Happy Ether Day

Options

Comments

• tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread inspired me to search the internet archives all day to find the Ether 2 lyrics. I found the Stillmatic board but it only goes as far as Nov 25 2001 and then loops to March 2002. I did something and it pushed me to Jan 2 2002 page but I cannot get back. You can read some of the pre ether threads. Some still are accessable you just got to play around with HTML They still have the commercial to stillmatic where Ether is playing in background on main page in RAM format

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_7.png

This hiphopgamecom page is where I first heard Ether 14 years ago. The RAM still works on the page I just dont have skills to access it. This is the Kay Slay world premier version

Screenshot_4.png
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is that my boy Galou Olu Dara back!! What up homie!!
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone remember when these lyrics were surfacing everywhere sometime between Takeover and Ether? I remember they showed up on some mixtape cover and thinking this ? could be pretty etherous, I think ahh asked Fat Joe about it in an interview

So you call yourself ? mc… J-hova\
    ? the glass of blasphemy & forgot to pray over\
    your games over\ crossed the warpath of a brave soldier\
    youre a makeover\ my protege trying to takeover\ I was the sheperd that led you\ But you bit the hand that fed you\ mad cause since I met you i never did respect you\ and as hard as it seems\ you know that I fathered your dreams\ you was a groupie always begging to be part of my team\ another case of a boy and his teacher\ I was the first to poison your speakers\ so ? all that noise that your preaching\ I understand\ all your plans to underhand\ aired threats of you pullin my card next summerjam\ let me make this clear hova\ You had my left overs\ she told me your little problem of the day when you slept over\ but thats another subject ? \ ***** you phony\
    Im coming to collect the debt from the years that you owe me\ so what you capitlized... only cause i allowed\ Im taking aim at your dome\ and reclaiming my throne\
    “Who said I that i aint still nasty”

Verse 2:

How you planned on facing\ the half man half-amazing\
    Dont need a fam, Nas is a one man invasion\ claim you hot but you flopped with your roc-familia\ cause real recognize real and youre not familiar\
    call yourself gansta but you were begging for pardon\
    that night in carbon\ when terror squad flipped on your squadron\
    Tried to front on their checks\ till pun put a gun to your chest\
    YOu said it yourself dog, Nas is one of the best\
    Dont need to search for some dirt to expose you\ I leave it up to the flow dispose you\ when i oppose you\ This is it Im calling ya\ come out and play like “warriors”\
    studied my blueprint then pieced together your formula\
    Guess the knowledge I speak too deep to follow\
    that`s why your stomach to weak to swallow\ The real truth
    that Nas is\ the greates of all timers\
    f*ck skeletons, keep only weaponry in my closets
  • oldPoster
    oldPoster Members Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Is that my boy Galou Olu Dara back!! What up homie!!

yep, thats me. what up dun? hows the accounting stuff going on? You know me, I had to come thru and bless your thread. These camel warrior revisionist be trying hard.
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol i remember u aswell old friend. We was a FAMILY u me and buttuh.
  • oldPoster
    Options
    deathrowzorrow, whats the dealie my niggie? Hope everything is good with you. you, buttah, i... e-bravehearts baby.... I got you dunnie
  • oldPoster
    Options
  • supergangster
    Options
    oldPoster wrote: »
    deathrowzorrow, whats the dealie my niggie? Hope everything is good with you. you, buttah, i... e-bravehearts baby.... I got you dunnie

Yooo my niggie my little dealie niggie everything is goodie my niggie baby qb soldiers 4 lifie
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had that Kay Slay mix CD with Ether.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "In '88 you was getting chased through your building
    Calling my crib and I ain't even give you my number"

That line made me bust out laughing when I heard it

That Whole Song Was A Lyrical Short Stand Up special. Still remember pulling into my mom's backyard parking spot when that came on the radio n sitting there until they stopped replaying it, it was like watching Tyson get knocked out. Jay was basically untouchable until "ETHER"

• Screwtape
    Screwtape Members Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Me being from BK going to High School in Queens in '01, I was talking my ? like "Yea..Hov got them ? !" Then once Ether dropped, I was walking around High School with a brown paper bag over my head

dead
  • supergangster
    edited December 2015
    Options
    ? ... I cant remember where I was and what I was doin when Ether dropped.. I wish
  • endboss
    endboss Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ... I cant remember where I was and what I was doin when Ether dropped.. I wish

What? You are the last person i expected that from. But maybe you was running around the christmas tree at that time..
  • supergangster
    edited December 2015
    Options
    [I cant remmember
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmaooooooo @ these ? dusty stinking ? NASTIALITES having their annual day of delusion commemorating the day that Jay Z rebirth the pathetic floundering career of their holy savior lord and idol

You got these Kufi wearing dust mites in here pulling out old don diva mags from their NASTIFARI SHRINE ACHIEVES from 15 years ago full of old nag champa residue and Kombucha juice trying to relive "the glory days" when their savior was given a moment a relevancy by the ROC ....? is hilarious and yet sad watching these ? cultish behavior ..woah ..but ? .....I mean DAMMMMNNNNN only two pages of prayer dedicated to one of the most holy chapters out of the book of NASTIFARI? this ? is like you dedicated ? revelations lmao ...? y'all devout NASTIALITES numbers must be dwindling like a muuuhhhhfucka :# :# :# .......just like the sales for LIFE IS WOOD .....

Sad

Takeover>>>>

Every none NASTIALITE who pledges their allegiance to the church of NASIR easily knows this

:s Hahahahahahaha
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First time I heard Ether was the morning after on Star & Buckwild morning show on hot 97. That's all everyone was talking about at school that day.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    “Ether was a good record, don’t get me wrong, but it’s angry as f**k. He sounded so emotional, and it’s elementary bulls*t,” expressed Charlamagne during his Brilliant Idiots podcast with Andrew Schulz. “It’s the oldest jokes you use on somebody – being ? , having AIDS. It’s just corny to me. Jay Z’s ‘Takeover’ was actually facts.”

DAMN now that's that REAL ? that these NASTIALITES just can't deal with :s
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Lmaooooooo @ these ? dusty stinking ? NASTIALITES having their annual day of delusion commemorating the day that Jay Z rebirth the pathetic floundering career of their holy savior lord and idol

You got these Kufi wearing dust mites in here pulling out old don diva mags from their NASTIFARI SHRINE ACHIEVES from 15 years ago full of old nag champa residue and Kombucha juice trying to relive "the glory days" when their savior was given a moment a relevancy by the ROC ....? is hilarious and yet sad watching these ? cultish behavior ..woah ..but ? .....I mean DAMMMMNNNNN only two pages of prayer dedicated to one of the most holy chapters out of the book of NASTIFARI? this ? is like you dedicated ? revelations lmao ...? y'all devout NASTIALITES numbers must be dwindling like a muuuhhhhfucka :# :# :# .......just like the sales for LIFE IS WOOD .....

Sad

Takeover>>>>

Every none NASTIALITE who pledges their allegiance to the church of NASIR easily knows this

:s Hahahahahahaha

Ima be in Oakland in February. You gonna duck this fade again??

I don't fight NASTIALITES......you dusty ? ash up my polo