Comments

• nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    So people being interviewed can straight up change subjects huh....
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Case Closed. He confessed in so many words. I guess he couldn't lie with the references out there. It is what it is. He's a pop star, he's made a lot of money and good for him. He's not a lyricist, he's not an emcee as many of us were saying. Does this mean Drake never wrote anything? Nobody can be sure the issue is he was using writers on his 4th LP. This wasn't his 1st LP, he wasn't just starting out. So everything will be in question. How long has he used this process? I'm sure he will backtrack and say the article took him out of context but all the Drake Defenders need to Man Up. You boy said it in clear words.

@ovoCapo

@kingofkings

And rest of them ? ass drake groupies

He also alluded to the fact other big rappers use Ghostwriting....how u know cole and Kendrick don't....and ya in ya feelings again
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like I said months ago and like the silence from the industry obviously suggests, he's not the only one doing it.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @aggyAF is a young ? he aint built for street ? . ? still got curfew
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »
    Case Closed. He confessed in so many words. I guess he couldn't lie with the references out there. It is what it is. He's a pop star, he's made a lot of money and good for him. He's not a lyricist, he's not an emcee as many of us were saying. Does this mean Drake never wrote anything? Nobody can be sure the issue is he was using writers on his 4th LP. This wasn't his 1st LP, he wasn't just starting out. So everything will be in question. How long has he used this process? I'm sure he will backtrack and say the article took him out of context but all the Drake Defenders need to Man Up. You boy said it in clear words.

@ovoCapo

@kingofkings

He also alluded to the fact other big rappers use Ghostwriting....how u know cole and Kendrick don't....and ya in ya feelings again
    I wouldn't be surprised if Kendrick n Cole use writers to help craft hooks, and bridges . Thundercat, bilal, anna wise... are not sitting there just watching Kendrick wrk.
    but verses? Like ya boy Karoke ..nope.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options

@ovoCapo

@kingofkings

you missing a few

@Peace_79

@Peezy_Jenkins

@gns

@KingFreeman

These probably the whole hoes outchea ? that where leaving emoji diamonds under ? grams

LMAO. As much as you on his ? hating, you probably secretly like the dude. (In a deeper than rap kind of way)

Find one post where I was capin, homie.

I'll wait...

• RickyRich
    Options
    LMFAO ? stay mentioning and im a hoe ? ? outta here
  • RickyRich
    Options
    you ? mention me more then talking about the topic .
  • RickyRich
    edited September 2015
    Options
    idk half of you ? never spoke to yall but yall forever talking about me .
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Wait did that ? Drake just brag about walking in with a chick that makes triple what he makes on digital dash after just killing Meek for being with a more popular chick then him??? Self ether....

The comparison isn't linear.

Perception-wise, It's the difference between a guy simping a more popular, well off chick because he needs the exposure /cash

VS

A guy who has more than ample popularity/ money and being self assured enough to be with an independent women; doing even better than he is.

you ? say anything to defend captain beige is the same ? situation two ? ? ? higher than them

like how the ? do you figure meek simping? you seen the contract?

The only way that ? makes sense to come out drake mouth is that he fired q miller and his new ghost writer didn't listen to the the diss tracks

and your in the same group of cornballs who give me negative reactions eeverytime i dont say something positive about captain beige
  • RickyRich
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    @Ghostdenithegawd I don't have instagram bro.
    So if u don't see me leaving diamonds on here chances are I don't do it anywhere else.

If I give any of u ? negative reactions over drake it's cause yall ? obsessed.

Never have I seen a bunch of ? hate a rapper but be in every thread about the rapper restating over and over how much yall hate dude.

Some of the weirdest behavior I've ever seen.

yes bredda i agree with 100 percent . i have insta but i aint goin to leave no diamonds under no man page .
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FanTarner wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »

At the end of the day, when ? log off they don't really give a ? about this ? . In the short run rap is a voting machine but in the long run it's a weighing machine. The fact that WATTBA is on par to go gold next week is more than telling of how people feel about it. Views From the 6 will drop and it'll go what plat in the first week ? People may bring it up down the road but like I said rap is a voting machine in the short run but a weighing machine in the long run. Nobody cares that Rick Ross was a CO, no one gives a ? that Game was a stripper, nobody cares as long as you drop hit records.

And you can hiss at your screen but if Drake lasts more than 10 years and is still at the top I can guarantee you he will drop many more dope verses and ? will still crown him a dope lyricist - tell me I'm lying. Purists and the boom bap ? will hate him but over the long-run he's going to get his just due as a lyricist. This ? will only matter if on the next 2 albums Drake's lyrics become stale and wack.

I could be wrong but I don't think "Views" is dropping this year and will be pushed back to 2016 sometime probably 2nd QTR near the summer. There's not point in rolling out that album with "if your reading" still selling decent and now having the Future tape. Not to mention we don't know how much Quentin did on that album before the cat came out of the bag so he probably has to rework it. The Future album was the replacement and to try and get him some good press after the Quentin Miller fiasco. Look I never said Drake's career is over but his standing historically took a hit clearly. He may not care about that with his millions to wipe away his tears but when we are talking about Hip Hip Runs, he won't be able to run away from the Ghostwriter drama. You know why Puffy, Dre or even Ye don't have to deal with that? They weren't secretive about it, they didn't try to hide it. I also disagree that "Nobody Cares". You mean the Pop Fans. Plenty of fans cared if Drake words were his, even his diehard fans would admit be being surprised he had writers.

Most people didn't know Quentin Miller exsisted until the reference tapes. Drake did try to hide his process and it came back on him. Meek may have lost the popularity contest but his statement was Fact. It was proven Drake doesn't write all his rhymes. Again to what extent we don't know but once you've been found guilty, everything comes into question. I already said I believe he writes but the tapes don't lie. We've got audio evidence of another dude writing his ? word for word basically. Also Drake's sales have already been declining each album. Even the Future tape came in below estimates even though it was a surprise album so those were still amazing numbers. Bottom line he can't be considered "The Best" of his generation when it comes to spitting. Popularity, Success, sure. But as a rapper and emcee? Nope. As I've always said, he's in the 50, Ja, Luda, T.I., Nelly Teir and none of them have had ghostwriter drama so is he even better than them?

Do you know what H-Rap180's new alias is? I miss that sexy daddy.

Who the ? are you????
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Wait did that ? Drake just brag about walking in with a chick that makes triple what he makes on digital dash after just killing Meek for being with a more popular chick then him??? Self ether....

The comparison isn't linear.

Perception-wise, It's the difference between a guy simping a more popular, well off chick because he needs the exposure /cash

VS

A guy who has more than ample popularity/ money and being self assured enough to be with an independent women; doing even better than he is.

you ? say anything to defend captain beige is the same ? situation two ? ? ? higher than them

like how the ? do you figure meek simping? you seen the contract?

The only way that ? makes sense to come out drake mouth is that he fired q miller and his new ghost writer didn't listen to the the diss tracks

and your in the same group of cornballs who give me negative reactions eeverytime i dont say something positive about captain beige

Captain Beige lol that's funny
  • kingblaze84
    Options

At the end of the day, when ? log off they don't really give a ? about this ? . In the short run rap is a voting machine but in the long run it's a weighing machine. The fact that WATTBA is on par to go gold next week is more than telling of how people feel about it. Views From the 6 will drop and it'll go what plat in the first week ? People may bring it up down the road but like I said rap is a voting machine in the short run but a weighing machine in the long run. Nobody cares that Rick Ross was a CO, no one gives a ? that Game was a stripper, nobody cares as long as you drop hit records.

And you can hiss at your screen but if Drake lasts more than 10 years and is still at the top I can guarantee you he will drop many more dope verses and ? will still crown him a dope lyricist - tell me I'm lying. Purists and the boom bap ? will hate him but over the long-run he's going to get his just due as a lyricist. This ? will only matter if on the next 2 albums Drake's lyrics become stale and wack.

I could be wrong but I don't think "Views" is dropping this year and will be pushed back to 2016 sometime probably 2nd QTR near the summer. There's not point in rolling out that album with "if your reading" still selling decent and now having the Future tape. Not to mention we don't know how much Quentin did on that album before the cat came out of the bag so he probably has to rework it. The Future album was the replacement and to try and get him some good press after the Quentin Miller fiasco. Look I never said Drake's career is over but his standing historically took a hit clearly. He may not care about that with his millions to wipe away his tears but when we are talking about Hip Hip Runs, he won't be able to run away from the Ghostwriter drama. You know why Puffy, Dre or even Ye don't have to deal with that? They weren't secretive about it, they didn't try to hide it. I also disagree that "Nobody Cares". You mean the Pop Fans. Plenty of fans cared if Drake words were his, even his diehard fans would admit be being surprised he had writers.

Most people didn't know Quentin Miller exsisted until the reference tapes. Drake did try to hide his process and it came back on him. Meek may have lost the popularity contest but his statement was Fact. It was proven Drake doesn't write all his rhymes. Again to what extent we don't know but once you've been found guilty, everything comes into question. I already said I believe he writes but the tapes don't lie. We've got audio evidence of another dude writing his ? word for word basically. Also Drake's sales have already been declining each album. Even the Future tape came in below estimates even though it was a surprise album so those were still amazing numbers. Bottom line he can't be considered "The Best" of his generation when it comes to spitting. Popularity, Success, sure. But as a rapper and emcee? Nope. As I've always said, he's in the 50, Ja, Luda, T.I., Nelly Teir and none of them have had ghostwriter drama so is he even better than them?

Eazy-E had ghostwriters, Cam'ron ghostwrote for Lil Kim, there's a lot more but no one ever denies their claim to being legendary or one of the best to do it. Drake never denied having a ghostwriter it's just it was more popularized to the media when it blew, he never came out and said "I don't have a ghostwriter", that wouldnt even make sense for him to say that then admit to it in this article. He was quiet about it and the fact that he said he doesn't mind being the target for it, is even more commending. It's just the purists who never liked him to begin with just want a person to throw stones at.

Also how could Future/Drake tape sales come in below estimates when NO ONE even knew they were dropping a mixtape to begin with ? No one knew what to expect it would sell, we just assumed it'd be prolly go gold in the first week and it prolly will go gold. His sales are waning ? How do we gauge that considering his 3rd album had the biggest first week of his prior albums ? He went platinum off a mixtape, his sales are as consistent as Jay-Z's, most of Hov's albums sell 1.5x platinum or 2x platinum and that's it. In the case of 50, Nelly Ja, they had big openings on their first 2 and then it went down significantly from there. And as a rapper, Drake is already in the conversation there's no denying that - it's Drake/Cole/Kendrick. You can make an argument for him being an MC but once more, rap is a voting machine in the short term but a weighing machine in the long term. What will you say if he reaches album 10 and he's bars/verses are as dope as ever ? He's already on his 5th or 6th album (if you include SFG or WATTBA) He's going to get his just due for lyricism as well, like him or not but it's the truth.

Personally I don't have to like Drake but I'm not gonna front on his success or place in rap today. He could go down as one of the GOATs that isn't far fetched but only time can tell if he will or not. He's the only one that can get in his own way, he's breaking his own records as time goes on. You can have a personal dislike for Drake but you can't deny his place or the fact that this thread will go platinum before Sunday. This isn't any different than when Rick Ross came out as a CO, ? who aint like him ? on him but in the end is he still not making money and dropping music ? Rap is a voting machine in the short term but a weighing machine in the long term.

Great post, in the end, Drake has written for others, and others have written for Drake. You can find co-writing credits for almost all of your favorite rappers, Drake is not an exception. The reference tapes don't look great but in the end, we can't pretend he's the only rapper who is selling that has had someone write for him. I'm sure Nicki Minaj has had several people write for her, but I don't hear Meek talking about that
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ovoCapo wrote: »
    how did he tried to hide when he put ihm in the credits .

R.I.C.O. Says Hello. Also Flex said there was a reference on "Blessing" which Credit was not given. I'm sure Ye or Hov put a stop from that leaking.
    Eazy-E had ghostwriters, Cam'ron ghostwrote for Lil Kim, there's a lot more but no one ever denies their claim to being legendary or one of the best to do it. Drake never denied having a ghostwriter it's just it was more popularized to the media when it blew, he never came out and said "I don't have a ghostwriter", that wouldnt even make sense for him to say that then admit to it in this article. He was quiet about it and the fact that he said he doesn't mind being the target for it, is even more commending. It's just the purists who never liked him to begin with just want a person to throw stones at.

Also how could Future/Drake tape sales come in below estimates when NO ONE even knew they were dropping a mixtape to begin with ? No one knew what to expect it would sell, we just assumed it'd be prolly go gold in the first week and it prolly will go gold. His sales are waning ? How do we gauge that considering his 3rd album had the biggest first week of his prior albums ? He went platinum off a mixtape, his sales are as consistent as Jay-Z's, most of Hov's albums sell 1.5x platinum or 2x platinum and that's it. In the case of 50, Nelly Ja, they had big openings on their first 2 and then it went down significantly from there. And as a rapper, Drake is already in the conversation there's no denying that - it's Drake/Cole/Kendrick. You can make an argument for him being an MC but once more, rap is a voting machine in the short term but a weighing machine in the long term. What will you say if he reaches album 10 and he's bars/verses are as dope as ever ? He's already on his 5th or 6th album (if you include SFG or WATTBA) He's going to get his just due for lyricism as well, like him or not but it's the truth.

Personally I don't have to like Drake but I'm not gonna front on his success or place in rap today. He could go down as one of the GOATs that isn't far fetched but only time can tell if he will or not. He's the only one that can get in his own way, he's breaking his own records as time goes on. You can have a personal dislike for Drake but you can't deny his place or the fact that this thread will go platinum before Sunday. This isn't any different than when Rick Ross came out as a CO, ? who aint like him ? on him but in the end is he still not making money and dropping music ? Rap is a voting machine in the short term but a weighing machine in the long term.

First Cam did not "Ghostwrite" for Kim, Biggie did. Cam wrote Cease verse on "Crush on You" not Kim. Also Drake's sales have been declining:

TML - 1.7
    TC - 2.2
    NWTS - 1.6
    IYRTITL - 1
    Future Tape - 800k-1

Also I don't consider the last two albums "Mixtapes". They were pressed up, put up for sale and marketed in the end. The whole media was saying 500k or more for the Future tape well now estimates are saying it's more like 350-375k which is still great no doubt but below original estimates. Sure he's had an amazing run commerically but so did 50 Cent, So Did T.I. , So Did Luda, So Did Ja. DMX Run is still better than his overall. Sales are only one factor in determining success. It was never the end all be all. Once you take the sales away next you got Skills and using ghostwriters going against his Skill level period. Eazy E never procliamed himself a GOAT Rapper, Eazy E never said he was coming for crown. Also it was WELL KNOWN FROM THE BEGINNING Eazy used writers, not a good example.

Rick Ross took a hit but he survived cause he's in a lane of music that it not being pushed on the mainstream so he can exsit despite being exposed. Drake whole talent is based on him being one of the best rappers of "This Generation". You can't be one the best rappers with ghostwriters. This is why nobody puts Dre, Eazy or Puffy in those catagories. Now Ye is viewed as a GOST ARTIST not Emcee, there's a difference. Plus he's always given credit where credit it due to people that have helped him write. "All DAy" had like 17 writers on it, lol. The botton line is Drake has had a successful career in Hip Hop. Had a great run of singles and chart hits. But that only gets you so far. When skills are measured, he will fall short for using ghostwriters.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmaoo at Whitley_Jenkins and company leaving dancing diamonds under ? posts.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    So this ? just basically admitted he uses ghostwriters....welp that's does for him in my book as far as being a true mc/spitter goes...he goes into the diddy, eazy e, dr dre category of being just a good entertainer

he has no valid argument to any throne or goat status...he's officially ineligible
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This dude talking in circles
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    So this ? just basically admitted he uses ghostwriters....welp that's does for him in my book as far as being a true mc/spitter goes...he goes into the diddy, eazy e, dr dre category of being just a good entertainer

he has no valid argument to any throne or goat status...he's officially ineligible

But Cole and K. Dot won't call him out tho.