Options
    They don't give a ? lol.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    Funny thing about the headsets...the NFL controls the communications for both teams. Not the home teams.

And per the nfl rule, if one side is having communications problems. They immediately cut off the other teams head sets.( which is what happened)

So neither team was able to communicate to their coaches.

You are absolutely incorrect about the headsets being cut off & neither team being able to communicate, sir.
    He says the league was on the verge of shutting off the headsets used by coaches, but then got things fixed.

http://www.usnews.com/news/sports/articles/2015/09/10/the-latest-on-nfl-opener-rain-dampens-pregame-festivities

League still runs the communications system...but the league cheating for the pats

So its all good! We got the NFL in our back pockets.

Whitey Bulger style!
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If steelers had Bryant and Bell they probably would've won.

• (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    Funny thing about the headsets...the NFL controls the communications for both teams. Not the home teams.

And per the nfl rule, if one side is having communications problems. They immediately cut off the other teams head sets.( which is what happened)

So neither team was able to communicate to their coaches.

You are absolutely incorrect about the headsets being cut off & neither team being able to communicate, sir.
    He says the league was on the verge of shutting off the headsets used by coaches, but then got things fixed.

http://www.usnews.com/news/sports/articles/2015/09/10/the-latest-on-nfl-opener-rain-dampens-pregame-festivities

League still runs the communications system...but the league cheating for the pats

So its all good! We got the NFL in our back pockets.

Whitey Bulger style!

We'ee talking about a signal scramble/signal jam. That in no way requires having access to the central communications system.

*waits for next excuse*
  • (ob)Scene
    edited September 2015
    Options
    At Gillette Stadium, the scrambling and jamming of the opponents' coach-to-quarterback radio line -- "small s---" that many teams do, according to a former Pats assistant coach -- occurred so often that one team asked a league official to sit in the coaches' box during the game and wait for it to happen. Sure enough, on a key third down, the headset went out.

An SI report had similar claims:

But representatives from several teams told SI they have experienced problems with the coaches' equipment at Gillette—echoing a complaint from the Jaguars after their 2006 playoff loss there, when coach Jack Del Rio said his team's headsets "mysteriously malfunctioned" for most of the first half. In May, Browns linebacker Karlos Dansby told ProFootballTalk.com that his on-field headset stopped working when his Cardinals played the Patriots in 2008, and he does not think it was an accident: "They gonna do what they gotta do to win. It's just how they operate."

It wouldn't make sense to futz with an opponents' radio system for an entire game, because of a rule requiring both teams to go without radios if one team's isn't working. But in short bursts, one could really irritate an opposing coaching staff at critical moments by messing with their signal. All the Patriots would have to do is figure out their opponents' frequency -- again, not under their control -- and broadcast something else on it.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/9/10/9308763/patriots-steelers-coaches-headsets-cheating-deflategate-spygate

And here we go again. Is it a coincidence things got resolved just as the league was getting set to turn off both teams headsets?
  • ghost!
    Options
    Cbs sports

Mike Tomlin irate over headset issues: 'Always the case' at New England

By Will Brinson / NFL Writer

September 11, 2015 12:16 AM ET

Even with the NFL releasing a statement on the matter late Thursday to try and quash any concerns the public or Pittsburgh might have with the headset issue.

"In the first quarter of tonight’s game, the Pittsburgh coaches experienced interference in their headsets caused by a stadium power infrastructure issue, which was exacerbated by the inclement weather," the league said in a statement. "The coaches’ communications equipment, including the headsets, is provided by the NFL for both clubs use on game day. Once the power issue was addressed, the equipment functioned properly with no additional issues."

You can go get the link and read that part yourself. Thats sn NFL statement not mine.

I expect these kind of stories after every patriot win.

Know what i have to say...

"ON TO BUFFALO "-

• (ob)Scene
    Options
    Cbs sports

Mike Tomlin irate over headset issues: 'Always the case' at New England

By Will Brinson / NFL Writer

September 11, 2015 12:16 AM ET

Even with the NFL releasing a statement on the matter late Thursday to try and quash any concerns the public or Pittsburgh might have with the headset issue.

"In the first quarter of tonight’s game, the Pittsburgh coaches experienced interference in their headsets caused by a stadium power infrastructure issue, which was exacerbated by the inclement weather," the league said in a statement. "The coaches’ communications equipment, including the headsets, is provided by the NFL for both clubs use on game day. Once the power issue was addressed, the equipment functioned properly with no additional issues."

You can go get the link and read that part yourself. Thats sn NFL statement not mine.

I expect these kind of stories after every patriot win.

Know what i have to say...

"ON TO BUFFALO "-

Lol that has PR written all over it. That explanation in no way explains what the only logical cause for the issue would be.

The cause being the signal being jammed. "Stadium power infrastructure issue." WTF does that even mean? Their headphones weren't cut off so "power issues" aren't resulting in you hearing radio broadcasts. Weather is a reasonable cause for the problem but unlikely. Especially considering the fact that this specific issue is another reoccurring problem with New England--as stated in my previous post.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Patriots cheated again....

Sky is blue?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All teams need to push the envelope the same way new England does. The nfl let all that ? slide ? it be ignant too.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If steelers had Bryant and Bell they probably would've won.

Not the way they played last night. Never seen a team get that many yards and not execute when it matters.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I WANT MY ? FOOTBALL TO BE FOOTBALL NOT ? USA VS RUSSIA COLD WAR SPY TYPE ? WE DONT NEED ? JAMES BOND TO INTERCEPT OPPONENTS PLAYBOOKS AND ? WTF

BUT SOMEHOW THIS ? IS COOL TO YOU ? ASS PATS FANS
  • ghost!
    edited September 2015
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    All teams need to push the envelope the same way new England does. The nfl let all that ? slide ? it be ignant too.

Funny thing is..all teams do.

Case in point. The Falcons pumping crowd noise into the stadium. Joe Montana admitted his linemen use to use "stickum" on their arms. Rice of course admitting that too.

? just dont know all the sh*t these teams do.

• Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First game of the season and these ? ? are saying we should be concerned with a revamped defense. Like the steelers are ? scrubs or something smh. How bad did we look last year in the first 4 games. ? are straight prisoner's of the moment thats why we always end up number one or contending.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if there was ever an NFL type death penalty, the Pats should get it
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So steelers were hearin the pats announcers in headset and rule if one teams headset dont work the other team.must not use theres so steelers told officials they told pats and all of sudden steelers headsets was clear so after refs went back to ref the game few mins steelers headsets went back to announcers and it continued throughout the game and the announcers were loud steelers coach said

Lmao pats give zero ?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I WANT MY ? FOOTBALL TO BE FOOTBALL NOT ? USA VS RUSSIA COLD WAR SPY TYPE ? WE DONT NEED ? JAMES BOND TO INTERCEPT OPPONENTS PLAYBOOKS AND ? WTF

BUT SOMEHOW THIS ? IS COOL TO YOU ? ASS PATS FANS

Put the cake down you simpleton
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    On outside the lines report on.pats one team invited a nfl official to the coach's box so they can hear for themself and sure enoigh it happen on a key 3rd down

Lol damn
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I don't even know how I would take this W if I was a Pats fan. Y'alls defense still gave up 400+ Yards in a winning effort.

like this has been the first year the pats defense has been horrible.

? we went to a superbowl with a horrible defense.

You also didn't have three teams in your division who are all more than likely going to be top 10 defenses also. Make no mistake about it, if Pittsburgh wouldn't have been completely inept in the redzone and coaching(that trick play on the first drive was ? awful decision to make), this game was HIGHLY winnable(notice I didn't even mention the defense, or two missed field goals). A win is a win bro, won't take it from y'all, but giving up 450+ yards? Don't be blind there is a HUGE cause for concern there. Buffalo or the Jets would have murdered your offensive line tonight, Miami more than likely would have too. They played ok taking on a defense who quite frankly ? sucks more ? than the guy who asked what was coming out the Pats logo picture last page.

The minute we lost Revis there was a huge cause for concern, losing Wilfork as well but even against the Ravens in the playoffs our run de was pretty suspect, I think it will improve but one thing I'm not concerned about is our division, difference between Pitt and teams in our division is Pitt will finish the season a top 5 offense where the Bills and Jets will finish in the bottom half somewhere, Miami has a chance to surprise some people but they will probably end up in the middle somewhere, Jets and Bills offense isn't going to do the defense any favors they are going to be on the field way too much which plays into Brady's hands, and our line played surprisingly good last night so I don't know exactly why you think they would get "murdered", plus isn't half of the Jets front 7 suspended? Either way we will find out as early as next week in Buffalo
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

last time the saints did that, it cost them their head coach for the entire season and i believe a 7-9 record

pass...
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

Funny thing is..all teams do.

Case in point. The Falcons pumping crowd noise into the stadium. Joe Montana admitted his linemen use to use "stickum" on their arms. Rice of course admitting that too.

? just dont know all the sh*t these teams do.

The 70's steelers were on steroids before there was testing, Jimmy Johnson admitted to using cameras and saying its commonplace in the NFL, they want to ignore that though, we all love the old Cowboy and Steeler dynasty's
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_NT2LdlIkM

trust me every nfl team is doing some type of cheating.

the problem is the patriots are really smug about it and they are really good
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_NT2LdlIkM

trust me every nfl team is doing some type of cheating.

the problem is the patriots are really smug about it and they are really good

Off subject, but those old school Starter jackets were the ? . I had the Hornets one. But yeah, the Giants did it too.

GiantsFlop.gif