The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol he a MW and this diva ass ? holding the title hostage but won't fight at the weight...not the same
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    lol he a MW and this diva ass ? holding the title hostage but won't fight at the weight...not the same
    ? is you talking about ? ? Canelo don't have a ? middleweight title.
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »

He about to after he beats Cotto
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options

We both know this ain´t about the title, its about status, popularity and appeal, which equates to PPV sales...and that is what the sport of boxing has become, when it´s convenient GGG wants to subject fighters to that standard, but when its him that is basically pushing for the handout to help him rise to that next level commercially, yall come with that title ? and defend his fuckboi behaviour, ? that...

Titles don´t mean ? in boxing these days and yall know it, its about PPV DRAWS = MONEY, ? went to see Floyd vs Pacman, Floyd vs Cotto, Floyd vs Canelo, Floyd vs Oscar and it wasn´t because of which title they were fighting for, I bet yall can´t even remember what title was on the line in those fights, I know I can´t...

Canelo should drop the title, that ain´t going to damage his popularity or have any sort of negative impact on him as a boxing ppv star, ? helping lil g, go fight WARD and foh with being a hypocrite and trying to force and manipulate ppl in to helping you reach that next level, really hope he don´t get a shot from him or cotto...
  • Mastery
    Options
    JLacey wrote: »

Either you ? is dumb as ? and are missing the point or you caping for GGG and his hypocrisy, I'm saying it's the latter.

You know damn well this ain't about no ? belts. It's a popularity contest and you know it. They wanted Ward to drop down to 164 lbs because they say they are more popular than him. Canelo is waaaaaay more popular than GGG, so when Canelo say he gotta drop to 155 pounds to fight him, all of a sudden it's a problem?

You ? ? me with this ? . Lmao!
  • Mastery
    Options
    Hope Jacobs knocks quillin tf out
    War Jacobs!

You know better

WAR JACOBS ? !!!

He will get exposed shortly. ? chin is weak
    Exposed ? ? There go that word again lol Jacobs was already KO'd by Pirog in 5 rds.

Because a fighter loses doesn't automatically label him as "exposed."

I mean as far as him being top tier at 160
    Quillin not even top tier at 160. He won't fight GGG and he struggled with Andy Lee.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Told y'all this would happen. Once he asided ward and the boxing community defended it I knrw Camelot and cotto would do it to back to him. Add in he Saud he would fight Floyd at 154. Cabell gonna make him eat those words.
  • JLacey
    Options

Either you ? is dumb as ? and are missing the point or you caping for GGG and his hypocrisy, I'm saying it's the latter.

You know damn well this ain't about no ? belts. It's a popularity contest and you know it. They wanted Ward to drop down to 164 lbs because they say they are more popular than him. Canelo is waaaaaay more popular than GGG, so when Canelo say he gotta drop to 155 pounds to fight him, all of a sudden it's a problem?

? I just they don't give a ? about them belts like 3 comments ago
  • JLacey
    Options

That's what I been saying. It's all about popularity. Canelo has every right to dictate the terms in a GGG fight. And if triple G doesn't wanna fight at 155 that's on him. But They're not keeping the belt. They might not care. But GGG would love to have all the belts
  • JLacey
    Options
    War Jacobs!

You know better

WAR JACOBS ? !!!

Exposed ? ? There go that word again lol Jacobs was already KO'd by Pirog in 5 rds.

Quillin not even top tier at 160. He won't fight GGG and he struggled with Andy Lee.
    ? yourself. If you're top 5 in the division you're top tier. What does him not fighting GGG have to do with that?
  • Mastery
    Options
    War Jacobs!

You know better

WAR JACOBS ? !!!

? yourself. If you're top 5 in the division you're top tier. What does him not fighting GGG have to do with that?
    Ok so top tier to you is top 5? Bet.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All y'all ? trippin

Keith 1 Time Thurman is going to beat up Canelo next September after he whoops Porter in January
  • JLacey
    Options
    War Jacobs!

You know better

WAR JACOBS ? !!!

Quillin top 3 in the division
  • JLacey
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    All y'all ? trippin

Keith 1 Time Thurman is going to beat up Canelo next September after he whoops Porter in January

Porter gonna ? this ? and he gonna go back to fighting bums
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's what I been saying. It's all about popularity. Canelo has every right to dictate the terms in a GGG fight. And if triple G doesn't wanna fight at 155 that's on him. But They're not keeping the belt. They might not care. But GGG would love to have all the belts

My only point...idc about all that other ? yall talking

The ? said he want all the MW belts, he not leaving 160 if you ain't Floyd, Froch, JCC

Not hard to understand
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The ? said he want all the MW belts, he not leaving 160 if you ain't Floyd, Froch, JCC

Not hard to understand

Those 2 choices actually show and prove the ? GGG on and how some yall just lap that ? up. Canelo would bring him more money and popularity than both of those fighters.
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not hard to understand

lil g ain´t deserving nor is he getting none of them fights, ain´t he like 33 years old now anyways...looool, goin keep fighting mediocre opposition and never even go over 150k in pay per view and remain a hype job that can´t even draw a big audience...really hope nobody gives him a chance!
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at the next 30 for 30 being about holyfield chasing after Tyson...

I wonder how many facts I posted the past few days will be addressed
  • Mastery
    edited November 2015
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Not hard to understand

Those 2 choices actually show and prove the ? GGG on and how some yall just lap that ? up. Canelo would bring him more money and popularity than both of those fighters.

• Mastery
    Options
    War Jacobs!

You know better

WAR JACOBS ? !!!

Nope. I'll give him top 5 though.

Cotto
    GGG
    Lee
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-floyd-mayweather-jr-now-champion-emeritus--97640
    WBC: Floyd Mayweather Jr. is Now Champion Emeritus - Boxing News

By Miguel Rivera

The World Boxing Council has finally issued a ruling on Floyd Mayweather Jr. (49-0, 26KOs), who holds the WBC championship at welterweight and junior middleweight.

Mayweather has been given the status of WBC Champion Emeritus.

The announcement was made by WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman at the sanctioning organization's 53rd annual convention in Kunming, China.

Mayweather retired from boxing on September 12th, after winning a twelve round unanimous decision over Andre Berto at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

The status of Champion Emeritus grants Mayweather the ability to get an immediate title shot at the current WBC titleholder at 147 or 154.

The exact situation related to Mayweather's old titles at 147 and 154 has not been disclosed at the moment. The sanctioning body is expected to order the two highest available contenders in each division to fight each other for the vacant belts.

Unified middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin was present at the ceremony and gave some choice words with praise for the WBC.

Sulaiman also took the opportunity to deliver some awards, including the "Lifetime Achievement Award" to Mayweather for capturing WBC world titles in five different weight divisions.

http://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-orders-tournaments-floyd-mayweathers-belts--97735
    WBC Orders Tournaments For Floyd Mayweather's Belts - Boxing News

By World Boxing Council

In honor of his incredible career that spanned almost 19 years and in which he won WBC world titles in five weight divisions, Floyd Mayweather Jr. was awarded the WBC Lifetime Achievement Award at the ongoing WBC convention in China.

He was also named Champion Emeritus in the super welterweight and welterweight divisions.

With Mayweather’s recent retirement, his WBC welterweight and junior middleweight titles are now vacant.

The WBC has ordered tournaments in both divisions to determine the world champions, and will contact the representatives of the top-rated fighters in both divisions to determine their participants.

The WBC is currently preparing the guidelines for the tournaments.

Mayweather (49-0, 26KOs) retired on September 12th after winning a twelve round unanimous decision over Andre Berto at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
  • JLacey
    Options
    War Jacobs!

You know better

WAR JACOBS ? !!!

Cotto
    GGG
    Lee

I don't count Cotto because he doesn't like to actually fight at 160. And idc what you talking about. Quillin beat Lee
  • JLacey
    Options
    War Jacobs!

You know better

WAR JACOBS ? !!!

Cotto
    GGG
    Lee

Bruh just worry about this ass beating Jacobs about to get
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    War Jacobs!

You know better

WAR JACOBS ? !!!

Cotto
    GGG
    Lee

Quillian is better than Lee and would knock cotto out who is too little