blackrain wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Screwtape wrote: »
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Stop trying to make this ghostwriting ? happen; it's not going to happen.

You ? ? know what the difference is between the chorus and actual bars.
    Ya'll want the game to be bubblegum pop sooooooo bad.

We had to accept wack ? a decade ago, now they want us to accept rappers that use ghostwriters smh.

Unless you're Diddy, Dre, Drake, Eazy E and people of that ilk you will lose credibility instantly.

LOL....you know damn well Drake doesn't deserve to be grouped in with them.

He's more of an entertainer than an emcee besides that there's nothing wrong with being in that Dr Dre/Diddy lane.

I consider him an emcee more than an entertainer. I think some people still refuse to give him props because he blew past some of their favorite MCs. ? , the guy has the game on lock......Damn near everything he puts his voice to becomes a hit in the club and/or radio.

That Diddy/Eazy/Dre lane is an insult to him and you know it.....LOL. Even after the Meek ? , many heavys in the industry still gave his pen game major props.

he took a load of weeknds tracks for his what people say is his best album 'take care'

jacked rappin 4 tays verse

got outed as having reference tracks and at least one but likely multiple writers

hotline bling was originally a cha cha remix till they hid all that

and more ? im forgetting. he is a heavily manufactured pop artist with a huge machine behind him, seems blatantly obvious.

Weeknd said he only wrote the singing parts not the bars
    and Drake debuted Hotline Bling as the Cha Cha Remix....now him using ghostwriters on If You're Reading This is inexcusable and he's forever got that stain on his record but 2 of those instances you mentioned have been explained multiple times

But most of Take Care was ballads...

And when did he say this?

He said it in his Rolling Stone interview. Said the singing parts for songs like Shot For Me and Crew Love that were originally his were written but Drake wrote his own bars...

They been knowing this ? . We all have, but logic isn't winning this arguement. ? just don't want to admit they can't be objective when it comes to drake cause they genuinely don't ? with him, but too many other people do. That kills them.
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I pray Nas get ousted with ghost writers so we can see all the tears flow from you ?

Yall only want this ? to happen as to validate your favorite, ghostwriter assisted artist, which is wack.
    _Lefty wrote: »
    It's wack no matter who do it. Hip hop has always been about originality and standin on your own two.

but the first rap song to pop was ghostwritten........

First rap song to pop isn't a part of the Golden Era. ? evolved beyond that.

there were ghostwriters and producers during that Era as well...its part of the game...i dont like it none but its part of the game

Yes ghostwriting always existed. Just like fouls exist in basketball. Just like steroids exist in athletics. Just like implants exist in hoes.

It's still a foul. It's still cheating. It's still unauthentic. Still unacceptable in the game.

Thing is, I'm a fan of music. Cheating, fouls, all that ? only affects rankings of rappers. I personally don't care where any of these ? are ranked. Rankings are all opinions anyway. I only care about the lyrics themselves and how the music sounds. Some of you would flat out stop listening to a song because you found out the artist didn't write it. That ? 's silly to me.

Miley Cyrus>>>>>2pac.
  • Screwtape
    Screwtape Members Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

We had to accept wack ? a decade ago, now they want us to accept rappers that use ghostwriters smh.

Unless you're Diddy, Dre, Drake, Eazy E and people of that ilk you will lose credibility instantly.

He's more of an entertainer than an emcee besides that there's nothing wrong with being in that Dr Dre/Diddy lane.

I consider him an emcee more than an entertainer. I think some people still refuse to give him props because he blew past some of their favorite MCs. ? , the guy has the game on lock......Damn near everything he puts his voice to becomes a hit in the club and/or radio.

That Diddy/Eazy/Dre lane is an insult to him and you know it.....LOL. Even after the Meek ? , many heavys in the industry still gave his pen game major props.

he took a load of weeknds tracks for his what people say is his best album 'take care'

got outed as having reference tracks and at least one but likely multiple writers

and more ? im forgetting. he is a heavily manufactured pop artist with a huge machine behind him, seems blatantly obvious.

The same posters (and their aliases) from the Drake -v- Meek thread are in here making the same failed arguments.

haha, literally the exact response i expected from you. being an idiot is one thing, being a predictable idiot is another thing altogether my friend

those were cold hard facts anyway. youre a drake fan, stop with deflections talking nonsense about old threads, some of the stuff i mentioned has recently come to light

so back up your boy, refute my facts. im interested to hear your opinion, not some defelection about an old thread and aliases. thats what this forum is about isnt it, peoples different opinions?

and yo who am i an alias of? i aint no fkin alias mate, name names if youre gonna throw sly, completely unfounded ? around.
  • Screwtape
    Options

The same posters (and their aliases) from the Drake -v- Meek thread are in here making the same failed arguments.

Why do you consider facts to be failed arguments?

How did you draw that conclusion?

exactly
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    If Nas has or had a ghostwriter that ? would be terrible.

dream Hampton started a rumor about that during the Untitled press run.
    During life is good, after all the great press Nas was getting.

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao yall really think twista doesn't write his own songs? His style is way too unique for his best work to be ghost written, I highly doubt da resurrection, kamikaze, and adrenaline rush were ghost written
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I pray Nas get ousted with ghost writers so we can see all the tears flow from you ?

Yall only want this ? to happen as to validate your favorite, ghostwriter assisted artist, which is wack.
    It's wack no matter who do it. Hip hop has always been about originality and standin on your own two.

there were ghostwriters and producers during that Era as well...its part of the game...i dont like it none but its part of the game

Yes ghostwriting always existed. Just like fouls exist in basketball. Just like steroids exist in athletics. Just like implants exist in hoes.

It's still a foul. It's still cheating. It's still unauthentic. Still unacceptable in the game.

Thing is, I'm a fan of music. Cheating, fouls, all that ? only affects rankings of rappers. I personally don't care where any of these ? are ranked. Rankings are all opinions anyway. I only care about the lyrics themselves and how the music sounds. Some of you would flat out stop listening to a song because you found out the artist didn't write it. That ? 's silly to me.

Rap is a competitive. Ranking is not 100% opinions

You ? can't claim to be all about the 'feeling' of records, and say something like this. Using Drake as an example, the ? is constantly toating his lyrical prowess on wax. The 'lyrics themselves' is him talking ? about being the best in his sport. Over and over. So... do you care about what is being said? Cuz the ? isn't true. Can you relate to it? No, your not a platinum selling artist. Or are you one of those ? who just "like the way it sounds"? Because if that is the case, then the lyrics can be inaudible on some Young Thug. You should be ready to cosign that as well.

And if that is indeed the case, then why are you worried about this discussion? Be a music fan, that's cool. There are ditzy white ? who are simply fans of 'music' as well and thats fine.

But rap fans are rap fans because they know the rules of the genre, and indulge in it's competitiveness, as well as the truth it speaks to us. As fans of the genre, we dictate the the quality of the end product with our voice.

A lot of yall remind me of woman who claim to be sports fans. These hoes don't really care about the game; they care about specific players and the presentation. ? like me actually like the game itself.

Miley Cyrus>>>>>2pac.

Lol. Typical Reason responses. One extreme or the other. Miley Cyrus, Young Thug and anybody whose music sounds like theirs is trash to me. Just because I said I don't necessarily care how a song is crafted doesn't mean I don't like quality. ? .
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I seen you ? defend worse ? then drake stans tho
  • Screwtape
    Options

nah. not here
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

nah. not here

Lmfaooooooooo I been here for 5 years I seen worst foh
  • Screwtape
    Options

nah. not here

not in any way, ive been here 8 years on and off and there is no way you can tell me the IC isnt anything other than fair and impartial, its just that some posters are mentally ? and struggle to get their point across.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

nah. not here

not in any way, ive been here 8 years on and off and there is no way you can tell me the IC isnt anything other than fair and impartial, its just that some posters are mentally ? and struggle to get their point across.

Lmao the IC ain't impartial when it comes to this ? . Never has been
  • Screwtape
    Options

nah. not here

Lmao the IC ain't impartial when it comes to this ? . Never has been

disagree, this is a very fair forum in regards to opinions,

every pac biggie, jay nas etc conversation have always been conducted in the most impeccable manner, its just the odd ? who waylays the topic because of brain problems, but its hardly their fault as they are mentally ill
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That one Drake Stan never came back. Dude left his own thread when it got real
  • Screwtape
    Options
    That one Drake Stan never came back. Dude left his own thread when it got real

guy dropped a snidey little thread then when presented with actual aguments just split

hell be back like this, all like 'try getting common sense and hard facts through this. drake the greatest rapper ever in here'

ulm.jpg

• mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You ? can't claim to be all about the 'feeling' of records, and say something like this. Using Drake as an example, the ? is constantly toating his lyrical prowess on wax. The 'lyrics themselves' is him talking ? about being the best in his sport. Over and over. So... do you care about what is being said? Cuz the ? isn't true. Can you relate to it? No, your not a platinum selling artist. Or are you one of those ? who just "like the way it sounds"? Because if that is the case, then the lyrics can be inaudible on some Young Thug. You should be ready to cosign that as well.

And if that is indeed the case, then why are you worried about this discussion? Be a music fan, that's cool. There are ditzy white ? who are simply fans of 'music' as well and thats fine.

But rap fans are rap fans because they know the rules of the genre, and indulge in it's competitiveness, as well as the truth it speaks to us. As fans of the genre, we dictate the the quality of the end product with our voice.

A lot of yall remind me of woman who claim to be sports fans. These hoes don't really care about the game; they care about specific players and the presentation. ? like me actually like the game itself.

Miley Cyrus>>>>>2pac.

Lol. Typical Reason responses. One extreme or the other. Miley Cyrus, Young Thug and anybody whose music sounds like theirs is trash to me. Just because I said I don't necessarily care how a song is crafted doesn't mean I don't like quality. ? .

You didn't address anything in that post.
    If your simply a fan of music only concerned about sound, then maintain your prerogative, and stay out of the way of ? who are legit fans of rap.

That is not what you ? are doing though. Ya'll are caping for Drake; attempting to validate him, and trying to tell ? that they are "silly" for discontinuing their support for some ? that has been deemed unauthentic.

You think it's "silly" for ? to stop listening to some ? based off of anything other then the music sound.

I think that is shallow ? .

I think it's "silly" to try to tell ? they're wrong for expecting a level of authenticity behind their music.

No one said it's wrong to expect authenticity. I basically said, it's silly to hear a song you like, find out someone else wrote it and be like "awwww ? that song bruh". If you liked the song, if it made your day, if it got you through the death of a family member or friend, the song served its purpose. ? how it was crafted. All I'm saying. We can agree to disagree. I don't care either way. I was just dropping an opinion on a message board. You decided to challenge me and say I might as well like Young Thug and I'm not a legit rap fan. I found it hilarious considering my extensive knowledge and collection of not only Hip-Hop but music in general. Which is why I clicked LOL on both your statements because I authentically laughed out loud.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Miley Cyrus>>>>>2pac.

You didn't address anything in that post.
    If your simply a fan of music only concerned about sound, then maintain your prerogative, and stay out of the way of ? who are legit fans of rap.

That is not what you ? are doing though. Ya'll are caping for Drake; attempting to validate him, and trying to tell ? that they are "silly" for discontinuing their support for some ? that has been deemed unauthentic.

You think it's "silly" for ? to stop listening to some ? based off of anything other then the music sound.

I think that is shallow ? .

I think it's "silly" to try to tell ? they're wrong for expecting a level of authenticity behind their music.

GOAT post

And this is exactly what I mean when I call Drake a Pop Diva. I'll use Beyonce as an example

Beyonce does not write her own music. She has also blatantly taken songs from lesser known artists(she basically stole ? in Love from Future/Detail). This is common knowledge to everyone but Beyonce fans

Tell Beyonce fans that she doesn't write her own music and they will go out of their way to try and destroy you in any way possible. I've actually gotten into real life arguments with female Beyonce stans after I told them that she's given a set of pre-written songs and she cherry-picks the ones she wants to use

This is also true of a lot of other pop artists.

When I think of Drake and all of his moves, I see him in this lane, not the rapper lane

Which is why I call him a pop diva
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beyonce didn't "steal" any music lol. Detail made the beat and have Future record over it and then gave it Beyonce after
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Beyonce didn't "steal" any music lol. Detail made the beat and have Future record over it and then gave it Beyonce after

Incorrect. They demo'd it for Beyonce and she never got back to them about it, then it was suddenly on her album

I made a whole thread about this a while ago, back when I was still getting flagged for talking about Future

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/513096/future-interview-with-angie-martinez-hot-97-admits-to-writing-? -in-love/p1
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

Incorrect. They demo'd it for Beyonce and she never got back to them about it, then it was suddenly on her album

I made a whole thread about this a while ago, back when I was still getting flagged for talking about Future

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/513096/future-interview-with-angie-martinez-hot-97-admits-to-writing-? -in-love/p1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVIOvouRjpc

why is Detail listed as a producer and writer if she stole it?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Based on previous precedent that song was stolen/
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Based on previous precedent that song was stolen/

?