Drake Speaks On Alleged Use Of A Ghostwriter & Beef with Meek Mill

Options

Comments

• RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Case Closed. He confessed in so many words. I guess he couldn't lie with the references out there. It is what it is. He's a pop star, he's made a lot of money and good for him. He's not a lyricist, he's not an emcee as many of us were saying. Does this mean Drake never wrote anything? Nobody can be sure the issue is he was using writers on his 4th LP. This wasn't his 1st LP, he wasn't just starting out. So everything will be in question. How long has he used this process? I'm sure he will backtrack and say the article took him out of context but all the Drake Defenders need to Man Up. You boy said it in clear words.

At the end of the day, when ? log off they don't really give a ? about this ? . In the short run rap is a voting machine but in the long run it's a weighing machine. The fact that WATTBA is on par to go gold next week is more than telling of how people feel about it. Views From the 6 will drop and it'll go what plat in the first week ? People may bring it up down the road but like I said rap is a voting machine in the short run but a weighing machine in the long run. Nobody cares that Rick Ross was a CO, no one gives a ? that Game was a stripper, nobody cares as long as you drop hit records.

And you can hiss at your screen but if Drake lasts more than 10 years and is still at the top I can guarantee you he will drop many more dope verses and ? will still crown him a dope lyricist - tell me I'm lying. Purists and the boom bap ? will hate him but over the long-run he's going to get his just due as a lyricist. This ? will only matter if on the next 2 albums Drake's lyrics become stale and wack.

I could be wrong but I don't think "Views" is dropping this year and will be pushed back to 2016 sometime probably 2nd QTR near the summer. There's not point in rolling out that album with "if your reading" still selling decent and now having the Future tape. Not to mention we don't know how much Quentin did on that album before the cat came out of the bag so he probably has to rework it. The Future album was the replacement and to try and get him some good press after the Quentin Miller fiasco. Look I never said Drake's career is over but his standing historically took a hit clearly. He may not care about that with his millions to wipe away his tears but when we are talking about Hip Hip Runs, he won't be able to run away from the Ghostwriter drama. You know why Puffy, Dre or even Ye don't have to deal with that? They weren't secretive about it, they didn't try to hide it. I also disagree that "Nobody Cares". You mean the Pop Fans. Plenty of fans cared if Drake words were his, even his diehard fans would admit be being surprised he had writers.

Most people didn't know Quentin Miller exsisted until the reference tapes. Drake did try to hide his process and it came back on him. Meek may have lost the popularity contest but his statement was Fact. It was proven Drake doesn't write all his rhymes. Again to what extent we don't know but once you've been found guilty, everything comes into question. I already said I believe he writes but the tapes don't lie. We've got audio evidence of another dude writing his ? word for word basically. Also Drake's sales have already been declining each album. Even the Future tape came in below estimates even though it was a surprise album so those were still amazing numbers. Bottom line he can't be considered "The Best" of his generation when it comes to spitting. Popularity, Success, sure. But as a rapper and emcee? Nope. As I've always said, he's in the 50, Ja, Luda, T.I., Nelly Teir and none of them have had ghostwriter drama so is he even better than them?

how did he tried to hide when he put ihm in the credits .
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Case Closed. He confessed in so many words. I guess he couldn't lie with the references out there. It is what it is. He's a pop star, he's made a lot of money and good for him. He's not a lyricist, he's not an emcee as many of us were saying. Does this mean Drake never wrote anything? Nobody can be sure the issue is he was using writers on his 4th LP. This wasn't his 1st LP, he wasn't just starting out. So everything will be in question. How long has he used this process? I'm sure he will backtrack and say the article took him out of context but all the Drake Defenders need to Man Up. You boy said it in clear words.

@ovoCapo

@kingofkings

And rest of them ? ass drake groupies

? !! I've stated in many threads i don't care if he writes any of his songs, all he gotta do is rap/sing/harmonize idc long as it's him performing it

Now get off my ? , u bitter jealous ?

• BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

At the end of the day, when ? log off they don't really give a ? about this ? . In the short run rap is a voting machine but in the long run it's a weighing machine. The fact that WATTBA is on par to go gold next week is more than telling of how people feel about it. Views From the 6 will drop and it'll go what plat in the first week ? People may bring it up down the road but like I said rap is a voting machine in the short run but a weighing machine in the long run. Nobody cares that Rick Ross was a CO, no one gives a ? that Game was a stripper, nobody cares as long as you drop hit records.

And you can hiss at your screen but if Drake lasts more than 10 years and is still at the top I can guarantee you he will drop many more dope verses and ? will still crown him a dope lyricist - tell me I'm lying. Purists and the boom bap ? will hate him but over the long-run he's going to get his just due as a lyricist. This ? will only matter if on the next 2 albums Drake's lyrics become stale and wack.

I could be wrong but I don't think "Views" is dropping this year and will be pushed back to 2016 sometime probably 2nd QTR near the summer. There's not point in rolling out that album with "if your reading" still selling decent and now having the Future tape. Not to mention we don't know how much Quentin did on that album before the cat came out of the bag so he probably has to rework it. The Future album was the replacement and to try and get him some good press after the Quentin Miller fiasco. Look I never said Drake's career is over but his standing historically took a hit clearly. He may not care about that with his millions to wipe away his tears but when we are talking about Hip Hip Runs, he won't be able to run away from the Ghostwriter drama. You know why Puffy, Dre or even Ye don't have to deal with that? They weren't secretive about it, they didn't try to hide it. I also disagree that "Nobody Cares". You mean the Pop Fans. Plenty of fans cared if Drake words were his, even his diehard fans would admit be being surprised he had writers.

Most people didn't know Quentin Miller exsisted until the reference tapes. Drake did try to hide his process and it came back on him. Meek may have lost the popularity contest but his statement was Fact. It was proven Drake doesn't write all his rhymes. Again to what extent we don't know but once you've been found guilty, everything comes into question. I already said I believe he writes but the tapes don't lie. We've got audio evidence of another dude writing his ? word for word basically. Also Drake's sales have already been declining each album. Even the Future tape came in below estimates even though it was a surprise album so those were still amazing numbers. Bottom line he can't be considered "The Best" of his generation when it comes to spitting. Popularity, Success, sure. But as a rapper and emcee? Nope. As I've always said, he's in the 50, Ja, Luda, T.I., Nelly Teir and none of them have had ghostwriter drama so is he even better than them?

its not even about hiding it.... if Drake was to admit he had writers from the jump, he would of had no career, because he would of never been took serious.
    Ye N Dre were producers who rapped ... Eazy, Baby N Puff were business / label owners who rap. Rap was a novelty for them... but Drake is a rapper, what's his excuse ?
    dude came from a questionable back ground to begin with, he never fit the culture ... but he was given a pass because, he was ultra talented. well, come to find out, all that talent was only an illusion...

That's what I'm saying
    Wheelchair Jimmy was given a pass cuz he was dope
    But if he ain't even dope on his own then what's left?
    In hip hop all you have is your pen game
    Drake just admitted to having no pen game
    Where the ? is ghostface and a set of stairs when you need em?!
    All you goofy ass ? actin like this ? is cool should be ashamed
    I officially apologize to Meek "twitter fingers" Mill
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »

@ovoCapo

@kingofkings

And rest of them ? ass drake groupies

? !! I've stated in many threads i don't care if he writes any of his songs, all he gotta do is rap/sing/harmonize idc long as it's him performing it

Now get off my ? , u bitter jealous ?

? u sound like a fat hoe, i hope u a ? .

U turnin into a mentally disturb groupie of mine bruh, knock it off
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake slaughtered that ? because meek threw rocks and tried to hide his hands.

Singing ? -1
    Rapping ? - Goose Egg
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    most of u ? yall looking like groupies to me . any threads you guys keep mentioning me lol i appreciated all fame thanks
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

its not even about hiding it.... if Drake was to admit he had writers from the jump, he would of had no career, because he would of never been took serious.
    Ye N Dre were producers who rapped ... Eazy, Baby N Puff were business / label owners who rap. Rap was a novelty for them... but Drake is a rapper, what's his excuse ?
    dude came from a questionable back ground to begin with, he never fit the culture ... but he was given a pass because, he was ultra talented. well, come to find out, all that talent was only an illusion...

how did he not fit the culture and have a questionable background? cuz he wasnt sellin dope and did a tv show?

That's what I'm saying

how u have no pen game when u write for others? how are we sure drake aint write all his ? up until 10 bands?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whoever ghostwrote hootline bling deserves props....been jamming it crazy lately
  • irite
    irite Members Posts: 169 ✭✭
    Options

how did he not fit the culture and have a questionable background? cuz he wasnt sellin dope and did a tv show?

That's what I'm saying

how u have no pen game when u write for others? how are we sure drake aint write all his ? up until 10 bands?

? u dumb as ?

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    Im not for rappers having whole verses written for them (if thats what we are saying happened)

But in todays rap world being strictly an emcee isnt as respected as it used to be. U have to be more than that now, depending on which fans u are catering to.

Considering hes arguably on top right now its disappointing if true....but I dont care much for drake as I do a kendrick or j cole. If those guys were found guilty of such an accusation I'd care a little more.

And when its all said n done Meek callin a rapper out for committing a hip hop sin but not even taking a jab when hes getting dissed to oblivion is probably just as bad for hip hop.

This is the type ? ? apologists i have a problem with. You are part of the problem.

I dont need u to be devil's advocate. No one needs to look at it from a different angle. I dont care for your 'ima be different' opinion or 'well if u think about it' rationale

He used ghostwriters. The end. What in the entire ? does the rest of wht u sayin have to do with anything
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited September 2015
    Options
    How you know he wrote for others?
    Him admitting he don't write for himself don't cast a shadow of doubt on that?
    This ? got a ghost writer to ghost write his ghost writing

whats the point of paying someone else to ghostwrite ya ghostwrites, think about how much sense that make bruh lol. we know damn well its a few things drake wrote for others and 40 had a production hand in.
    A CO that writes his own ? music!
    How are hip hop fans all "meh" to 1 of the biggest acts of our generation being a fraud?!

how he a fraud, when did he ever deny anything, he got the boy on the credits, that could be for anything from a verse like on 10 bands, to a damn adlib. no one knows. u actin like bruh need to be stoned for 10 bands. like that just erase everything he actually wrote, stop. its as silly as thinkin ross being a co means he was never involved in criminal activity and he's not allowed to rap about what the streets can relate to

if it comes out that wale contributed bout 8 bars that ross rapped, will u have this same outrage?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    irite wrote: »

That's what I'm saying

? u dumb as ?

answer the question then ? ? .
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited September 2015
    Options
    A CO that writes his own ? music!
    How are hip hop fans all "meh" to 1 of the biggest acts of our generation being a fraud?!
    This might be the first time we agree on something in ? knows how long. But yeah that's the same question I've been asking. Either way he'll never be considered on that level of greats nor will he ever be in contention .But he's an entertainer and his delivery is something that can't be overlooked.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "it’s gonna be tough to exist during this summer when everybody wants to hear [this] song that isn’t necessarily in your favor.”

I swear this ? go so hard to avoid any direct confrontation... Like how you gonna jump with your cell phone into a pool when that environment isnt necessarily dry or walk in front of a gun firing when that bullet isnt necessarily safe...

There is really no point in asking Drake questions that involve real answers, or anything at all, he be like

BushShoeToss.gif

No wonder this ? never go on Breakfast Club, that interview would be like 2 hours long without a single answer, just awkward pauses and questions answered with questions... Very Jewish Drake is
  • Noble Al Lee
    Noble Al Lee Members Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My biggest takeaway from this is the martyrdom angle he tried to play toward the end. Iont like that ? .
  • FanTarner
    FanTarner Members Posts: 19
    Options
    Did H-Rap180 comment on this?
  • FanTarner
    FanTarner Members Posts: 19
    Options

Do you know what H-Rap180's new alias is? I miss that sexy daddy.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Go figure wrote: »
    Im not for rappers having whole verses written for them (if thats what we are saying happened)

But in todays rap world being strictly an emcee isnt as respected as it used to be. U have to be more than that now, depending on which fans u are catering to.

Considering hes arguably on top right now its disappointing if true....but I dont care much for drake as I do a kendrick or j cole. If those guys were found guilty of such an accusation I'd care a little more.

And when its all said n done Meek callin a rapper out for committing a hip hop sin but not even taking a jab when hes getting dissed to oblivion is probably just as bad for hip hop.

This is the type ? ? apologists i have a problem with. You are part of the problem.

I dont need u to be devil's advocate. No one needs to look at it from a different angle. I dont care for your 'ima be different' opinion or 'well if u think about it' rationale

He used ghostwriters. The end. What in the entire ? does the rest of wht u sayin have to do with anything

Like I said, im not all for someone writin whole 16s

But id be willin to bet most rappers have used ghost writers

Everything else pertains directly to the discussion u want a double post or somethin?