Twista Admits To Using Ghostwriters

Options

Comments

• MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    If Nas has or had a ghostwriter that ? would be terrible.

dream Hampton started a rumor about that during the Untitled press run.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't like it,but for him to use a writer for 2-3 songs in a damn near 25 yr old career ain't like a ? having whole projects damn near written.

It happens in the industry,I get it.Sometimes the label needs a hit and the artist doesn't have it.

• xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lustchyld wrote: »
    in fact, that's like saying Curry hit the game winning 3 but it rattled in so he's not the best shooter

How is this in any way like that?

It's more like he put 1 hand on the ball, his ghost shooter put 1 hand on the ball and they shot the 3 together
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    Stop trying to make this ghostwriting ? happen; it's not going to happen.

You ? ? know what the difference is between the chorus and actual bars.
    Ya'll want the game to be bubblegum pop sooooooo bad.

We had to accept wack ? a decade ago, now they want us to accept rappers that use ghostwriters smh.

Unless you're Diddy, Dre, Drake, Eazy E and people of that ilk you will lose credibility instantly.

LOL....you know damn well Drake doesn't deserve to be grouped in with them.

He's more of an entertainer than an emcee besides that there's nothing wrong with being in that Dr Dre/Diddy lane.

The fact that he constantly refers to himself as one of the greatest rappers ever?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I pray Nas get ousted with ghost writers so we can see all the tears flow from you ?

tumblr_lf82yjPVMc1qg6pyio1_500.gif
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghost writing for ? who claim to be mcs is still lame

who did ghostface write for ?
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Screwtape wrote: »

We had to accept wack ? a decade ago, now they want us to accept rappers that use ghostwriters smh.

Unless you're Diddy, Dre, Drake, Eazy E and people of that ilk you will lose credibility instantly.

He's more of an entertainer than an emcee besides that there's nothing wrong with being in that Dr Dre/Diddy lane.

I consider him an emcee more than an entertainer. I think some people still refuse to give him props because he blew past some of their favorite MCs. ? , the guy has the game on lock......Damn near everything he puts his voice to becomes a hit in the club and/or radio.

That Diddy/Eazy/Dre lane is an insult to him and you know it.....LOL. Even after the Meek ? , many heavys in the industry still gave his pen game major props.

he took a load of weeknds tracks for his what people say is his best album 'take care'

jacked rappin 4 tays verse

got outed as having reference tracks and at least one but likely multiple writers

hotline bling was originally a cha cha remix till they hid all that

and more ? im forgetting. he is a heavily manufactured pop artist with a huge machine behind him, seems blatantly obvious.

The same posters (and their aliases) from the Drake -v- Meek thread are in here making the same failed arguments.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao @ Bell Biv DeDrake being a real emcee...
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Nas never had a ghostwriter ? this sirsnitchmikeFordharris lookalike hoping that stupid ?
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is a living legend and not many rappers can touch his skill in this song.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ZC5Bu1S0s
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

I consider him an emcee more than an entertainer. I think some people still refuse to give him props because he blew past some of their favorite MCs. ? , the guy has the game on lock......Damn near everything he puts his voice to becomes a hit in the club and/or radio.

That Diddy/Eazy/Dre lane is an insult to him and you know it.....LOL. Even after the Meek ? , many heavys in the industry still gave his pen game major props.

I ? with Drake, I just don't see him as a real emcee.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »

The fact that he constantly refers to himself as one of the greatest rappers ever?

You can't be the greatest rapper ever if you used a ghostwriter.

I'm not sure about that.

Its possible to have writers block and you have to meet a deadline. You might have 10-20 verses written but they're not really fire. If somebody in your team has some flames you'd be foolish not to use his rhymes.

I've heard albums where the rhymes are so basic I felt like the rappers would have been better off with a ghostwriter.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

I'm not sure about that.

Its possible to have writers block and you have to meet a deadline. You might have 10-20 verses written but they're not really fire. If somebody in your team has some flames you'd be foolish not to use his rhymes.

I've heard albums where the rhymes are so basic I felt like the rappers would have been better off with a ghostwriter.

I can't agree with that. The rules are simple, write your own ? .

What about NWA's Niggaz4life LP?

They had to put an album together to meet a deadline, Eazy and Dre couldn't write, what were they supposed to do?

Ren couldn't hold an album down by himself.

It made perfect sense for DOC and Ren to ghostwrite for Dre and Eazy.

Still a dope album IMO.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    It's wack no matter who do it. Hip hop has always been about originality and standin on your own two.

Funny enough the first major rap song to be a hit, Rappers Delight, has a ghostwritten verse.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

he took a load of weeknds tracks for his what people say is his best album 'take care'

got outed as having reference tracks and at least one but likely multiple writers

and more ? im forgetting. he is a heavily manufactured pop artist with a huge machine behind him, seems blatantly obvious.

Weeknd said he only wrote the singing parts not the bars and Drake debuted Hotline Bling as the Cha Cha Remix....now him using ghostwriters on If You're Reading This is inexcusable and he's forever got that stain on his record but 2 of those instances you mentioned have been explained multiple times
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

I'm not sure about that.

I can't agree with that. The rules are simple, write your own ? .

What about NWA's Niggaz4life LP?

They had to put an album together to meet a deadline, Eazy and Dre couldn't write, what were they supposed to do?

Ren couldn't hold an album down by himself.

It made perfect sense for DOC and Ren to ghostwrite for Dre and Eazy.

Still a dope album IMO.

It's one thing to exchange ideas and give suggestions, but it's totally another thing to outright write someone's verse for them word for word. Dre and Eazy aren't/weren't emcees so they get a pass.
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

The same posters (and their aliases) from the Drake -v- Meek thread are in here making the same failed arguments.

Why do you consider facts to be failed arguments?

How did you draw that conclusion?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    These rappers keep breaking yall hearts nh

• xxCivicxx
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Weeknd said he only wrote the singing parts not the bars
    and Drake debuted Hotline Bling as the Cha Cha Remix....now him using ghostwriters on If You're Reading This is inexcusable and he's forever got that stain on his record but 2 of those instances you mentioned have been explained multiple times

But most of Take Care was ballads...

And when did he say this?