Oh ? .... The ether that Jayz put on Nas in this song....

Options

Comments

• Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _? _ wrote: »
    oh man, How the tables have turned, jay says nas had one hot album in 10 years and now its 2015 and jayz only released one good album(american gangster) since 2005

"only the strong will continue"- Nas

Your a clown, ag and mchg are soon to be classic, I don't know if one person alive is still listenening to ? albums, Jamaican raps n what that last ? nas put out? Straight adding ton seriously all of nas best work is on features and mixtapes, and your first four are more important than your last 4

Did you mean to type mchg is soon to become a classic? yeah you are trolling dude, I am convinced Jay has used some sort of mind controlling hypnotic ? to get so many stans to worship him like this.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh man, How the tables have turned, jay says nas had one hot album in 10 years and now its 2015 and jayz only released one good album(american gangster) since 2005

Your a clown, ag and mchg are soon to be classic, I don't know if one person alive is still listenening to ? albums, Jamaican raps what that last ? nas put out? Straight adding ton seriously all of nas best work is on features and mixtapes, and your first four are more important than your last 4

Did you mean to type mchg is soon to become a classic? yeah you are trolling dude, I am convinced Jay has used some sort of mind controlling hypnotic ? to get so many stans to worship him like this.

I'm sorry I guessed u tuned in to mchg to hear dj premiere and boom bap beats and to hear how old Jesus was when he died divided by 2 , open up your ears and listen to the album again but your probably from the ghettoes of Jacksonville so nas appeals to your lower shakras
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Takeover as a song is much better than ether though ether is good. Ether was the much more effective diss record. For all it's greatness Takeover is one of the least effective diss records ever. All it did was reinvigorate Nas and put him back in peoples consciousness at a time when they had forgotten about him. Plus people went back over Nas's discography and realized It was Written was actually great, making Jay's "Facts" ? .

Tha ? did u just say ? ? Lmao #overthinking

Takeover is perhaps the deepest diss record, its FOUR verses of disses, so u call it a 'great song', but not a good diss record? Buuuut thats all it is. And u just said it was a great song. ..buuuut its a SONG w/ nothing but disses, so therefore its a great diss record no?. ...im confused!

And since when is a diss record supposed to make a ? vanish from the game forever? Lol

So Takeover, Ether, and Hit Em Up were all not effective bc the targets still existed afterwards? Lls So Control wasnt effective bc them ? all still record? Lls Huh??

'Dope beats, dope rhymes. This hip hop dhit really aint all that hard'

Hip hop is so easy when you let it

Both tracks had dope beats, both had dope rhymes . Nas' were just better. The end! ? all that auxiliary 'lemme try to create a new angle to this' ?
  • _God_
    Options
    ^^^the hip hop mediator, ether appeals to the lower shakras
  • Preach2Teach
    Options

Your a clown, ag and mchg are soon to be classic, I don't know if one person alive is still listenening to ? albums, Jamaican raps what that last ? nas put out? Straight adding ton seriously all of nas best work is on features and mixtapes, and your first four are more important than your last 4

I'm sorry I guessed u tuned in to mchg to hear dj premiere and boom bap beats and to hear how old Jesus was when he died divided by 2 , open up your ears and listen to the album again but your probably from the ghettoes of Jacksonville so nas appeals to your lower shakras

I listened to mchg in hope of hearing some good hip hop music, like many others I found some average to garbage ass ? .
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Cybertr0n wrote: »
    This Is One Of The Reasons Why nas LOST" HIP HOP NEWS SHORTS...

Nas Says 'No' to Jay-Z's Pay Per View Emcee Challenge. As you may
    recall Jay-Z publicly challeneged Nas to a battle on pay perview for a
    million dollars. The proceeds would go to charity. He is quoted as
    saying that Pay Per view is for wrestlers and boxers and that if Jigga
    wants to battle he should they should both drop albums on the same day
    and let the public decide...mmmm What about the kids? What about all
    that money for the kids?.........And nas is y'all savior, lol, but nas is still kool. Link > (http://www.daveyd.com/FNVaug142002a.html)
    lol, Jigga challenging nas to a boxing match actually makes him look bad. It shows he's desperate for a win. If he felt confident about his win towards nas, he would've never suggested a boxing match. A sucka always gotta prove themselves.

"Now that's young chick, stewardess, project and model
    That means I fly rough early
    plus I know Tae Bo"

Tae bo is a ? ? workout. Who the ? is scared of a ? that does tae bo. C'mon son. Out of all the jay fans on here you and getoboy are the worst. That tidal thread made me realize that. It's been 15 years yo, let that ? go.

Jay didn't challenge him to a boxing match he challenged him to a battle rap and how does me talking the benefits of tidal that had nothing to do with Jay make me a "worst fan" stop it....so if you gonna pop ? A) get you facts straight and B ) @ me next time lil ?

Bruh...it was a boxing match....Jigga warriors really have phd's in rewriting history..

That's why NAS said "mobster's don't box my pump shot obliges/any invitation to fight your punk ? "

Now y'all taking shots at Nas's character for turning down the fight cause it was for charity......really?So it was about the kids and not Jay-Z trying to save face.

That's like when two kids in high school are snapping on one another then one says "ok but I bet you can't whoop me"..now tell me which out of the two caught feelings then apply that to.....I'm a stop right there
    a_list wrote: »
    Them ? hanging out, making songs together, and you ? in here actin like its 2001 and the tracks were aimed at yall.....

I know and I couldn't agree more but these Jay stans really know how to bait people...which is why this is gonna be my only post in this thread....I normally avoid these n vs j threads at all cost...im done

Now ? and hold this L ? @clairvoyance

http://www.mtv.com/news/1456942/jay-z-challenges-nas-to-pay-per-view-battle-during-radio-takeover/

http://www.contactmusic.com/nas/news/jay-z-wanted-to-fight-nas_18_02_2006

Rap mogul SHAWN 'Jay-Z' CARTER once challenged former foe Nas to a boxing bout because he felt it was the "cleanest way" to end their long running feud.

At the height of their war of words, the new Def Jam Records president fired off at Nas and then suggested the two hit the boxing ring for a rap fight to end all scraps.

He says, "Boxing was a clean way. I wasn't on the radio, saying, 'When I see him, it's on...' (and be) ridiculous with it."

• GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This Is One Of The Reasons Why nas LOST" HIP HOP NEWS SHORTS...

Nas Says 'No' to Jay-Z's Pay Per View Emcee Challenge. As you may
    recall Jay-Z publicly challeneged Nas to a battle on pay perview for a
    million dollars. The proceeds would go to charity. He is quoted as
    saying that Pay Per view is for wrestlers and boxers and that if Jigga
    wants to battle he should they should both drop albums on the same day
    and let the public decide...mmmm What about the kids? What about all
    that money for the kids?.........And nas is y'all savior, lol, but nas is still kool. Link > (http://www.daveyd.com/FNVaug142002a.html)
    lol, Jigga challenging nas to a boxing match actually makes him look bad. It shows he's desperate for a win. If he felt confident about his win towards nas, he would've never suggested a boxing match. A sucka always gotta prove themselves.

"Now that's young chick, stewardess, project and model
    That means I fly rough early
    plus I know Tae Bo"

Tae bo is a ? ? workout. Who the ? is scared of a ? that does tae bo. C'mon son. Out of all the jay fans on here you and getoboy are the worst. That tidal thread made me realize that. It's been 15 years yo, let that ? go.

Jay didn't challenge him to a boxing match he challenged him to a battle rap and how does me talking the benefits of tidal that had nothing to do with Jay make me a "worst fan" stop it....so if you gonna pop ? A) get you facts straight and B ) @ me next time lil ?

Bruh...it was a boxing match....Jigga warriors really have phd's in rewriting history..

That's why NAS said "mobster's don't box my pump shot obliges/any invitation to fight your punk ? "

Now y'all taking shots at Nas's character for turning down the fight cause it was for charity......really?So it was about the kids and not Jay-Z trying to save face.

That's like when two kids in high school are snapping on one another then one says "ok but I bet you can't whoop me"..now tell me which out of the two caught feelings then apply that to.....I'm a stop right there
    a_list wrote: »
    Them ? hanging out, making songs together, and you ? in here actin like its 2001 and the tracks were aimed at yall.....

I know and I couldn't agree more but these Jay stans really know how to bait people...which is why this is gonna be my only post in this thread....I normally avoid these n vs j threads at all cost...im done

Now ? and hold this L ? @clairvoyance

http://www.mtv.com/news/1456942/jay-z-challenges-nas-to-pay-per-view-battle-during-radio-takeover/

http://www.contactmusic.com/nas/news/jay-z-wanted-to-fight-nas_18_02_2006

Rap mogul SHAWN 'Jay-Z' CARTER once challenged former foe Nas to a boxing bout because he felt it was the "cleanest way" to end their long running feud.

At the height of their war of words, the new Def Jam Records president fired off at Nas and then suggested the two hit the boxing ring for a rap fight to end all scraps.

He says, "Boxing was a clean way. I wasn't on the radio, saying, 'When I see him, it's on...' (and be) ridiculous with it."

Wait I come through with MTV news a creditable news site and you come back with that??? A blog site that doesn't know much more then you??? Hmmmm let's see should we go with MTV news or contactmusic.com???? Lol this L just keeps getting bigger and bigger for you just do like Meek and bow out becuz you embarrassing yourself with your make believe tales.... I would drop more creditable sites saying it was a battle challenge but you already dead no need to kick dirt on you
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Takeover as a song is much better than ether though ether is good. Ether was the much more effective diss record. For all it's greatness Takeover is one of the least effective diss records ever. All it did was reinvigorate Nas and put him back in peoples consciousness at a time when they had forgotten about him. Plus people went back over Nas's discography and realized It was Written was actually great, making Jay's "Facts" ? .

LMAO @ the. Bold.. So Nas fans can go back over his albums and determine them to be great after the initial reaction wasn't as positive but I hear the argument all the time about reasonable doubt not being a classic becuz it wasn't as reconized the same way other albums were when it initially came out

Nas fans for u. And I ain't Just talking bout u.. I see that ? all the time on here... The irony...

It wasn't Nas fans. The public at large all wetn back and looked at It was written. Multiple publications like Rolling stone and Spin magazine upped there initial rating of IT was Written.. Rolling Stone now gives It was Written 4/12 stars. Spin gave it a 9. Even a Known Nas hater like Ian Cohen at pitchfork gives It Was written props.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jigga Warriors need therapy
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is this 7 pages long?

You ? know its 2015 right?

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL, your head is so far up Jigga ass that a groupie like you don't need to be acknowledged. You need to get your facts straight because the source isn't from MTV. It's from the Source Magazine issue #156 September 2002 that MTV referenced in the link you provided. He challenged nas to a battle and a boxing match. It's on page 239. I underlined what Jigga actually said.

"We end it---three verses right at each other and we give the money to charity. We go down to the boxing ring the next day and go three rounds."

kd4cyd.jpg
    5vua8w.jpg
    oCQKTX.gif
    Jigga form is kinda ugly tho.

All that proves is that Jay couldn't beat Nas on wax.
  • raheemclassick
    raheemclassick Members Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all this ? soul burning nonsense. All I know is that every Jay-Z album after that battle went PLATINUM PLUS! nas, not so much. In fact some of nas albums barely made it to gold, if that. So once again, whose career suffered and whose career went on without A hitch" You can't talk unless you stating facts" (TAKEOVER ? !)
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »

NAStifarians need to hop off nuts
  • Preach2Teach
    Options
    ? all this ? soul burning nonsense. All I know is that every Jay-Z album after that battle went PLATINUM PLUS! nas, not so much. In fact some of nas albums barely made it to gold, if that. So once again, whose career suffered and whose career went on without A hitch" You can't talk unless you stating facts" (TAKEOVER ? !)

This ain't about sales this is about Hip Hop, Mcdonalds sell more cheese burgers than me but my burgers are better.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This ain't about sales this is about Hip Hop, Mcdonalds sell more cheese burgers than me but my burgers are better.

That's your opinion. For all we know your burgers could be trash

The dude you was responding to was speaking FACTS tho....Numbers don't lie
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    So now...Jay beat Nas with takeover? You reason ? flip flop more than Mexican shoes
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »

Naslam Nation need a intervention for their ? riding
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The irony of the T/S using the word "ether" in the thread title.
  • Preach2Teach
    Options

? all that my burgers are better, ronald mcdonald can eat a ? .
  • Preach2Teach
    Options

Lol at you using jays line "numbers don't lie" that line is wack as ? , numbers can lie, if I tell you I have 10 million in my bank can that not be a lie?
  • _God_
    edited September 2015
    Options

Lol at you using jays line "numbers don't lie" that line is wack as ? , numbers can lie, if I tell you I have 10 million in my bank can that not be a lie?

Numbers can be deceiving , like Kobe breaking mj total points records. But that's when you have to look at the factors. In jay n nas case, the number don't lie and the factors don't either
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Last Real ? Alive >>>>>>Young Hova

" In the middle of that jay tried to sneak attack assassinate my character degrade my hood cuz in for him to be the don nas had to go the Gam B-I-N-O rules i understand what yall want see i already had the gift and the curse ? that ? the first shall be last im a mans man a rappers rapper G-O-D-S-O-N theyll be none after i was Scarface and jay was Manolo it hurt me when i had to ? him and his whole squad for dolo." - Nas
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    murdap wrote: »
    Last Real ? Alive >>>>>>Young Hova

" In the middle of that jay tried to sneak attack assassanate my character degrate my hood cuz in for him o be the don nas had to go the gam b-i-n-o rules i understand what yall want see i already had the gift and the curse ? that hit the first shall be last im a mans man a rappers rappers g-o-d-s-o-n theyll be none after i was scarface and jay was manolo it hurt me when i had to ? him and his whole squad for dolo." - Nas

"Lord have mercy jesus christ hes just nice he just slice like a gensu look at the life that i been through im the last real ? alive thats official" -nas

• Preach2Teach
    Options
    Taylor swift sells like hot cakes but her ? is garbage, Nas is simply better than jay, feel free to disagree, the mainstream fans are simply simpletons, Jay was catering to their ears so no doubt he was gonna sell more, Nas was just doing what he did best he didn't need to sell out, song for song album for album Jay ain't ? with Nasty.