Drake Speaks On Alleged Use Of A Ghostwriter & Beef with Meek Mill

Options

Comments

• BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can tell a lot of singing songs is not exactly about himself. I been thought he get ideas from other people's situation. He rap in 3rd person a lot.. But I still don't think someone ghostwrites a whole song. I think he is a writer, who get others 2 arrange the song.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is the coolie trying to talk to me
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    ovoCapo wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »

yo im coming back to the states but ima b in queens so com thru u ? ass ?

i'm not going to Queens
  • RickyRich
    Options

i'm not going to Queens

well ima be there so u can come back up all this ? talking u doing .
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Don't do it.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Case Closed. He confessed in so many words. I guess he couldn't lie with the references out there. It is what it is. He's a pop star, he's made a lot of money and good for him. He's not a lyricist, he's not an emcee as many of us were saying. Does this mean Drake never wrote anything? Nobody can be sure the issue is he was using writers on his 4th LP. This wasn't his 1st LP, he wasn't just starting out. So everything will be in question. How long has he used this process? I'm sure he will backtrack and say the article took him out of context but all the Drake Defenders need to Man Up. You boy said it in clear words.

@ovoCapo

@kingofkings

And rest of them ? ass drake groupies
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thats the thing tho, the references were right there, and b4 that the actual credits, cant deny that, just like we cant deny drake can actually write as well.. ? just need to understand its a difference between a line suggestion here or there or hook, and getting whole verses/songs written. ghostwriting aint cool but it is what it is, long as bruh aint gettin every single 16 written and handed to him, which we know he aint. its not like he was respected as a top lyricist anyway, especially by the stuck in the 90's ass ? .
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

i'm not going to Queens

well you have fun dickriding Drake in Queens b
  • RickyRich
    Options

i'm not going to Queens

u scared ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    thats the thing tho, the references were right there, and b4 that the actual credits, cant deny that, just like we cant deny drake can actually write as well.. ? just need to understand its a difference between a line suggestion here or there or hook, and getting whole verses/songs written. ghostwriting aint cool but it is what it is, long as bruh aint gettin every single 16 written and handed to him, which we know he aint. its not like he was respected as a top lyricist anyway, especially by the stuck in the 90's ass ? .

I think his lyricism was the only thing respected by stuck in the 90's ass ? .

maybe idk, seemed like when ? thought he was above avg lyrically, the stuck in the 90s ? would try to tear it down and call it basic compared to some of his peers, peers who's lyricism they also dont give full credit too.
  • RickyRich
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Case Closed. He confessed in so many words. I guess he couldn't lie with the references out there. It is what it is. He's a pop star, he's made a lot of money and good for him. He's not a lyricist, he's not an emcee as many of us were saying. Does this mean Drake never wrote anything? Nobody can be sure the issue is he was using writers on his 4th LP. This wasn't his 1st LP, he wasn't just starting out. So everything will be in question. How long has he used this process? I'm sure he will backtrack and say the article took him out of context but all the Drake Defenders need to Man Up. You boy said it in clear words.

At the end of the day, when ? log off they don't really give a ? about this ? . In the short run rap is a voting machine but in the long run it's a weighing machine. The fact that WATTBA is on par to go gold next week is more than telling of how people feel about it. Views From the 6 will drop and it'll go what plat in the first week ? People may bring it up down the road but like I said rap is a voting machine in the short run but a weighing machine in the long run. Nobody cares that Rick Ross was a CO, no one gives a ? that Game was a stripper, nobody cares as long as you drop hit records.

And you can hiss at your screen but if Drake lasts more than 10 years and is still at the top I can guarantee you he will drop many more dope verses and ? will still crown him a dope lyricist - tell me I'm lying. Purists and the boom bap ? will hate him but over the long-run he's going to get his just due as a lyricist. This ? will only matter if on the next 2 albums Drake's lyrics become stale and wack.

u be writing alot but aint saying much . drakes good his next album will be dope
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

i'm not going to Queens

u scared ?

coolie no one has time to go to ? Queens
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That half jew is rich...and that's all that matters today.

oh ? ... i thought this was allhiphop.com... not allinanothermanpockets.com

Reeeeaaaaaaacccchhh. You on stretch Armstrong status. Stating the obvious and counting another man's duckets are two completely different things.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That half jew is rich...and that's all that matters today.

oh ? ... i thought this was allhiphop.com... not allinanothermanpockets.com

and stop promoting your ? website up here, don't nobody wanna see that ? .
  • RickyRich
    Options
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

At the end of the day, when ? log off they don't really give a ? about this ? . In the short run rap is a voting machine but in the long run it's a weighing machine. The fact that WATTBA is on par to go gold next week is more than telling of how people feel about it. Views From the 6 will drop and it'll go what plat in the first week ? People may bring it up down the road but like I said rap is a voting machine in the short run but a weighing machine in the long run. Nobody cares that Rick Ross was a CO, no one gives a ? that Game was a stripper, nobody cares as long as you drop hit records.

And you can hiss at your screen but if Drake lasts more than 10 years and is still at the top I can guarantee you he will drop many more dope verses and ? will still crown him a dope lyricist - tell me I'm lying. Purists and the boom bap ? will hate him but over the long-run he's going to get his just due as a lyricist. This ? will only matter if on the next 2 albums Drake's lyrics become stale and wack.

I could be wrong but I don't think "Views" is dropping this year and will be pushed back to 2016 sometime probably 2nd QTR near the summer. There's not point in rolling out that album with "if your reading" still selling decent and now having the Future tape. Not to mention we don't know how much Quentin did on that album before the cat came out of the bag so he probably has to rework it. The Future album was the replacement and to try and get him some good press after the Quentin Miller fiasco. Look I never said Drake's career is over but his standing historically took a hit clearly. He may not care about that with his millions to wipe away his tears but when we are talking about Hip Hip Runs, he won't be able to run away from the Ghostwriter drama. You know why Puffy, Dre or even Ye don't have to deal with that? They weren't secretive about it, they didn't try to hide it. I also disagree that "Nobody Cares". You mean the Pop Fans. Plenty of fans cared if Drake words were his, even his diehard fans would admit be being surprised he had writers.

Most people didn't know Quentin Miller exsisted until the reference tapes. Drake did try to hide his process and it came back on him. Meek may have lost the popularity contest but his statement was Fact. It was proven Drake doesn't write all his rhymes. Again to what extent we don't know but once you've been found guilty, everything comes into question. I already said I believe he writes but the tapes don't lie. We've got audio evidence of another dude writing his ? word for word basically. Also Drake's sales have already been declining each album. Even the Future tape came in below estimates even though it was a surprise album so those were still amazing numbers. Bottom line he can't be considered "The Best" of his generation when it comes to spitting. Popularity, Success, sure. But as a rapper and emcee? Nope. As I've always said, he's in the 50, Ja, Luda, T.I., Nelly Teir and none of them have had ghostwriter drama so is he even better than them?