white men. Matter of fact your ass wish you was white. That's why you always on some "white mans a ? " and "Oh, I'm up holding patriarchy," which is nothing but your broke ass imitating the white mans British victorian system of patriarchy, which he taught to you, along with giving you that bible of yours which you clearly up hold. Jamaicans have the lowest IQ out of all the Black diaspora. So you projecting your hypersexual exploits is not surprising, as thats what all oppressed men do. Only dummies think that sex gives them power.

I'll suck your ? with a blade and my mouth, and bite it off after I'm done, and that of your Jamaican brothers before your small ? ? ever had a chance to nut in my mouth.

The Pro-Black/ Pan-African movement is nothing but a joke, all you negros wanna do is replace white men at the top, while leaving black women where they at. The majority of you all are ? white women anyway, while spewing that pro-black ? . Thats why I don't have no problem when white boys shoot nignogs who look like you in the street. Because you are nothing but a bottom of the totem pole ? male, who has a baby momma! Now sit and spin on that you loose ? ? , who bottom for white men. Is that why you left Jamaica ? ? So you can now have access and get ? by all the white men you desired back home? Only you would know if the white man is a natural ? ! You need to super glue your ? shut, maybe then you will stop being a ? by the white man.

Your avatar looking ass in here trying to come for me, ? your last name is that of a white man, your first language is that of a white man, you practice a white mans religion, you spewing that pro black ? on a white mans computer. But you upset at me for going in on white women? ? your ancestors were ? by white men, and your ass is still getting ? by white men. Now remained pressed moose face!

Oh, but let me going in on white men... You nignogs co-sign that ? .

Oh, but let me say non-black women have non-human DNA, which is a scientific fact... then i'm trolling according to you nignogs.

Where is Zimmerman when you need him?

178250_o.gif

Lol ? a whole essay. Foh my ancestors killed white men you stupid ? . Every time you see a black man with a white woman your heart burns.